It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I Didn't Realize How Bad It Was

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I've been screaming it on here for a long time now. Their rhetoric was only making Trump more popular, and giving him more support.

Even on ATS they got downright nasty at times. It became impossible to talk in any normal way to have a discussion. they immediately go for the Alinsky tactic of ridicule.

Here's a hint....it doesn't work for long. Eventually people tire of it. And we did.

When Liberalism lost the working class, was when they became smug, and indignant. Their constant whining about feelings, when there are real issues that need addressed wore thin with Americans.

Liberalism as it has been known, is dead.
edit on 11-11-2016 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

That was also at a time where the two political cults weren't as vitriolic toward one another as they are now. I have no doubt that Trump supporters would act in the same fashion as Clinton supporters are right now if Trump had lost.

As the Trump supporter in the article I linked said, they'd do "whatever needs to be done" to get Hillary out of office.
edit on 11/11/2016 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Their rhetoric was only making Trump more popular, and giving him more support.

You don't think the media knew this was the case? They knew that their rhetoric was only driving his numbers up yet they continued bashing him. I wonder why that is?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

How many registered voters were their? and what was the per cent age of the population that did not vote? That has to be taken into the equation. Many people are homeless and living in cars, obviously they wouldn't vote for an incumbent that led them to that position. Don't you have to have to have an address to vote? Which means many Americans are disenfranchised.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Are your implying that Trump would have won the popular vote if those disenfranchised people were to vote? Because that argument could easily go the other way as well.

We can trade "what ifs" all night, that doesn't change the fact that Hillary won the popular vote.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ah. OK.

Long night, and I'm still not functioning on all cylinders--though some would ask what's unusual about that--yet, and it's going on late afternoon here...

Which side? People only think there are sides. There really aren't any when you cut to what is truly important--our children, that roof over our heads and food in the pantry--and everything that goes with that.

Where we differ is in the means to get there, never the end. Or so it seems to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
a reply to: anonentity

Are your implying that Trump would have won the popular vote if those disenfranchised people were to vote? Because that argument could easily go the other way as well.

We can trade "what ifs" all night, that doesn't change the fact that Hillary won the popular vote.

...also does not change the fact that Trump won the election.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Hermit777

Obama says for the good of the country there will be no transition i will stay until there can be a clean new election.

And what do you think would be the result of such an action?

This would put the US in shut down mode. It would serve no purpose and I don't think the people would turn on each other, I think it would be the straw that broke the camel's back, and the people would band together and revolt against the real enemy.

Declaring martial law and counterfeiting the election would be the same as declaring out and out war on the American people. Unless they are hoping for the immigrants to do their dirty work for them, and I don't see immigrants falling for that ruse, so they would be pulling the plug on America. Americans would survive, the government wouldn't.

The best we could hope for is the Phoenix born from the ashes.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I tell ya what people.

There has never been a time with a more pressing need for the second amendment, and the castle doctrine.

There is no arguing stupid.

There is no fixing stupid.

And is the last step in political arguments.

You can look down at that scenario, but yall need to take a good efing look around you.

It's not going to get any better.

For the last eight YEARS the president and his party has stoked the flames of identity politics.

We are to only out come now.

Such an effing shame too.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You guys are all so delusional its crazy! Go do some actual research before you assume anything, are you really implying that there were no protests, no violence, no flag burning, no threats to secede, no racism, no death threats? I remember TONS of death threats before his inauguration. You guys are living in a fairy tale land were the past is what you decide it was, select memories much? # I remember in 2012 when Trump himself called for protests, called the electoral college a sham, and abunch of other #...but for him its different right? I don't support Hillary either, believing that Trump will be any different is a pipedream. Id be awesome if he came in and changed the country for the better....but obviously you haven't been watching politics long if you think thats gonna happen. He wouldn't of been elected, if this wasn't the plan.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: Hermit777

Obama says for the good of the country there will be no transition i will stay until there can be a clean new election.

And what do you think would be the result of such an action?

It wouldn't put the U.S. into shut down mode because Obama would be removed forcibly from office. However, as I'm sure you agree, it would be a really stupid thing for him to do, and of course there's no way he would because he's not a complete gomer.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

Who cares that Hillary won the popular vote?

The popular vote doesn't mean squat, except that Hillary ran up the percentages in traditionally Democratic strongholds like California and New York.

