It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I Didn't Realize How Bad It Was

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Man, this is just a new and separate John Titor timeline that has been created with my Mandela time capsule....just kidding...

On a serious note this is a insurgency. These are people who are paid are domestic terrorists. Inciting violence and fear. I do not remember a time where it was 'just a thing' that 2 or 3 police vehicles would be destroyed on a daily or weekly basis around the country. That police would be shot for being police. Remember this was happening before the election and this is the spark. Blame the white people for voting. Point the hate there.

If the country is not careful there will be a flashpoint and it will not take a lot of people hurt and killed. How many cops were shot in Dallas and that was a BLM rally. Why was the BLM given so much money so late in the campaign. Because it was not meant to all be spent before and we are seeing the tendrils reaching out. Mr Trump is not in office yet and it is almost as if this is the Hail Mary. To continue to use the media to inflame the nation and perpetuate more hate.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Man, this is just a new and separate John Titor timeline that has been created with my Mandela time capsule....just kidding...

On a serious note this is a insurgency. These are people who are paid are domestic terrorists. Inciting violence and fear. I do not remember a time where it was 'just a thing' that 2 or 3 police vehicles would be destroyed on a daily or weekly basis around the country. That police would be shot for being police. Remember this was happening before the election and this is the spark. Blame the white people for voting. Point the hate there.

If the country is not careful there will be a flashpoint and it will not take a lot of people hurt and killed. How many cops were shot in Dallas and that was a BLM rally. Why was the BLM given so much money so late in the campaign. Because it was not meant to all be spent before and we are seeing the tendrils reaching out. Mr Trump is not in office yet and it is almost as if this is the Hail Mary. To continue to use the media to inflame the nation and perpetuate more hate.

Well, this is all Trump's fault for saying the things he said. As he said with the p*ssy comment, he thinks he can get away with saying anything. Now he's seeing there are repercussions to his words. This all got everyone by surprise because everyone assumed someone like Trump would never win and that Hillary would win easily. Trump's policies are toxic and hated. Stepping down wouldn't solve much since Mike Pence is just as bad as Trump on various issues.

The night he won lots of people cried. I had never seen so many people crying over someone losing. They were afraid of Trump's policies and that a person like him could be president.
edit on 11-11-2016 by JustinT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If you think this is bad, wait till inauguration day. He needs to be outside in front of tons of people that will be protesting him.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I just realized that we have been saying how the left shouldn't let the media deliberately incite them into such fear.

But really if we react with shock-horror-awe and even fear to the behavior the media is deliberately inciting, then WE are doing the same thing they are.

I think whether it's true or not, the best thing might be for everyone possible to tell themselves: people will get over it. Those protesting are only some. Most of them are probably promoted by paid agendas. We're going to move on like we always have.

RC

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedCairo
I just realized that we have been saying how the left shouldn't let the media deliberately incite them into such fear.

But really if we react with shock-horror-awe and even fear to the behavior the media is deliberately inciting, then WE are doing the same thing they are.

I think whether it's true or not, the best thing might be for everyone possible to tell themselves: people will get over it. Those protesting are only some. Most of them are probably promoted by paid agendas. We're going to move on like we always have.

RC

Trump supporters think everyone is paid. As a Hillary supporter, I was constantly told I was being paid. Look at the faces of people on election night. All the people crying. What Trump said impacted their lives. It hurt them deeply. The protests are real.

This isn't normal. At his ball, no music entertainers are going to want to participate. At his parade, people will be protesting. On inauguration day, the biggest protest of all is going to happen. Tons of women are going to show up and grab Trump back where it hurts.
edit on 11-11-2016 by JustinT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I dont speak for all of the left when I say this.. but..

We preach peace, you preach war..

We preach acceptence.. you preach divide

We preach equality, you preach social classes on money and race.

We preach non violence, you preach guns...

We preach all for one and one for all, you preach everyone for themselves...

The difference between the right and us (the left). Is that we try to be as peaceful as possible. We PREACH love. Yet the right just preaches hate...

That's why we see swastikas, and build a wall chants in schools, and a muslin being killed today, and racial slurs...

But for the most part.. the right just barks..

You see the left has power... immense power.We have a drive and a strength the right can't fathom. We are stronger together!

We can take a beating.. we are martyrs...

But once we get to that point.. of no return..

