It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Dems Lost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Dear Democrats, Read This If You Do Not Understand Why Trump Won

Trump Is What Happens When You Nominate A Cheater and Live In An Echo Chamber—Please Learn From This

By not listening to your fellow Americans, and accusing them of being “conspiracy theorists” and trusting the corporate media, you ignored reality. By only following other liberals on social media, and only reading liberal or corporate news, once again ignoring reality. When Hillary Clinton was caught rigging the primary against Bernie Sanders, and Democrats nominated her anyway they ignored reality.

IMO, this is a great piece that puts things into perspective quite succinctly. Unfortunately for our country, this was a big ol' crap sandwich no matter what side of the sandwich you took a bite from. For me personally, a vote for Clinton was a tacit and complicit vote that the corruption being perpetrated against the American people was A-OK!! I couldn't in good conscience vote down that path.

Trump is a great unknown in how he will govern and some of the things he's said and done are/were pretty hard to swallow. At this point, it is what it is. Time will tell what direction the country goes in now. In the meantime, we should ALL demand better candidates to represent us, the people. (Yeah, I know,. Pipe dream for sure...)

Oh, and get out the damn echo chamber!

edit on 11/10/16 by surfinguru because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: surfinguru

The simplest answer is that disagreement is not hate.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Whether you like Hillary or Donald the election would have turned out much differently if Hillary took Bernie Sanders as her running mate this is strictly business I do not a favor either one but if you wanted to have a difference in this election Hillary should have had Bernie and there was no way she would have lost but that's my opinion and I'm sure many of you have similar or different opinions. So What do you Think about this ???

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bobw927

I think her 'deplorable' comment really hurt her too.

She basically frenzied the people that were already angry at her elitism.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobw927
Whether you like Hillary or Donald the election would have turned out much differently if Hillary took Bernie Sanders as her running mate this is strictly business I do not a favor either one but if you wanted to have a difference in this election Hillary should have had Bernie and there was no way she would have lost but that's my opinion and I'm sure many of you have similar or different opinions. So What do you Think about this ???

I think that the DNC should not have attempted to "coronate" Hillary. We don't do that in the US and I think it hurt her quite a bit when it came out that she and the DNC cheated to make sure Bernie never had an honest chance to win the nomination. He had all the enthusiasm, but they buried him in her favor.

I would never have voted for Bernie, but I have enough of a sense of fair play and honor that even I felt bad for him.
edit on 10-11-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The Dems lost because the entire campaign was negative.

Then they called all of Trump's supporters names such as racist, sexist and deplorable.

The idea is to get people who may be considering Trump, to change their mind. You can't do that if you are calling them all names.

HRC lost this election rather than Donald won it.

The Bern as her number 2 would have been a gold mine for her but she had orders I feel. She lost it!

Remember, some people will vote red or blue because they always do. These idiot are in the bag anyway. Calling all the swing voters deplorable is just plain stupid.

P

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Wikileaks revealed the Kaine was pretty much fixed as VP for a very long time.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Speaking of her deplorables comment, the NYTimes is reporting that Hillary said she "really stepped in it" when she called Americans deplorables. Just heard it on CNN.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

and that is why I said,

The Bern as her number 2 would have been a gold mine for her but she had orders I feel.

P

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The truth of the matter is a lot of people never liked Clinton and saw it as her being shoved on the party. She lost against Obama she should have never tried to run again. I didn't vote for either of them and I know a lot of people that felt the same I know some people that were mad and wanted to burn it down. Trump sort of fulfilled that need.

I hope the Dems learn a lesson from this. It may be exactly what they need because they got way too cocky. All those protests that turned violent against Trump fans made a lot of people want to disassociate with that crowd. The party should have got in front of that issue and denounced publicly and often, but they didn't. IMO a lot of Trump supporters are deplorable and so were a lot of Clinton supporters. There is a lot hate still circulating from both sides right now. I only hope sanity will return soon.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I think it's a complicated answer but I'll try to sum it up by pointing to her actions on election night (or the wee hours of the following morning).

I think her decision to not make a speech right after the election says a lot about her.

There you have a large venue filled with her people. Filled with people that worked so hard for her during this seemingly endlessly long campaign. They hit the streets for her. The manned the phones for her. They sat behind computers for her. They ran photo-copies for her. They gave it everything they had and as the poll numbers came in, they understandably were crushed. Their hearts were broken.

The LEAST that these people deserved were to hear from the person that they had dedicated so much of their time, money and efforts to supporting. The fact that, for whatever reason, she decided to just send Podesta up there to basically tell them to go home says so much about her (in my opinion). It's that (essentially) disdain she has for people. She had gotten everything she could out of them, and left them high and dry.

You shouldn't treat people like that. Unfortunately, it is the perception of a lot of people that treating people like that is her M.O.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Sadly, they didn't disown those violent protests because they used the media to try to make hay out of them. They tried to blame it all on Trump and solely on him.

Now, you can dislike his mouth all you want and dislike what he says, but in all honesty, can you also admit that she was just as bad in calling a good chunk of Americans deplorables?