If the goal had been to win the popular vote, Trump would have campaigned for the popular vote in those very same places instead of focusing on the rust belt, and the numbers would have been different.

And for the record, I did not vote for Trump.
edit on 11-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Nothing would have happened if Hillary won because almost everyone saw her as someone that was going to win. People accepted her as president. People on the other hand despise Trump in ways I have never seen before. Hillary haters are a much smaller group. Trump deeply offended so many people that now we have half the country deeply hating him like I have never seen before. How is he ever going to come out in public? Who's going to participate in his ball? No music stars want to be a part of his ball. I'm surprised people at his forum like Trump, the rest of the world hates him. They didn't hate him before the election, the hate him now because he went around fanning every divisive flame out there. No one has ever been as divisive as he is. That's why people hate him.

People here likely have no idea how much this man is hated. I run into people all the time that tell me they hate Trump, to the point that its even kinda scary. I know this military guy that owns tons of guys that despises Trump. I have never seen this level of hate for a politician in my life.
edit on 11-11-2016 by JustinT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Though I didn't vote for Clinton, I'm about as liberal as they come. And I want to go on record as saying this violence by those protesting the president-elect's election is completely unacceptable, and morally hypocritical. It's also only going to harm the rest of us who believe in peaceful, civil disagreement and decorum who happen to be left of center, by allowing everyone to - with justification - make the argument that the left is just dangerous and anarchistic.

If you're politically and ideologically liberal, I urge you to condemn this violence and encourage strictly peaceful disagreements. And I also want to say something else: since this election clearly demonstrates that the left failed to perceive or care about the very real economic (and other) pain and fear of those on the right in this country, the solution to that is not further hate, violence, and vitriol. The solution - and challenge - for those of us on the left, is instead to actually give a crap about the rights and wellbeing of our countrymen/women on the right.

If we cannot or will not do that, then we are moral hypocrites, and deserve the election results we get. Democrats lost. You don't have to like it, but that's the reality. The one thing conservatives and progressives have ever unanimously agreed on is: get money out of politics, and stop corporate interests from running the show. Now is the time to come together and work on that. Not to start a spate of violence that is only going to harm our polity and unity even further.

IMHO.

Peace.
edit on 11/11/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
Though I didn't vote for Clinton, I'm about as liberal as they come. And I want to go on record as saying this violence by those protesting the president-elect's election is completely unacceptable, and morally hypocritical. It's also only going to harm the rest of us who believe in peaceful, civil disagreement and decorum who happen to be left of center, by allowing everyone to - with justification - make the argument that the left is just dangerous and anarchistic.

If you're politically and ideologically liberal, I urge you to condemn this violence and encourage strictly peaceful disagreements. And I also want to say something else: since this election clearly demonstrates that the left failed to perceive or care about the very real economic (and other) pain and fear of those on the right in this country, the solution to that is not further hate, violence, and vitriol. The solution - and challenge - for those of us on the left, is instead to actually give a crap about the rights and wellbeing of our countrymen/women on the right.

If we cannot or will not do that, then we are moral hypocrites, and deserve the election results we get. Democrats lost. You don't have to like it, but that's the reality. The one thing conservatives and progressives have ever unanimously agreed on is: get money out of politics, and stop corporate interests from running the show. Now is the time to come together and work on that. Not to start a spate of violence that is only going to harm our polity and unity even further.

IMHO.

Peace.

They feel this is the way to try to stop Trump from implementing his campaign promises. If Reps see how much his policies are hated, they will fear reelection and try to talk him out of it. It might even stop Trump from implementing his campaign promises. He's probably even surprised by how much he riled people up. If he tries to build the wall, all hell will break loose.

Not only that, but if he's this hated he will start to think of his billion dollar brand. The value of his name will go down, to the point that it will be toxic. He could lose a lot of money over being president. The protests could be very effective in stopping Trump from implementing his campaign promises.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JustinT

I cannot and will not justify violence regardless of the intended outcome. The ends do not justify the means, and if I said they did while calling myself liberal and supporting unity and polity, I would be a hypocrite. I refuse. In the United States, we settle our differences by voting, debating, and listening to one another. Neither side has done that lately, and I refuse to contribute to that divide. Nor will I give others justification to see everyone who thinks like I do and believes as I do as an anarchist willing to engage in violence to obtain what we could not obtain at the ballot box.

