It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's First Citizen President...Donald Trump!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This article is over at NewsMAX.com and here is a short segment.

Even before Donald Trump takes the oath of office on January 20th of next year, he has already made the history books. In the 240 years of our Republic, not one person has ever been elected to the presidency without having served in public office or as a general of the Army. On Election Day the American people picked one of the best-known businessmen in the nation to become its 45th president.

Nothing so far has stated my feelings as much as the title of this thread. I'm anti-liberal...no doubt. But look at my avatar. Every President before this one has been part of the machine in one manner or another. This man is one of us, a US citizen and nothing more. We the people now hold the office of President...and maybe that is why I hope we will be finally better represented.

Think about that for a second. A citizen as President for the first time ever.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

As long as he is the real deal and not a plant?

I agree with you as do many!

The system is rigged and has been rigged since the death of JFK, so all we can do is hope......

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
My cable gives me CNN, and I wa startled just now to hear of a monstrous crime that he's committed.
The reporter complained that Trump had left Washington without telling any reporters that he was going, so that he couldn't be followed by a pool of reporters, according to standard practice.
The anchorman commented "That's unacceptable. He's going to have to fix that."
He's kidding, right? Do the American media really claim the authority to impose these diktats on the President of their country?

edit on 10-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yes...yes they do. They think they are somehow important. They are not for they are not news. They are opinion wearing the wolf's clothing of news. The media is so much of America's problem. Thankfully...Trump will be theirs.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Ok, thunk of. Lots of people are citizens, in fact the vast majority are just regular old citizens, that doesn't make them a good president though. Donald Trump isn't exactly a normal citizen though, he has many more privileges and perks compared to your average citizen and had many more friends in powerful places.

He is not the same as a normal citizen and even if he were that speaks nothing if how good of a president he is. People who rob others and kill them are citizens so what's so special about Trump being one?

Not trying to argue or bicker just trying to find the logic behind this argument.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

Ok, thunk of. Lots of people are citizens, in fact the vast majority are just regular old citizens, that doesn't make them a good president though. Donald Trump isn't exactly a normal citizen though, he has many more privileges and perks compared to your average citizen and had many more friends in powerful places.

He is not the same as a normal citizen and even if he were that speaks nothing if how good of a president he is. People who rob others and kill them are citizens so what's so special about Trump being one?

Not trying to argue or bicker just trying to find the logic behind this argument.

No...maybe not "normal". But one of us just the same instead of a career politician. That has value in my opinion. That is a step in the right direction.

Would you prefer more of the same that got us where we are?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Missed your last line. Let me simplify. Our government sucks and doesn't give a crap about the people. This is a step in the right direction.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Trump is one of the people who paid politicians to gain favors from them, he 'was' (and still is in my opinion) half the problem with the corruption in politics. He has meddled in politics before, just behind the curtains.

He is playing the victim while being part of the establishment, the media knew people were waking up to their manipulation so they painted Trump as an 'enemy' of the establishment to make him so popular among those who were sick of career politicians.

Trump is just another puppet playing their game in my opinion. Those in power know human psychology and know how to manipulate us, they have been using reverse psychology with Trump. They are always one step ahead of the masses.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Wasn't Reagan an actor before becoming president?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

He was, in between he was gov. of California, and rather powerful in GOP politics, both in California and nationally.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

Jimmy Stewart.

Good movie. Controversial for it's time for taking on corruption and manipulation.

edit on 11 10 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11 10 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Thanks for the info, I was thinking he was a gov or something but didn't know the extent before taking office.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I said he's an ideal candidate for America in this era.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

Trump is one of the people who paid politicians to gain favors from them, he 'was' (and still is in my opinion) half the problem with the corruption in politics. He has meddled in politics before, just behind the curtains.

He is playing the victim while being part of the establishment, the media knew people were waking up to their manipulation so they painted Trump as an 'enemy' of the establishment to make him so popular among those who were sick of career politicians.

Trump is just another puppet playing their game in my opinion. Those in power know human psychology and know how to manipulate us, they have been using reverse psychology with Trump. They are always one step ahead of the masses.

It isn't that I don't understand your position...I just don't agree. Yes...of course...Trump used what he has (money) to gain favors from the government. Now follow me here. A poor person who wants a free phone uses what they have (votes) to gain favors from the government. You use whatever you have (fill in the blank) to gain favors from the government.

The problem is this...the government accepts these things in exchange for favors...and announces it to everyone. The GOVERNMENT is corrupt. The individual is doing what they think they must to survive within their own economic group. Money...votes...no difference.

new topics

top topics

join