It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Private Prison Stocks Skyrocket on Trump Win

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SaturnFX

Thanks for the laugh

I was insinuating more representative parties however.

naa, I only have one life and wont be sitting in a nation in flames fighting nonsense on both sides due to rampant insanity (must be the food or water supply..not sure).

I will finish up my business here and then head on out, but this isn't a oh muh gawd Trump is elected, time to leave plan. this has been the focus for a few years now. I have American citizenship, uk permanent residence, but I am sort of just wanting an exit from the west overall.
Go be the well mannered gaijin across the pacific and look shifty eyed at China seems like a better life goal for now.

こおおんアメリカ

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You have that right and have to do what you feel is necessary. I've a few friends who are in the same boat (no pun intended) and wish to do the same.

Many have fought and died for my right to be here, many in my own family tree. If the times comes, I'll be going down with the ship.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Are you threatening liberals with imprisonment via your lord and savior Donald J. Trump? Well, to be honest, I'd expect a fascist like Trump to do just that! I can see him following in the foot steps of Turkey's president regarding journalists or anyone who makes fun of him on social media. That said, Trump wants a nation wide Stop and Frisk policy enforced so guess what, everyone is in trouble but mostly the minorities as seen with NYC's S&F data.

You support private prisons?
edit on 10-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I always enjoy it when people all of a sudden have an issue with something thats been around for years. Where was the outrage when Obama was in office and why are people blaming Trump for something he has nothing to do with? If its such an issue for the liberal left then maybe do something about it instead of trying to blame Trump for Obamas failures.

LOL,

After January, Code Pink will be out protesting because of war as well. All Trump and Bush's fault

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Are you threatening liberals with imprisonment ...

You support private prisons?

No and No.

This was a liberal news hit and my reply was satirical.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm always leery of these sorts of news pieces. For instance, the only Trump quote is:

“we can do a lot of privatizations”

Extrapolate from that what you will but that is all that is said. Whether that means the whole prison system or the food they eat is up for debate, but the answer is not concrete.

The problem is what does Trump mean by Privatizations?

Private for Profit Prisons still means tax payers on the hook
Private Contracts for the Military, for the Health care Industry, for the Insurance Industry, for the college industry is actually shoveling boat loads of money from the tax payers to private for profit scoundrels

It all needs to be done away with

We need to break away from rewarding elites and shareholders with tax payers money

edit on 10-11-2016 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Satirical or not...I saw this coming a year .5 ago. Mutual fund in surveillance platforms is bigly yugge. Can't fight em, make em pay.

See those little beer can shaped things stickin out from every corner in every city with a pop. over 50k... Guess who owns those little rascals and who watches the movies? Private contractors, that's who. Now with the rampant paranoia, folks want em for their house.

Red Light cameras made me a nice piece of change back in the day.

Capitalism...doin business the American way!! It's not gonna stop, Trump is gonna let Privatization run rampant, it's inevitable so might as well get in on it. It's a brave new world....get out while you can!!!

edit on 10-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Hey i got some news. MJ use is eventually going to be allowwed so there goes alot of the prison population there so why are they happy. Trump is going to allow states to decide on MJ.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Where was the outrage when Obama was in office and why are people blaming Trump for something he has nothing to do with?

You were saying?
This has been a major problem among many Americans for a long time including within Obama's Term
The Private Prison Profiteers need to be shutdown and the supporters shipped to North Korean Concentration Camps

I can bring up many threads on ATS to that effect and hundreds outside of it Obama's time frame
The Private for Profit Prison Industry is a disease in this country and the supporters need to be booted out of this country.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Private Prison Lobbyists Are Raising Cash for Hillary Clinton

For Profit Prisons -- Are You Insane?!

Business Boom For Private Prisons

The Private Prison Racket Evolves

The Prison System Is Becoming Big Business in America - The American Gulags

How to fix the Prison Industrial Complex.