Moreover... I think they will find if they continue to ramp things up and engage in violence in order to oppose what they disagree with (or fear, since nothing has even been done yet,) far from achieving their political aims, the new administration will do everything possible to suppress such unrest... hard. Is that really what this country needs right now? Is that how we make progress? Is that what's going to lessen the suffering of people on both ends of the ideological spectrum?

Everyone else can do as they will, and I can respect everyone's opinions (if decrying their actions,) but that's where I stand.

Peace.
edit on 11/11/2016 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I never said it did, but it does say that more people voted for Hillary so these people saying "the American people have spoken" aren't exactly right. IF the numbers can be trusted that is.
edit on 11/11/2016 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The whole thing illustrates how pathetic America has become ,a bunch of brainwashed [by the media ,Hollywood ,Disney ,the BS in Universities ,etc] whiny ,spoilt ,lazy ,me me me i, i ,i self obsessed brats ,tantrum throwing little hypocrites and their pathetic little ''Causes '' they fight for, the LGBT Community,the Muslims ,Mexican [here illegally ,do the know the definition of the word illegal ? if you tore the page out of the dictionary and stuffed it down their throat they still wouldnt want to know ,just throw another tantrum] Pro abortion ,anti gun where does it end ,Anti everything !!!!!!!! ? .Make more threats, break some shop windows ,burn a car .If Clinton was President im sure the [''EVIL'' ] Conservatives would not have been happy, BUT not resorted to this childish carry on and ''NOT MY PRESIDENT '' are these people adults ? NO ! just the spoilt brat generation ,masquerading as ADULTS .But now the Bolsheviks are threatening to kill the ''Evil'' Royal family ,Lefties never change ,they are all about one thing, Destroying Society, and they Revel in it !

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ozb1777
The whole thing illustrates how pathetic America has become ,a bunch of brainwashed [by the media ,Hollywood ,Disney ,the BS in Universities ,etc] whiny ,spoilt ,lazy ,me me me i, i ,i self obsessed brats ,tantrum throwing little hypocrites and their pathetic little ''Causes '' they fight for, the LGBT Community,the Muslims ,Mexican [here illegally ,do the know the definition of the word illegal ? if you tore the page out of the dictionary and stuffed it down their throat they still wouldnt want to know ,just throw another tantrum] Pro abortion ,anti gun where does it end ,Anti everything !!!!!!!! ? .Make more threats, break some shop windows ,burn a car .If Clinton was President im sure the [''EVIL'' ] Conservatives would not have been happy, BUT not resorted to this childish carry on and ''NOT MY PRESIDENT '' are these people adults ? NO ! just the spoilt brat generation ,masquerading as ADULTS .But now the Bolsheviks are threatening to kill the ''Evil'' Royal family ,Lefties never change ,they are all about one thing, Destroying Society, and they Revel in it !

If only millennials voted Hillary would have won every single state. The country is becoming more liberal. The GOP can either evolve or in the future they will never win. This election was an exception because it was so bizarre. Hillary vs Ted Cruz would have been an easy win for Hillary. Trump's strategy was new to politics. He figured out how to use the media to his advantage, along with divisive rhetoric. Hopefully we never see that again. Conservatives are dying out and old. They would not protest. Liberals were quiet because they thought Hillary was going to win easily. Once Trump won, it became real. Now they want to make sure he doesn't implement his campaign promises.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I find it disturbing that so many in the media (and on social media) fully expected Clinton to win. People were so sure that it was a shoo-in, that they never considered there was an alternative outcome. This, to me, is an indicator, a warning sign that darn near complete indoctrination is taking place and people are being brainwashed.

It's not just the spoiled brat kids that are protesting and rioting, it's grown adults that have absorbed the narrative--that any opposing view must be racist, misogynist, xenophobic and any other number of labels. Many instantly reverted to this mindset as soon as they found out Trump won. They wailed in despair, becoming irrational and in denial. Scores of people thought their world was ending. This is unhealthy and borderline psychotic.

Getting back to the kids and the protests/riots. Laws need to be enforced. Protesting is one thing. Destruction of property and harassing others is another. People need to be arrested and prosecuted. Order needs to be restored.
edit on 11-11-2016 by Freth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join