It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boss tells pro-Trump employees to resign

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

OP is Wrong. Entirely wrong. No, the boss said anyone who disagrees with the policies of Donald Trump to resign. There is a difference. There were millions of people voting who supported Clintons "policies" (if you can call them that) but did not support Clinton and instead supported Trump.

So, the boss was saying:
1. If you support nationalism, you are not welcome here.
2. If you against immigration, you are not welcome here.
3. If you are for "hateful policies" (which is wide open to any interpretation except leftist policies), you are not welcome here.

Most Americans are nationalist and that includes at last as many Democrats as Republicans, so he is asking most of his employees to leave. American exceptionalism is a theme of the Republicans while mandatory national service (mostly through a national welfare tax) is a theme of Democrats.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SPHARAOH

It is harassment and workplace intimidation in a hostile work environment. I even cited some stuff here

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

No. They would never win in court with his email bulletin! Not in this case.

Requiring your employees to keep their religious or political views, or views about vaccinations, your mother in law or who should be dog catcher, to your self while at work is good business sense, not harassment.

Ask Disney Land if their employees can talk politics with visitors waiting in line. Ask McDonalds the same question.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I fully support his right to do what he did, but don't EVER EXPECT I'll be a consumer of his services.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

There is a difference between asking employees not to openly discuss controversial topics and outright intimidating them.

If I were his employee, I would be looking for different employment. Not because I necessarily had to but because I would not want to work with a boss who held this kind of attitude. It would make me very uncomfortable. That is the definition of hostile workplace.
edit on 12-11-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That is not really the way the email was worded though was it? In any case, his company stocks will continue to slide, and others will continue to boycott.

The damage is done. He opened his political views with this workplace intimidation email. This industry his company serves is currently in a highly competitive developing industry with much opportunity for growth. He has hurt his growth potential, and will now lose business. Thats how rational people handle our frustrations, with our wallets.

I hope the paid drones of the hive mind continue to riot though, should make it easier to put a boot to the face soon enough

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is a difference between asking employees not to openly discuss controversial topics and outright intimidating them.

Get thicker skin. Employers intimidate their employees everyday with "Or else you're fired!" ultimatums! Donald "You're Fired! Trump himself wouldn't tolerate that behavior at one of resorts!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

That is not really the way the email was worded though was it?

Well, here it is.

SUBJECT: So... that happened... what's next?

I'm still trying to reconcile my own worldview with the overwhelming message that was delivered last night. Clearly there are a lot of people angry and scared as the antithesis of every modern presidential candidate won and will be our next president.

While demeaning, insulting and ridiculing minorities, immigrants and the physically/mentally disabled worked for Mr. Trump, I want to be clear that this behavior - and these views, have no place at Grubhub. Had he worked here, many of his comments would have resulted in his immediate termination.

We have worked for years cultivating a culture of support and inclusiveness. I firmly believe that we must bring together different perspectives to continue innovating - including all genders, races, ethnicities and sexual, cultural or ideological preferences. We are better, faster and stronger together.

Further I absolutely reject the nationalist, anti-immigrant and hateful politics of Donald Trump and will work to shield our community from this movement as best as I can. As we all try to understand what this vote means to us, I want to affirm to anyone on our team that is scared or feels personally exposed, that I and everyone else here at Grubhub will fight for your dignity and your right to make a better life for yourself and your family here in the United States.

If you do not agree with this statement then please reply to this email with your resignation because you have no place here. We do not tolerate hateful attitudes on our team.I want to repeat what Hillary said this morning, that the new administration deserves our open minds and a chance to lead, but never stop believing that the fight for what's right is worth it.

Stay strong,
Matt
media.grubhub.com...

I don't see anything intimidating or threatening in this memo. I see a business owner clarifying what kind of work atnosphere he expects, according his own personally held beliefs. I.E. If an employee feels that they must threaten, expose or intimidate one of his employees or customers, there's the door.

What words are you reading that I'm not seeing?

edit on 12-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
I want to affirm to anyone on our team that is scared or feels personally exposed, that I and everyone else here at Grubhub will fight for your dignity and your right to make a better life for yourself and your family here in the United States.

This is the part everyone should be focusing on. If somebody has a problem with that statement, I'm pretty sure the Police should be watching them. Nothing in the message was ever said about people who voted for Trump.
edit on 12-11-2016 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Clicked your link and read it thanks. But i have a few questions.
Is this federal or an individual state law?

And here's what you posted. Just so that people don't get confused everything contained between. ( ) are my thoughts and not from worldstarcountry
"Harassment becomes unlawful where 1) enduring the offensive conduct becomes a condition of continued employment, (I'm paraphrasing. The CEO doesn't want people non-becoming of the standards of the company because he doesn't agree with Trump's values and if you believe in them you should quit. He mentions some of them which if used in said workplace would be considered harassment by other employees) 2) the conduct is severe or pervasive enough (I don't think it is.) to create a work environment that a reasonable person (Could he use some of the thousands of posts by some ATS members who voted or support Trump and have said naughty things on a sliding scale of 1 to 100 as being unreasonable people?) would consider intimidating, hostile, or abusive. (That seems overly vague). Anti-discrimination laws also prohibit harassment against individuals in retaliation for filing a discrimination charge, testifying, or participating in any way in an investigation, proceeding, or lawsuit under these laws; or opposing employment practices that they reasonably believe discriminate against individuals, in violation of these laws.
(Bear with me if you will that's why i finished off my original comment with let them get lawyers if need be and let a judge sort it out. Not an exact quote though) And was in reply to someone else's post which had nothing to do with workplace harassment. Just to let others know.