Once we are pushed far enough.. we have a bite that the right can't fathom. You all just bark.... just preach...

You come at us with a knife.. we come back with a gun...

Don't take the fight to us.. you you will be relayed in full.

Donald Trump's election was an act of war. He is THAT bad of a human being. It is as if you have punched us each in the face. It was a direct attack on our freedoms and liberties. It was pure hatred and evI'll thrown right in our faces..

Dont get mad if we defend ourselves... you took the first swing.. now you have to live with the consequences

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

I'm familiar with self-defense laws, I've actually had to defend my life.

Electing a president does not count as causing violence and claiming self-defense.
edit on 11-11-2016 by GodEmperor because: sp

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

The difference between the right and us (the left). Is that we try to be as peaceful as possible. We PREACH love. Yet the right just preaches hate...

That's why we see swastikas, and build a wall chants in schools, and a muslin being killed today, and racial slurs...

You see the left has power... immense power.We have a drive and a strength the right can't fathom. We are stronger together!

Once we are pushed far enough.. we have a bite that the right can't fathom. You all just bark.... just preach...

Donald Trump's election was an act of war. He is THAT bad of a human being. It is as if you have punched us each in the face. It was a direct attack on our freedoms and liberties. It was pure hatred and evI'll thrown right in our faces..

Dont get mad if we defend ourselves... you took the first swing.. now you have to live with the consequences

Your gal lost an election in a democratic republic, and she lost fair and square. It was not an act of war. It was an act of political will.

If you don't like it, get involved in the system in a productive way and make a difference. Be the change you want to see in the world. In 4 years, help make sure your political ideology is more accurately represented by mobilizing voters.

All this violence in the streets just makes normal people more sympathetic of Trump, as it makes his opposition look like spoiled brats who don't understand democracy.

You've got to understand, the vast majority of people have an immediate, visceral reaction when they see people rioting. It's not favorable.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustinT

Well, this is all Trump's fault for saying the things he said. As he said with the p*ssy comment, he thinks he can get away with saying anything. Now he's seeing there are repercussions to his words. This all got everyone by surprise because everyone assumed someone like Trump would never win and that Hillary would win easily. Trump's policies are toxic and hated. Stepping down wouldn't solve much since Mike Pence is just as bad as Trump on various issues.

The night he won lots of people cried. I had never seen so many people crying over someone losing. They were afraid of Trump's policies and that a person like him could be president.

Yes, Trump made a lot of idiotic comments.

But that certainly doesn't justify rioting.

As unappealing as Trump was, the united STATES of America apparently found Hillary slightly less appealing. The DNC failed to produce an electable candidate. Perhaps they've learned their lesson with regard to the poor treatment they gave Bernie.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Sorry, but both sides have preached divide for quite some time now and still do.

Keep doing it though, that's exactly what TPTB want, because if you ever manage to overcome the division there will be hell to pay for them.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

Your gal lost an election in a democratic republic, and she lost fair and square. It was not an act of war. It was an act of political will.

If you don't like it, get involved in the system in a productive way and make a difference. Be the change you want to see in the world. In 4 years, help make sure your political ideology is more accurately represented by mobilizing voters.

All this violence in the streets just makes normal people more sympathetic of Trump, as it makes his opposition look like spoiled brats who don't understand democracy.

You've got to understand, the vast majority of people have an immediate, visceral reaction when they see people rioting. It's not favorable.

I was being a tad dramatic.

I moved recently from a swing state (ohio) to a traditionally red state (Arizona)..

And I volunteered for the Hillary campaign, I did phone banks, and helped push the vote, and paperwork etc.

I was active, I put a lot of time into it, I already work 8+ hours a day and I would go in on weekends and after work and put in time.

Ivery spoken with state senators and been very active.

We almost flipped this state blue, imy proud of that..

Actually.. I think when the final AZ tally is done, it will be blue.. they already changed it from pink to grey on the cnn map.. all the votes left (there are only 80% in) are in Democratic areas and she's only down like 60-70k

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

As unappealing as Trump was, the united STATES of America apparently found Hillary slightly less appealing. The DNC failed to produce an electable candidate. Perhaps they've learned their lesson with regard to the poor treatment they gave Bernie.

