It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trumps first promise broken... he will not be prosecuting Hillary clinton...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Source that this was a campaign promise?

Did he VOW to do so or did he say he was "thinking" about doing it to make a point during one debate?

Big difference.

I think either you are too lazy to check or to proud to admit you are wrong.

Either way, you are perpetuating a lie and as such are not someone whose opinion matters

edit on 11 10 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I personally think that the republicans just elected a candidate far more liberal than the democratic candidate..

Contrary to common propagandaa..both the clintons and Obama were all corporate hacks.

So I think it will be interesting to see if as Trump implements all the liberal policies he has been selling. If the GOP base continues backing him, AND if the dems block all the policies they used to support from OBAMA??

The first promise boken however is that Trump WILL NOT be forming a speacial prosecutor for Hillary..

I think his concession speech said that loud and clear.

Well I just watched gulliani and he said if Obama does pardon her nothing can be done, otherwise it is likely.

Pretty sure Obama will pardon her, and probably himself as I have a feeling the wiener laptop would implicate him as well.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Doesn't she still have 4 investigations ongoing?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Doesn't matter - if it happened in the past all would be pardoned according to Giuliani, only crimes committed in the future would be prosecutable.

I didn't realize this is how it worked, and it seems stupid because if proof came out a pardoned individual was a serial killer later I guess they would still be untouchable if he's right.

Seems like this needs to be changed if this is how it works.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

He said if he was President, she would be in jail.

He was not President during her crimes. He broke no promise. The implied promise was that, unlike Obama, he would not stand for such corruption in his administration. I fully expect him to keep that promise.

I actually agree with his decision to not reopen the email investigation. The country needs to heal. That may or may not include the ongoing investigations. But I hope he continues to place a concern for the well-being of the country ahead of the same old spiteful politics we are far too used to.

I suggest no one take this show of compassion for weakness. From what I know about President-elect Trump, that would be a mistake.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

Doesn't matter - if it happened in the past all would be pardoned according to Giuliani, only crimes committed in the future would be prosecutable.

I didn't realize this is how it worked, and it seems stupid because if proof came out a pardoned individual was a serial killer later I guess they would still be untouchable if he's right.

Seems like this needs to be changed if this is how it works.

I'm not sure about that either.

Wouldn't he have to list the crimes he pardoned?

He just can't say she's untouchable for past crimes, can he?

That would suck.

We'd have to read the Nixon pardon and some other presidential ones, if there are any.

ETA; Past UNKNOWN crimes, I meant to say.
edit on 11 10 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
Kansas City Shuffle.

Ya'll just got played.

Yes, they did.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

A pardon can be either specific or blanket.

As I understood things, Trump was going to let past investigations slide, not pardon anyone. I had not heard Guilliani's statement, but not pursuing an indictment is not an official pardon.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

He said that if elected president he would instruct for a special prosecutor just for Hillary, that people had their life ruined for doing a fifth of what she did

www.politico.com...

I saw live the second debate and it sounded like a electoral promise to me
edit on 10-11-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I missed part of that debate, so I can't dispute you. Either way, I see wisdom in his decision.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

He said that if elected president he would instruct for a special prosecutor just for Hillary, that people had their life ruined for doing a fith of what she did

www.politico.com...

I saw live the second debate and it sounded like a electoral promise to me

You beat me do it. I was just about to post the link.

Yes, it was a campaign promise.

However, what he didn't understand apparently is that as President, he wouldn't have the legal authority to instruct his Attorney General to do anything.

So, he would need to APPOINT an attorney general who already shared his views that she needed to have a special prosecutor appointed to look into her "situation."

I hope people understand that he was grandstanding.

I also hope he doesn't follow through, as it would not be helpful to him or his presidency to get bogged down in that quagmire.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I think Hillary made a back-room deal: Let Trump win, and she gets to skip jail.