If it was truly the words said by candidates that create violence, then people had every right to create the same kinds of riots outside her protests that were made outside of Trump's. And yet, no one did, not up until the end when she finally started drawing in hecklers.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Trump won using classic German style propaganda techniques. He blamed "immigrants", "Muslims", "liberals", "democrats", "Hillary", "the media" for the people's problems. He got people spitting mad with his twisted statements and then people identified him as their father-leader in authority by sympathetic association. MAGA! MAGA! MAGA!

“Citizens! Do not believe that the Germany of misfortune and misery, the nation of corruption and usury, the land of Jewish corruption, can be saved by parties that claim to stand on a foundation of facts. Never!”

“Who is Adolf Hitler? The man from the people, for the people! The German front soldier who risked his life in 48 battles for Germany! What does Adolf Hitler want? Freedom and food for every decent working German! The gallows for profiteers, black marketeers and exploiters, regardless of religious faith or race! Why is Adolf Hitler not allowed to speak? Because he is ruthless in uncovering the rulers of the German economy, the international bank Jews and their lackeys, the Democrats, Marxists, Jesuits, and Free Masons! Because he wants to free the workers from the domination of big money! Working Germans! Demand the lifting of the illegal ban on his speaking!"

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I think it's a complicated answer but I'll try to sum it up by pointing to her actions on election night (or the wee hours of the following morning).

I think her decision to not make a speech right after the election says a lot about her.

There you have a large venue filled with her people. Filled with people that worked so hard for her during this seemingly endlessly long campaign. They hit the streets for her. The manned the phones for her. They sat behind computers for her. They ran photo-copies for her. They gave it everything they had and as the poll numbers came in, they understandably were crushed. Their hearts were broken.

The LEAST that these people deserved were to hear from the person that they had dedicated so much of their time, money and efforts to supporting. The fact that, for whatever reason, she decided to just send Podesta up there to basically tell them to go home says so much about her (in my opinion). It's that (essentially) disdain she has for people. She had gotten everything she could out of them, and left them high and dry.

You shouldn't treat people like that. Unfortunately, it is the perception of a lot of people that treating people like that is her M.O.

Her people were heartbroken that night. Tears were flowing, and if she had just come out there like a real human being, stood there for one minute and thanked them all for being with her, it would have meant the world to those people.

Maybe she was drunk by then or pilled up and couldn't, because I just can't imagine anybody being so cold! And sending out Podesta? Really?! I mean, REALLY?

edit on 11-11-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I really thought this was going too be the year the anarchists finally organize. Oh well.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Trump won using classic German style propaganda techniques. He blamed "immigrants", "Muslims", "liberals", "democrats", "Hillary", "the media" for the people's problems. He got people spitting mad with his twisted statements and then people identified him as their father-leader in authority by sympathetic association. MAGA! MAGA! MAGA!

“Citizens! Do not believe that the Germany of misfortune and misery, the nation of corruption and usury, the land of Jewish corruption, can be saved by parties that claim to stand on a foundation of facts. Never!”

“Who is Adolf Hitler? The man from the people, for the people! The German front soldier who risked his life in 48 battles for Germany! What does Adolf Hitler want? Freedom and food for every decent working German! The gallows for profiteers, black marketeers and exploiters, regardless of religious faith or race! Why is Adolf Hitler not allowed to speak? Because he is ruthless in uncovering the rulers of the German economy, the international bank Jews and their lackeys, the Democrats, Marxists, Jesuits, and Free Masons! Because he wants to free the workers from the domination of big money! Working Germans! Demand the lifting of the illegal ban on his speaking!"

the way it looks to me is it wasn't that Hillary lost. It looks like Trump won by playing you low-brows like a fiddle. He played you. Trump is a confidence man. He's a deal maker. He played all of you.

Trump won by using classic German style propaganda techniques. He blamed the "immigrants", the "Muslims", the "liberals", the "democrats", "Hillary", "the media" as the cause of all YOUR problems. He got you all spitting mad with his twisted half-truth statements. And then you gravitated to him as your father-leader in authority by sympathetic association.

MAGA! MAGA! MAGA! The Pied Piper dances in the Whitehouse!

His anger is your anger. His anger is your father's anger. And you love him like he is your father.

MAGA Heil! Welcome to the New Order. The Fouth Reich.

edit on 11-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Speaking of Wiki-leaks, I don't think the Media that Democrats read/watch, pointed out much of the truths that were revealed via Wiki-leaks.

Democrats always seemed surprised when I mentioned something that was in the Podesta e-mails, or even divulged by the FBI. Actually, they didn't believe me...and didn't bother to look it up. Classic Ostrich "head in the sand" reactions.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Hillary lost primarily because the left has spent the last eight years constantly and completely disregarding the concerns and rights of half the country and ridiculing anyone who dared to disagree with them, the culmination of which came with Hillary's politically disastrous comment on the 'deplorables.'

My hope is that, once all of this settles down, the left take a moment to understand that how they feel now is how conservatives have felt the last eight years. I have my doubts, but perhaps it will teach some of them a good dose of humility and understanding.

new topics

top topics

join