Land of the not so free

I can post about a thousand different threads from across the INTERNET if you like?
People have had enough of the Gestapo in this country

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

I can post about a thousand different threads from across the INTERNET if you like? People have had enough of the Gestapo in this country

Do you think Trump is going to shut this s**t down? Remember how great it is having a businessman in the white house?

You get what you pay for, takes on a whole new meaning eh? Didn't you people ever read Kurt Vonnegut...It's not like we weren't warned.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I can post about a thousand different threads from across the INTERNET if you like? People have had enough of the Gestapo in this country

Do you think Trump is going to shut this s**t down? Remember how great it is having a businessman in the white house?

Hillary would have been no better, but Trump is as shrewd as they come and did not make his millions from honesty.
Just as he has admitted.
If Trump's history and moral character is any indicator to get what he wants, he will make the former corrupt politicians blush in comparison to get get what he wants.

Trump says, you play the game as a business man, you rape and pillage to make it so,
no matter the harm done to your country man, that is how he did it.
Trump now will be saying, as a president, you rape and pillage other countries and your fellow man to get what you want,
let no one stand in your way.

Trump did not care who he stepped on as a business man and it will be no different as president.

I am not much of a bible believer, but Trump shows all the character of what the bible told us to beware of

Unlike the former politicians that were corrupt and tried to keep it hidden, Trump lays it all out and admits it and takes pride in it.

Greed
Arrogance
Pride
Haughty
and so on

Trump will shut nothing down that helps him and his elite buddies that helped him get where he is

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Trump will shut nothing down that helps him and his elite buddies that helped him get where he is

That's right and Private contractors from milk testing to cops is The future until Trump leaves. And believe me corruption, nepotism, bribes and all things connected to money and business will flourish under Trump. This is America.

Our little city lock up is owned by the county but run by KBR, food service is brought in, the kitchen is now all bunks, the janitorial service is another private co. I was a sub for a contractor training the guards. All the people that work in the jail...min. wage...great jobs.

Time to invest amigo...the opportunities even for the small fry is bigly yugge....no unions, no oversight, money is KING!!

Sad thing is...It's your money in the form of taxes. every beer you drink is gonna get taxed all to hell; ready for 6.00 gas? Yep, you get what you pay for and you are goddamn sure gonna pay. Didn't see this comin did ya?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I can see him following in the foot steps of Turkey's president regarding journalists or anyone who makes fun of him on social media.

Trumpa's latest tweet today

Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!

Trump's Tweets

Paid protestors, media is to blame, not fair. What's next? Lock 'em up!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I might suggest if you want to profit during the Trump administration to get a subscription to the WSJ or check out their web pages on a regular basis. Learn how to trade the nomenclature and get a very fast laptop. Seconds matter.

I can't support Trump politically but that's no reason to close ourselves off to investment opportunities right.

Tip of the day for you savy investors....pottery!!!!!!!

I'll try and update on a regular basis. Tips like these from a investment periodical is worth bigly money.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I wonder if part of the reason is because they know they will building a 1% er 4 star prison

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Nothing says American-style capitalism more than making money on the backs of inmates!

edit on 11-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The prison industrial complex needs to be gutted. Keep real criminals in. Stop locking people up for prohibition. It turns decent folks into real criminals.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Wow, thought these were supposed to end:

Justice Department says it will end use of private prisons

The Justice Department plans to end its use of private prisons after officials concluded the facilities are both less safe and less effective at providing correctional services than those run by the government.

Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates announced the decision on Thursday in a memo that instructs officials to either decline to renew the contracts for private prison operators when they expire or “substantially reduce” the contracts’ scope. The goal, Yates wrote, is “reducing — and ultimately ending — our use of privately operated prisons.”

source
Oh,

Looks like he's going to make a killing from states who won't budge on decriminalizing or legalizing marijuana. How about states heavy on gun control, locking people up for mistakes in abiding by those laws.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Wait, you're blaming progressives rather than Hillary and the DNC?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It's hardly all of the sudden. In fact it's been an issue for years with progress just being made towards getting rid of them. I guess that's as far as it will go for now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join