It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

We are all DOOOMED..It's the end of the world.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I was not here for the last presidential election...

So for the folks that have lurked a long time, or those that have posted a long time, is all the wailing and gnashing of teeth normal on ATS?

Admittedly it seems like it is happening all over, but I honestly thought ATS would be able to behave like adults.

I voted third party because I felt both candidates were horrible choices, so I voted for someone I could believe in, and sleep well after casting my vote.

But good lord people, we have had bad presidents before, we have had horrible presidents, we have had sickly presidents, and we have had corrupt as Heck presidents... the country is still here...

Yes the republicans have a thin majority in the house and senate... what does that mean, they have to get some democrats to work with them, which if you believe in the Democrat side of the house, relax... you guys still have a lot of control.

Instead of crying into you chosen bottle of poison, go run for office...or find someone you believe in and help them get in office, work to change the system for the better...

Cause all this whining and crying has got me thinking more like...

So seriously suck it up folks and figure out how to make do for the next 4 years, cause if the wall street journal is correct we the people are about to take it in the keester without any lube. ( i saw it on the day after the election and now I cannot find it) Interest rates are expected to climb within the first quarter of him being sworn in.

edit on 10-11-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2016 by Irishhaf because: Forgot to finish the thought.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think there are reasons for some people to be concerned about what may come out of this presidency and congress, but it is not the end of the world.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I get that, honestly I do... be concerned, stay engaged... make connections that can help... be productive...

Its all the normally sane intelligent people that are running around screaming that all the people that voted for trump must be racists..Its not helpful, its not productive... and could make things worse down the road, that have me truly scratching my head.
edit on 10-11-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Interest rates need to rise. The Fed policy of the past 8 years has and still is draining old folks retirement income and financial security. Between the fed low interest policy and crooks of wall street, retirees have been pillaged.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Interesting (btw--voted third party as well) most of what I'm seeing on here is gloating for Donald threads. Or am I missing some stuff? Granted I did write a thread this morning about TPTB fomenting civil war (a bit much, I get it) but haven't seen much else.. have you?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I get that, honestly I do... be concerned, stay engaged... make connections that can help... be productive...

Its all the normally sane intelligent people that are running around screaming that all the people that voted for trump must be racists..Its not helpful, its not productive... and could make things worse down the road, that have me truly scratching my head.

Well, I think it's important to recognize why and how someone was able to get elected. Trump ran a campaign similar to that of George Wallace and used questionable rhetoric, so it stands to reason that race may have played a factor in him being elected.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

They do... they should have gone up a quite a bit sooner than this, but its going to lead to an absolute @#$% storm for a lot of people out there.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Most of it is inside of various threads where people you a single brush stroke to paint 50+ million people as racist because of... reasons...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Your right, we should make ATS great again 😈 sorry couldn't resist. All the trump threads every 5 minutes I wish the mods would put a stop to it. It almost makes the forum un usable unless you wanted to read the same bs posted every 5 minutes.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I've seen a lot of back and forth.. both sides still throwing insults (hence my thread this morning). I thought it would be over by now. Sigh.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I get that, and most of the people I know that voted trump did so, not because they thought he was the best thing since sliced bread but because they were absolutely terrified about the policies Hillary wanted to push... and they were terrified of her putting up to 3 hard left supreme court justices on the bench.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I get that, and most of the people I know that voted trump did so, not because they thought he was the best thing since sliced bread but because they were absolutely terrified about the policies Hillary wanted to push... and they were terrified of her putting up to 3 hard left supreme court justices on the bench.

Fair enough. But I don't find it reasonable to knee-jerk to the other extreme.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Well, I think it's important to recognize why and how someone was able to get elected. Trump ran a campaign similar to that of George Wallace and used questionable rhetoric, so it stands to reason that race may have played a factor in him being elected.

The DNC doesn't know anything about this thing called accountability. I hope they learned this time to not rig the primaries. Why belong to a party when your primary vote doesn't matter? It's not like Hillary wasn't a deeply flawed candidate. They were both unpopular, one was going to win.

I also think arrogance within Hillarys inner circle didn't help.

edit on 10-11-2016 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I was hoping for a faster return to more normal fare myself, hopefully this doesnt stretch on for to long..

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Everyone should calm down and not be so terrified.

It's not the end of the world, fellow Americans

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

The DNC doesn't know anything about this thing called accountability. I hope they learned this time to not rig the primaries. Why belong to a party when your primary vote doesn't matter? It's not laile Hillary wasn't a deeply flawed candidate. They were both unpopular, one was going to win.

That has nothing to do with what I posted.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

The DNC doesn't know anything about this thing called accountability. I hope they learned this time to not rig the primaries. Why belong to a party when your primary vote doesn't matter? It's not laile Hillary wasn't a deeply flawed candidate. They were both unpopular, one was going to win.

That has nothing to do with what I posted.

It helps to understand how a candidate lost an election as well. I don't think race contributed as much.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Right now that remains to be seen but the burden and theft of old folks financial security the last 8 years is proven fact.
Don't trust anything you read on MarketWatch. Their contributors are full of sheep dip. The theory you posit remains to be seen.

Edit: The market set record highs today.

edit on 2016-11-10T18:23:17-06:0006pmThu, 10 Nov 2016 18:23:17 -0600ThursdayAmerica/Chicago1730 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I hope it doesnt, I hope he has time to set things up to minimize the impact, cause when the pacifier is pulled from the stock market it could get ugly.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Your right, we should make ATS great again 😈 sorry couldn't resist. All the trump threads every 5 minutes I wish the mods would put a stop to it. It almost makes the forum un usable unless you wanted to read the same bs posted every 5 minutes.

get use to it, because it's only going to get nastier here, that's how the right-wing rolls

top topics

<<   2 >>

join