The media destroyed Hillary with that BS email scandal. Let's be real here, no need to spin anything anymore - she lost. This was all over a potential hack to her private server. That was a real issue, but not THAT big of an issue. The government at all levels is hacked all the time. When the white house was actually hacked it was a tiny news story for a few minutes. Yet, Hillary's potential hack was covered for 2 years. It was the media trying to spin a story to death to make the race closer. 2 years of Hillary being called a "liar" over the emails and "careless" had an effect. If it wasn't for that email scandal she would have won in a landslide. The reality is that she wasn't that hated before that. When she left her job as senator her approval rating was 67%. When she left as SOS her approval rating was 70%. She took a nose dive with the email scandal. Comey bringing that up a few days before the election had the most effect.

Also, people assumed she was going to win. That didn't motivate people to go out and vote. My brother said "I'm going to go vote, but if the line is long I'm leaving. My vote doesn't matter anyway since she's going to win easily." That type of thinking also contributed to her loss.

Bernie was an independent that couldn't even get Dems behind him. He was very behind, no one did anything to Bernie. He was simply behind and got nasty near the end. Only naive people have issues with the DNC. Everyone knows the DNC picks a favorite years ahead of time. They always do that. Right now for 2020 they have their eye on Warren, Bernie & Tim Kaine. Those will be the leaders when the primary begins. Is the DNC biased? They are picking who they feel is strongest way ahead of time. If someone pops up out of nowhere, like Bernie did, he needs to start from the bottom. If he makes enough noise, in a few years he'll be the DNC favorite. In 2020 Bernie will be in Hillary's spot, as the "DNC favorite." It's how the system works. It was not rigged against Bernie. Had he garnered enough support, like Obama did in 2008, he'd be the nominee. He wasn't successful this year, but his strong showing will have him ahead in 2020. That's reality. No one cheated.
edit on 12-11-2016 by JustinT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Actually.. I think when the final AZ tally is done, it will be blue.. they already changed it from pink to grey on the cnn map.. all the votes left (there are only 80% in) are in Democratic areas and she's only down like 60-70k

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: underpass61

I live in a Republican state, the schools did the mockery elections but used the real candidates, for what I have witness most of the school children supposedly chose Hillary in their mock ballot, and that is how the local media told the public.

My state only got two counties for Hillary, the rest was all Republicans and that is how is been seen I can remember.

It is something very weird in our educational system shaping our children this days.

"Am I out of touch?

No its the children who are wrong."

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JustinT

This is the biggest bit from the election. The GOP smear campaign worked very well. They spent Millions in tax payer money to find nothing but kept on pushing and pushing to find something. All while keeping in the mind of people that Clinton is being investigated. The Timing of the FBI letter a few days before the election was the icing on the cake. Add to this the voter suppression in some GOP controlled states like WI and NC and you have a massive lower turn out for Clinton.

It is remarkable how well it worked and how willing the public was to eat it up.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The media destroyed Hillary with that BS email scandal.

Naw. I would like to explain something: I am a female, and a single mom, and a hippie basically, a California girl born and raised. And I despised Hillary long before, during and after the 'email' thing -- and I don't watch the news so I actually only found out about it well after the fact and I never even understood it totally. I didn't take it seriously because I am interested in judging people based on what their "platform of important issues" is -- not based on what their opponent or anybody else can cook up, and you never really know what's real in the midst of the drama in the moment, so I just tune it out.

By using the excuse that the email thing is "why" she lost, you profoundly invalidate every single issue that DJT was promoting in his 100 days promise, and you invalidate every person who voted for him in the hope that he really would make good on trying to make those things happen, even sincerely trying would be a big deal.

You also profoundly invalidate people who consider the constitution and the 2nd Amendment to be critically important. Because to me, what Hillary represented was her ever-repeated determination to take guns from law abiding citizens and interfere with the Bill of Rights. To me this makes her an enemy of the state.

It has nothing to do with email, or her being a woman. I am 15 nationalities and female. I am not a racist or a sexist.

It has everything to do with a country full of people sick of our money going to wars, going to the UN, going to illegal aliens (although I don't personally focus on that one myself), rather than going to things here.

People sick of bogus trade and tax issues that make our own companies vampires that take our jobs and taxes, where "world market" means we are supposed to compete with enslaved children often, or China's lowball prices so they can export their toxic waste in every product possible and we still pay for it rather than them trying to pay to dispose of it, or the many other issues that have -- as even Bernie Sanders has ranted on video for years mind you -- lost tens of millions of jobs from our country.

