It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haakon Urns You might find this interesting.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
In March of 1962 Australian explorers found something quite unexpected. You will see an amazing claim, much like Admiral Byrd's claim of visiting Agartha, a place known as 'Inner Earth. Up until now, I had never heard of the Haakon Urns, even search provided nothing....

Hoax or not? What are your thoughts ?

www.youtube.com...

zandernatis.com...
edit on 10-11-2016 by Plotus because: add info

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If no organic materials had been discovered for carbon dating, then how are they manuscripts?
Were the manuscripts made with plastic?
Interesting story indeed.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
My money is on hoax. Type is too perfect. Written too conversationally. And why does it mention an Indiana fleet purchase in another article?
With all the interest in esoterica these days if this was real it would've made its way to google.
edit on 10-11-2016 by CharlieHustle because: Misspelling

edit on 10-11-2016 by CharlieHustle because: Mistake

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Honestly? Sounds pretty farfetched.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Interesting
But
If there is a book coming it seems like tidbits would have trickled out first..
Looks like ill have to wait for more info in the coming future

Lots of ancient mysteries floating around nowadays
Like.. Ocean X
Or
The larger than giza pyramid found 90 miles from..
Or the newly discovered findings at the antykethera site..
Or the moi statues being excavated in full..
Or
The jungles being aerialy scanned with technolgy leading to hundreds of unknown sites.
etc
Awesome times. .

B

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Interesting
But
If there is a book coming it seems like tidbits would have trickled out first..
Looks like ill have to wait for more info in the coming future

Lots of ancient mysteries floating around nowadays
Like.. Ocean X
Or
The larger than giza pyramid found 90 miles from..
Or the newly discovered findings at the antykethera site..
Or the moi statues being excavated in full..
Or
The jungles being aerialy scanned with technolgy leading to hundreds of unknown sites.
etc
Awesome times. .

B

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Since you posted, This was added...

zandernatis.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Why Has it Taken 50 Years For the Documents Found in Antarctica in 1962 to be Published?

The answer is in fact quite simple. The documents found in the 21, so-called “Haakon” Urns (or 18 to be precise, since the seals on three of them were missing), first of all had to be deciphered and catalogued. In view of the vast amount of material they contained, this could have taken up to 20 years. As it happened, the events of 1976 stopped all further work on the findings. But even so, enough had been done on one of the most important documents, “The Song of Gorin” (an epic poem of vast proportions) that publication could have gone ahead as planned in 1974.

Link

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I would say hoax right off.

The Sydney Morning Herald Archive doesn't show that story for March 26th, 1962. I just searched that day and the word "ancient". One hit about the True Unity of Men from From the Pulpit.
Archive
Sorry, good try.

edit on 10-11-2016 by LetsGoViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This is quite an impressive project here. Of course, its all fictional, but still should be ab interesting read. And I like how they gave it a back-story with the fake newspaper clippings, and the story (made up) about the "Australian Expedition" and the urns. Heres a quote from the book's website: btw the book is called Genesis Antarctica, a type of alternate history, alternate reality book

Virtually all of the ancillary material in “Genesis Antarctica” has therefore been designed to give credence to the story “transcribed” from “The Song of Gorin”. It has been added because the purpose of “meta-realist allegory” is to make readers earnestly want to believe the alternate truth it presents, thereby making the underlying message of the allegory itself much more potent. It may happen that, despite all the “disclaimers” and indications we are in “allegorical” territory, some may want to believe in the story so much they will shut out the possibility of it “only” being a way to make them dream. We therefore must tread carefully. Yet since we shape our own reality, it is part of our ambition to make the dreams so real they take form in our consciousness and our lives. Leaving with everyone the eternal, unanswered question which is the extension of every dream there has ever been:

“Yes, but what if…?”

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well, as I asked. "Hoax or not? What are your thoughts ?"

However LetsGoViking provided more tools for digging into this stuff, thanks.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Hoax (or advertising for book/movie.)

Believe me, if this was true, it would NOT be a secret (and the "60 years to decypher a document is pure fiction.") The Vostok Traverse Expedition is quite well known. These kinds of discoveries make scientists and explorers and nations famous. NatGeo and others would have a billion documentaries about it and there'd be books published.

The continent was overrun by ice`40-35 million years ago.
edit on 11-11-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

They'd be making movies about them.

No way does something like this remain secret for longer than I've been alive.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LetsGoViking
Sometimes you need to search using the word 'antient' not just 'ancient'
I did and it came up with multiple things from that word and some things about Antarctica.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
History of humanity is a very well kept secret and according to some, dates back to only about 20,000 years or so.
I remember seeing on CBC news a few years ago, a lady (Archaeologist) had found evidence in the artic of ??? (only god knows what) and whatever it was, she wanted to publish it in a scientific journal. She was denied to publish her find by her peers and the government cut all her funds to pursue her studies up north. She can't even get funds from the private sector.
Today, she sells flowers out of her home in Vancouver, BC.

Michael Cremo with " Forbidden Archaeology" might not be too far off afterall…

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AkQueen
I did and it came up with multiple things from that word and some things about Antarctica.

care to share your findings, or did you just necro a 3 year old thread for no other reason than to boost your post counter?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: AkQueen

care to share your findings, or did you just necro a 3 year old thread for no other reason than to boost your post counter?

The info that she provided was interesting. I tried it.

Why not try yourself rather than putting others down?

You complain about her interesting post but add nothing at all to the discussion.

P

new topics

top topics

join