Offensive conduct may include, but is not limited to, offensive jokes, slurs, epithets or name calling, (Trump supporters Trump voters. Dunno?) physical assaults or threats, intimidation, (ridicule or mockery, insults or put-downs, Your beliefs are not mine/ours?) (offensive objects or pictures, Posters of "The Apprentice" Presidential portrait?) (and interference with work performance. Angry non Trump believers too busy hating you so your job should be terminated because you're distracring them?). Harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances, including, but not limited to, the following:
(Seems okay so far. Oops possibly spoke too soon. Intimidation? Threatening? I guess in some way it is. But on a pure technical basis wouldn't saying to an employee "If you slap a coworkers bottom i will punish you in every way the law allows me and will spare no expense in doing so." Kinda intimidating and threatening. But that's just me.)
The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, an agent of the employer, a co-worker, or a non-employee.
The victim does not have to be the person harassed, but can be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.
Unlawful harassment may occur without economic injury to, or discharge of, the victim. (Okay)

Prevention is the best tool to eliminate harassment in the workplace. Employers are encouraged to take appropriate steps to prevent and correct unlawful harassment. They should clearly communicate to employees that unwelcome harassing conduct will not be tolerated. (Wait a second he kinda did that?). They can do this by establishing an effective complaint or grievance process, providing anti-harassment training to their managers and employees, and taking immediate and appropriate action when an employee complains. (Done. Retraction and apology) Employers should strive to create an environment in which employees feel free to raise concerns and are confident that those concerns will be addressed. (Dunno about that one?)

Employees are encouraged to inform the harasser directly that the conduct is unwelcome and must stop. (Done). Employees should also report harassment to management at an early stage to prevent its escalation. (Who do you complain to when it's the CEO?)
(Does it still seem so simple to you? And that's just my interpretation.)
edit on 12-11-2016 by SPHARAOH because: Just wanting to mention everything said between ( ) are my comments

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You don't seem to understand that what he is really saying is that he considers anyone who voted for Trump is hateful, racist and homophobic.

And even when he tried to explain himself out of it later, he never even admitted this, because he obviously thinks it is true.

Which creates a hostile environment for Trump supporters, because it condones others considering them all as hostile.

This is a major problem with many on the left.
They have created this false illusion in their own brains through some kind of mass hysteria driven by the media.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This idiot will not last long enough to read any resignations.
Another victim of his own undoing by ranting biased content in public without thinking first.
Fatal for a CEO, and in this case, well done indeed.

In business, it is not necessarily what you say, it is how you say it. Consumers of that product will take it the way most here on ATS did, irregardless of what he said.
edit on 12-11-2016 by charlyv because: clarity

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

You don't seem to understand that what he is really saying is that he considers anyone who voted for Trump is hateful, racist and homophobic.

Words are important, and you won't find those words in his memo.

What you will find is the owner/employer warning his employees that Trump's hateful, racist and homophobic rhetoric won't be tolerated in his workplace, and in fact, if Donald Trump was his employee, he would have been fired for the kind of behavior he displayed during the campaign.

This business owner is denouncing Trump's appalling behavior, and telling his employees that it won't be tolerated in his workplace.

edit on 12-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

The boycotts are already beginning. They had a pretty rough drop in the stock price. All red blooded patriotic Americans must not forget the people that tried to destroy our republic.

I will be compiling a nice list of people and business that need to be boycotted. They will change their tune when half of the country takes their business elsewhere.

Hollywood is the first boycott. I will never spend another dime on anything related to Hollywood. Scumbags.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
United Pilot Bans Political Discussions on Board Flight After Passengers 'Scuffle'

It looks like curtailing political discussion is trending.

"On my friends@wirelessness flight from SFO to Mexico, some kinda scuffle broke out where an individual with a ‘plaid shirt and a camo cap’ said something racist (about being ‘glad to have kept his guns’) to an African American lady, and she began to cry and freak out,” Bauer explained in the caption. Bauer said crew members “separated the two of them" before the captain of the flight got on the intercom system to deliver a heartfelt plea to his passengers, discouraging further political discussion.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That's quite harsh.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Lol
What did i say would happen? Well it happened didnt it! Stock prices fell and republican shareholders sold off their shares lol smart move ceo smart move.

truthfeed.com...
edit on 17-11-2016 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
lol, it hilarious that trumps whole plan is to make his business more profitable.... oh not hilarious, whats that other word. sad. thats the one.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join