Sick of a corrupted government system that makes it impossible for citizens to effect change by/for the people because corporations own it due to slick policies allowing it. Sick of media controlled by ubercorporations and socialist and foreign agendas constantly pressing on getting more people here we have to feed, they are vampires not contributors, and opening the door to lax security bringing in terrorism in a world making that more likely by the day.

I could continue for another two weeks or so, but the point is, all these issues are what mattered to me -- and as my "profiling" of myself makes clear, I should be exactly the kind of person that would totally vote for HRC.

That you 'assume' that others like me have no brains and were merely "distracted by the media' rather than having serious, legitimate issues a candidate promised to address, is invalidating, to say the least.

And ironic. Because I am familiar with HRC's platform stuff but nobody I've talked with the last couple days so upset about the outcome is familiar with DJT's platform. So who is merely influenced by the hyperbole in the media?

RC

edit on 12-11-2016 by RedCairo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I was being a tad dramatic.

I moved recently from a swing state (ohio) to a traditionally red state (Arizona)..

And I volunteered for the Hillary campaign, I did phone banks, and helped push the vote, and paperwork etc.

I was active, I put a lot of time into it, I already work 8+ hours a day and I would go in on weekends and after work and put in time.

Ivery spoken with state senators and been very active.

We almost flipped this state blue, imy proud of that..

This post was much better than your previous one where you took this election as an act of war.

I feel for you and all of the other Hillary supporters. Even though I disliked her, I know what it is like to believe in someone and have them lose (I was a Ron Paul guy for eight years, still am in many ways).

But violence is not the answer.

I would encourage you to really try to empathize with "the right". I don't believe it is as simple as you say, that the right are warlike evil people and the left are peace loving and always kind.

But as someone who is on the right, I hope you put your energies into winning next time, win by showing the people around you in your life that you represent your ideology, and you are aa great person. That will cause your side to have far more success than declaring war on the people who disagree with you.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

The media destroyed Hillary with that BS email scandal. Let's be real here, no need to spin anything anymore - she lost. This was all over a potential hack to her private server. That was a real issue, but not THAT big of an issue. The government at all levels is hacked all the time. When the white house was actually hacked it was a tiny news story for a few minutes. Yet, Hillary's potential hack was covered for 2 years. It was the media trying to spin a story to death to make the race closer. 2 years of Hillary being called a "liar" over the emails and "careless" had an effect. If it wasn't for that email scandal she would have won in a landslide. The reality is that she wasn't that hated before that. When she left her job as senator her approval rating was 67%. When she left as SOS her approval rating was 70%. She took a nose dive with the email scandal. Comey bringing that up a few days before the election had the most effect.

Also, people assumed she was going to win. That didn't motivate people to go out and vote. My brother said "I'm going to go vote, but if the line is long I'm leaving. My vote doesn't matter anyway since she's going to win easily." That type of thinking also contributed to her loss.

Bernie was an independent that couldn't even get Dems behind him. He was very behind, no one did anything to Bernie. He was simply behind and got nasty near the end. Only naive people have issues with the DNC. Everyone knows the DNC picks a favorite years ahead of time. They always do that. Right now for 2020 they have their eye on Warren, Bernie & Tim Kaine. Those will be the leaders when the primary begins. Is the DNC biased? They are picking who they feel is strongest way ahead of time. If someone pops up out of nowhere, like Bernie did, he needs to start from the bottom. If he makes enough noise, in a few years he'll be the DNC favorite. In 2020 Bernie will be in Hillary's spot, as the "DNC favorite." It's how the system works. It was not rigged against Bernie. Had he garnered enough support, like Obama did in 2008, he'd be the nominee. He wasn't successful this year, but his strong showing will have him ahead in 2020. That's reality. No one cheated.

The hack didn't hurt her, it was the content of the hacks that did. And it was the fact that she broke the law and got away with it.

And your assertion that the media cause her loss, that is laughable. Any remotely unbiased person can see the vast majority of the media was in the bag for hillary.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedCairo

The media destroyed Hillary with that BS email scandal.

