It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC Deny Viewer Complaints about Saving Private Ryan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Three commissioners of the FCC voted to deny viewer complaints about the airing of the movie Saving Private Ryan on Veteran's Day. The final decision will be made once the last commissioners vote.

news.com.com
A majority of U.S. communications regulators have voted to deny viewer complaints that ABC television stations violated indecency rules when they aired the movie "Saving Private Ryan" last November, an FCC official said Monday.

Three of the five commissioners on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission have voted to deny complaints against 159 ABC affiliates that aired the award-winning film, said the official, who asked not to be named because the vote was not completed.

The movie, which includes profanity and violence, told the story about the Allied invasion of Normandy during World War II and ran on Veteran's Day. Sixty-six ABC affiliates refused to show the movie for fear of attracting an indecency fine.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is what bugs me about the FCC. They are all for "decency" on the air yet they let a movie that was aired unedited I believe that contained graphic violence and profanity. While I enjoyed the movie and I am not botherd by sex, violence and/or profanity on TV I am angerd by the FCC's hypocrisy. They get all worked over Janet Jackson which was what like 4 or 8 seconds of showing something natural on tv?

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Spectre]

join