She didn't commit a crime..all kind of loop holes have been added to the laws by previous politicians generations ago..

They don't have to break the law to cheat.

Pay for play and insider trading are legal for elected officials.

You have totally destroyed what tiny amount of credibility you may have had with this post.

You are what is wrong with this country.
edit on R582016-11-10T21:58:28-06:00k5811Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It seems to say that there has to be specifics to the pardons.

One of the more famous recent pardons was granted by President Gerald Ford to former President Richard Nixon on September 8, 1974, forofficial misconduct which gave rise to the Watergate scandal.

en.wikipedia.org...

and then,

On this day in 1974, President Gerald Ford, who assumed office on the heels of President Richard M. Nixon’s resignation, pardons his predecessor for his involvement in the Watergate scandal.

Congress had accused Nixon of obstruction of justice during the investigation of the Watergate scandal, which began in 1972. White House tape recordings revealed that Nixon knew about and possibly authorized the illegal break-in and wiretapping of the Democratic National Committee offices, located in the Watergate Hotel in Washington D.C. Rather than face impeachment and removal from office, Nixon chose to resign on August 8, 1974.

There were no historical or legal precedents to guide Ford in the matter of Nixon’s pending indictment.

In the end, he decided to give Nixon a full pardon for all offenses against the United States in order to put the tragic and disruptive scandal behind all concerned.

Ford justified this decision by claiming that a long, drawn-out trial would only have further polarized the public. Ford’s decision to pardon Nixon was condemned by many and is thought to have contributed to Ford’s failure to win the 1976 election.

www.history.com...

also

On September 8, 1974, president of the United States Gerald Ford issued Proclamation 4311, which gave Richard Nixon a full and unconditional pardon for any crimes he might have committed against the United States while president.[1][2][3]

en.wikipedia.org...

It still looks like obama would have to list crimes against the USA and criminal fraud charges involving the CF to cover her.

If Obama does the pardon, he will not be remembered fondly.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Actually telling you the truth I will love to see Hillary impeached but now that Trump won the elections is actually counterproductive for his presidential term.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Obama will pardon Hillary for any crimes while acting as SS, which leave a lot of grey areas and other people being prosecuted.

Clinton Foundation assets will be seized as part of the deal.

I do believe she will be prosecuted if the evidence and severity of the crimes merit that.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: burgerbuddy

A pardon can be either specific or blanket.

As I understood things, Trump was going to let past investigations slide, not pardon anyone. I had not heard Guilliani's statement, but not pursuing an indictment is not an official pardon.

TheRedneck

He was referring to Obama pardoning her with a blanket pardon, not Trump.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
"Trumps first promise broken" How can he make good on any campaign promises??? He's not in office yet he has no authority to do anything about campaign promises.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I think Hillary made a back-room deal: Let Trump win, and she gets to skip jail.

She didn't commit a crime..all kind of loop holes have been added to the laws by previous politicians generations ago..

They don't have to break the law to cheat.

Pay for play and insider trading are legal for elected officials.

How about tax evasion? CF was in 2012 registered as a 503(c)(1) incl excemption...

However in Cheryl Mills email and attachment "paradigm structure" she clearly states that CF is to support Bill "privately (family, friends, household and financial)".

And then we have Doug Band yapping off how Podesta how he wants Chelsea to stop using the foundation as a piggy bank.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

There are 4 investigations being conducted within Hillary's circle. Quite amazing considering that she and her circle are Democrats, under a Democratic administration. When Donald Trump assumes the helm, both Hillary and Bill will be inundated by investigations...with actual indictments coming sooner, rather than later.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

He said if he was President, she would be in jail.

no he didn't,

what he said was if elected he would have his attorney general appointed a special prosecutor to investagate,
she then during her turn responded to what he said and tried to make a joke about about it. that's when he shut her down during her joke with no you would be in jail.

i told plenty of people this, there is video of the debate watch it and you will see.

edit on 10-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join