It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can all take heart from these Hillary supporters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I think Elizabeth Warren's heart is basically in the right place... I seriously doubt she is at all happy at how this election season played out and the shellacking she's taking right along with the Clinton cabal. But I also believe that she is a product of the establishment so garbage-in-garbage-out. If Trump is the negotiator and deal-maker he is reputed to be, then I don't think this will be a problem. If he can't successfully negotiate with her, then I'm going to wonder if he's a lying liar about his business acumen or a lying liar about something much worse...

Yeah, but that's the thing. When you start talking about ideologies that are getting close to 180 degrees apart, you can very easily have two people who have what they think are the best interests of the country and both will think the other is completely unreasonable with positions and beliefs that are untenable.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I get that.... but that's supposedly the beauty of Trump's negotiating tactics. I saw him on an interview or something once saying that the folks he works with and negotiate with don't know what they want until he tells them, and he gives it to them, and he makes sure everyone walks away happy. I don't believe Trump is going to govern with any sort of political ideology, but from simple pragmatism. What works. I'm willing to give him a chance to do just that.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
"We can all take heart from these Hillary supporters"

Do you mean like this?

(E>T>A)

(I joke,it's a joke, I wouldn't wanna be responsible for any special snowflakes getting triggered)
edit on 10-11-2016 by Black_Fox because: Edit to add

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Oh no. No no no. Just no.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Nothing like seeing a positive thread trashed by sophomoric responses.

This country needs healing. We ARE stronger together...and can make America Great Again. Those are not mutually exclusive concepts.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Nothing like seeing a positive thread trashed by sophomoric responses.

This country needs healing. We ARE stronger together...and can make America Great Again. Those are not mutually exclusive concepts.

I'm fully aware of my light hearted(pun) comment.
I joke, its how I choose to deal with things.

And we are stronger together, but all these people protesting last night, tonight, never got that memo, nor the media, nor a lot of the internet.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

A lot of those people bought to propaganda that was supposed to scare the rest of us away from voting for Trump. Tell the Big Lie often enough and people will believe it.

No matter, now they serve another purpose.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Fair enough. But now is not the time to joke when the country seems to be falling apart at the seams.

The media is not our friend...the establishment is not our friend...the globalists are not our friend....and the seeds of division and manipulation they have so thoroughly sowed pose in my view the greatest threat to our Republic in my lifetime.

It doesn't surprise me there are protests in the streets screaming 'Not my President'. Those people are the victims of the grandest conspiracy of them all.

Only we...the people...have the power to stop this dead in its tracks.

We need to demand healing... We need to demand civility... We need to listen to one another... We need to focus on what binds us and not what divides us...

If we don't....then we are all responsible for what will follow.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Well said.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

'They only think I fee that was unfair for the Hillary supporters was that they were lied too, deceived by the media and national polls they truly believe that Hillary was to become the next president

But even when is claims that she won the popular vote, the reality is that Republicans won both houses because they got majority of states.

That is what many keep ignoring.

edit on 10-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I was talking to my husband about that, it seems that it actually back fired, the more the media and polls showed that Hillary was to be the next president the more people came out of the woods to vote.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Not a fan of bullies. Not about to sing kumbayah with a bunch of Biff Tannens. I know as liberals they expect us to be the gracious better people but let's not forget who the real dirtbags have been. They can all circle jerk for their new grand wizard... the steps for reconciliation need to come from the people who have been a beacon for hate.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The farther you go from that middle ground means it's that much harder to get back to it,
even when all indicators say you should.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

So very true. And so very well said.

Thank you for adding that to the thread.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

'They only think I fee that was unfair for the Hillary supporters was that they were lied too, deceived by the media and national polls they truly believe that Hillary was to become the next president

But even when is claims that she won the popular vote, the reality is that Republicans won both houses because they got majority of states.

That is what many keep ignoring.

I don't think most of these kids protesting are ignoring anything -- they'd have to know to begin with in order to ignore it! But you're right, too many do not understand the process and how it really works. And they will never know if someone who does know does not teach them.

Hence, one more reason why it's so important to respect and appreciate and embrace those who do set the good example and do walk the good walk.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Not a fan of bullies.

Pretty much no one is.

I know as liberals they expect us to be the gracious better people...

We don't do it because anyone expects it... except ourselves. I want to be a better person, and, when necessary, the better person because that's who I want to be. Because that's what our nation desperately needs: Better people, better ideas, better everything.

...but let's not forget who the real dirtbags have been.

Can we forget once we know? Of course not! But we can take the pearls back from the swine... and we can appreciate those who happen to be on the "wrong" side but are still doing their best -- like the folks in the OP.

...the steps for reconciliation need to come from the people who have been a beacon for hate.

But those steps for reconciliation are being taken... and it's up to the rest of us to respond accordingly.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join