Naw. I would like to explain something: I am a female, and a single mom, and a hippie basically, a California girl born and raised. And I despised Hillary long before, during and after the 'email' thing -- and I don't watch the news so I actually only found out about it well after the fact and I never even understood it totally. I didn't take it seriously because I am interested in judging people based on what their "platform of important issues" is -- not based on what their opponent or anybody else can cook up, and you never really know what's real in the midst of the drama in the moment, so I just tune it out.

By using the excuse that the email thing is "why" she lost, you profoundly invalidate every single issue that DJT was promoting in his 100 days promise, and you invalidate every person who voted for him in the hope that he really would make good on trying to make those things happen, even sincerely trying would be a big deal.

You also profoundly invalidate people who consider the constitution and the 2nd Amendment to be critically important. Because to me, what Hillary represented was her ever-repeated determination to take guns from law abiding citizens and interfere with the Bill of Rights. To me this makes her an enemy of the state.

It has nothing to do with email, or her being a woman. I am 15 nationalities and female. I am not a racist or a sexist.

It has everything to do with a country full of people sick of our money going to wars, going to the UN, going to illegal aliens (although I don't personally focus on that one myself), rather than going to things here.

People sick of bogus trade and tax issues that make our own companies vampires that take our jobs and taxes, where "world market" means we are supposed to compete with enslaved children often, or China's lowball prices so they can export their toxic waste in every product possible and we still pay for it rather than them trying to pay to dispose of it, or the many other issues that have -- as even Bernie Sanders has ranted on video for years mind you -- lost tens of millions of jobs from our country.

Sick of a corrupted government system that makes it impossible for citizens to effect change by/for the people because corporations own it due to slick policies allowing it. Sick of media controlled by ubercorporations and socialist and foreign agendas constantly pressing on getting more people here we have to feed, they are vampires not contributors, and opening the door to lax security bringing in terrorism in a world making that more likely by the day.

I could continue for another two weeks or so, but the point is, all these issues are what mattered to me -- and as my "profiling" of myself makes clear, I should be exactly the kind of person that would totally vote for HRC.

That you 'assume' that others like me have no brains and were merely "distracted by the media' rather than having serious, legitimate issues a candidate promised to address, is invalidating, to say the least.

And ironic. Because I am familiar with HRC's platform stuff but nobody I've talked with the last couple days so upset about the outcome is familiar with DJT's platform. So who is merely influenced by the hyperbole in the media?

RC

You can identify problems, but can't really find realistic solutions. Hillary tries to get as much accomplished as she can while using the current system. What will Trump really do? Nothing. He told Kasich that he would let him have all power if he was his VP. That Trump would just handle the PR aspects of the presidency. All policy would be done by Kasich. If he offered Kasich that deal, I'm pretty sure he said that to Pence also. So, Trump will do NOTHING. Pence will just try to make the US more conservative. Everything you mentioned will not change with Trump. He's already filling his cabinet with lobbyists. Everything he said will be a lie. It will be a Pence presidency with Trump going out on TV when needed. You had two choices. Trump or Hillary. From those two, Hillary would actually get more accomplished that Trump. Due to how toxic Trump is, Pence might not be able to do much at all those 4 years. If you voted for Trump, you threw away 4 years.

The president can only do so much. Congress is there to keep the president in check. Hillary didn't want to rock the boat, she wanted to do as much as possible with the current system. Because that's realistically all that she can do in 8 years. If she goes too extreme left, she'd get nothing accomplished. She'd promise a lot, make you happy, then accomplish nothing. She presented a realistic picture of what she could accomplish. Trump presented lies. Lies wins. He'll disappointing all and lose in 4 years.
edit on 12-11-2016 by JustinT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

The hack didn't hurt her, it was the content of the hacks that did. And it was the fact that she broke the law and got away with it.

And your assertion that the media cause her loss, that is laughable. Any remotely unbiased person can see the vast majority of the media was in the bag for hillary.

The problem was that the media desperately didn't want to seem biased. Trump had so many negative stories that to look balanced they just kept going back to the email story. They had to present negative stories from both sides. Trump's stories changed daily. Hers was the same one for two years, that's why it stuck. The media probably didn't realize what they were doing till after the election. All the attention they paid to Trump got him elected. Also, they covered so many stories that nothing stuck. After awhile it just all looked the same. Hillary though, it was just one - the emails. Also, the media made him into the villain. The villain usually wins.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join