It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Boss tells pro-Trump employees to resign

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Wrong.
He can fire whoever he want's when he want's and why he want's to and keep it to himself that's legal.
Blasting a company memo declaring all who are politically affiliated against the owners likes need to resign or be fired is total discrimination, harassment, and defamation.

Funny how you only spout out these incredibly stupid statements that all coincide with Triggered snowflake attitudes. F-u-n-n-y.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Haul his pathetic ass in front of a judge and take him for everything he owns.

I don't think that political affiliation is a protected class. I think the employer is within his rights.

I don't know why he did what he did, but I suspect there was a lot of contentiousness among employees and perhaps his customers. It's his business and he sets the tone.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Floridagoat

By doing so he likely alienated many of his employees and certainly hurt his business, based on reviews of his business that are popping up all over.

I can tell you that I would never work for a company if the management was like that.
Most sensible people would not.
He clearly called all Trump supporters hateful and bigoted.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Or, he's a sore loser? That possibility exists as well.

The timing is somewhat suspect, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Just before Obama was elected President in 2008, my employer called a meeting and asked us all to NOT vote for Obama, that the restaurant could go out of business if we did. After the election I personally experienced customers get up and walk out in disgust when they found out that I was pleased Obama won the election. It wasn't just my problem either.

The owners called another meeting, and told all of us not to ever talk about or even mention President Obama on the premises, or lose our jobs.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: network dude

He has had ages and ages to give clear indications of how he intends to make unconstitutional muck, constitutional. At no point has he done that. So no, I am not prepared to give him more time on this, because he has had more than enough.

And by the way... I appreciate you saying I am better than this, and you are right. But apparently that means bugger all these days, because the world got forty percent less damned pleasant to live on, and if you think someone is getting paid out for that, well.... You are damned right.

I know a clusterbang in the offing when I see one, and the moron collective seems happy to just let it all explode. Till this mess gets sorted out one way or another, and even if it takes four years, I am going to have to raise the God damned middle finger, all the way up, so that everyone can see it, like a signal flare, because I am damned all to hell, if I will sit by quietly making points while the freakin apes and idiots climb over themselves to bow before the most dangerous person to ever take the presidency, regardless. Apparently balls out insanity works better so here it is.

I can remember in the past we had an actor as president. He did a movie where a chimp was the star. Then we had a "community organizer" who spent his youth smoking pot and taking about how bad white folk were. So given the past, unlike you, I am willing to see where this goes. (and I do have that luxury since we have 4 years of this and the election is over)

Relax, try to enjoy the ride, and remember, there will always be a large group of people watching Trumps every move, and when he sneezes, there will be a thread about how unpresidential he looked while doing it. Don't fall for thy hype, this will pass.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Somehow, that doesn't surprise me.

My last job, we were told much the same thing, no campaign buttons, try to limit conversation concerning the presidential race...

I can understand that, even agree to a point. But this guy takes it too far, IMHO. It's legal, but it ain't right.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Politics! It's always been volatile stuff. JFK ruined many a holiday meal while I was growing up!

edit on 11-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Nixon here. Dad liked him, Mom didn't (to the point of violence-almost). Dad's brother, to put it mildly, did not either.

It made for some interesting dynamics family wise... Come into the living room to dead silence...oops, someone mentioned Nixon, or worse, Agnew.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

My parents LOVED Nixon!

My grandparents knew Joe Kennedy when they were "rum runners" and had met JFK and campaigned for him. My Mom thought he was the devil incarnate, and a CATHOLIC!

My grandparents gave us all autographed framed photos of JFK, after his election, for Christmas. My Mom threw them all in the fireplace! LOL!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Trump needs to step up on this one and make a national announcement saying if your are fired because you are a Trump supporter, feel free to sue and the federal government will fully support you. He needs to scare those in control of peoples job, imagine going to work with MAGA hat and getting fired because you support the next president of the united states that would be a clear violation of an Americans rights.

That being said I just was reading on Reddit all the people closing their grubhub accounts, and the letters they sent condemning the CEO for his emotional lunacy.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Trump needs to step up on this one and make a national announcement saying if your are fired because you are a Trump supporter, feel free to sue and the federal government will fully support you.

But it's okay to be fired for being gay? Look, political affiliation isn't a protected status. Your employer can fire you if you can't keep your politics to yourself at work.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

How many people get fired daily for being LGBT?

Your tears sustain me.......

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: reldra

It may not be illegal in most states to be fired for who you voted for, but it should be.
If i was fired for this reason i would damn sure sue them for it.

Ahh...the poor snowflakes are triggered.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Trump needs to step up on this one and make a national announcement saying if your are fired because you are a Trump supporter, feel free to sue and the federal government will fully support you.

But it's okay to be fired for being gay? Look, political affiliation isn't a protected status. Your employer can fire you if you can't keep your politics to yourself at work.

Ok riddle me this then....A person has an office, he or she is a long term employee, they consider themselves an American and are highly independent, when Bush was in office they had a picture of him on their wall, they also right now have a picture of Obama on their wall, in Jan. 2017 after Trump is sworn in they will hang a picture of him.
3 month later this person gets a new boss, they waltz into their office one day and say take that picture down your offending your coworkers.

Who is in the right here?
edit on 11-11-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Party affiliation falls under Beliefs. Therefore, these employees would be fired for their beliefs , and that is absolutely a protected thing under Equal Employment laws.

Its all good. I won't ever use Grubhub again, so there is that. I suggest to everyone that uses it just stop. There are dozens of other food delivery services now. If you have Facebook or Twitter, get on their and let them know your are now boycotting the service, and would only even mildly contemplate using their service again when this CEO is forced out of the company. And then when he is forced to resign himself, still boycott them until they implode financially and are forced to declare bankruptcy and restructure.

If they survive that, then sure, we can order from them again.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Look, if your boss tells you you can't have a picture of the President, your wife and kids, your dog or a potted plant in your office, then you take it down.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Party affiliation falls under Beliefs. Therefore, these employees would be fired for their beliefs , and that is absolutely a protected thing under Equal Employment laws.

No. Religion is protected, not "beliefs".

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Either way it is easily considered harassment.

Harassment becomes unlawful where 1) enduring the offensive conduct becomes a condition of continued employment, or 2) the conduct is severe or pervasive enough to create a work environment that a reasonable person would consider intimidating, hostile, or abusive. Anti-discrimination laws also prohibit harassment against individuals in retaliation for filing a discrimination charge, testifying, or participating in any way in an investigation, proceeding, or lawsuit under these laws; or opposing employment practices that they reasonably believe discriminate against individuals, in violation of these laws.

Offensive conduct may include, but is not limited to, offensive jokes, slurs, epithets or name calling, physical assaults or threats, intimidation, ridicule or mockery, insults or put-downs, offensive objects or pictures, and interference with work performance. Harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances, including, but not limited to, the following:

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, an agent of the employer, a co-worker, or a non-employee.
The victim does not have to be the person harassed, but can be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.
Unlawful harassment may occur without economic injury to, or discharge of, the victim.

Prevention is the best tool to eliminate harassment in the workplace. Employers are encouraged to take appropriate steps to prevent and correct unlawful harassment. They should clearly communicate to employees that unwelcome harassing conduct will not be tolerated. They can do this by establishing an effective complaint or grievance process, providing anti-harassment training to their managers and employees, and taking immediate and appropriate action when an employee complains. Employers should strive to create an environment in which employees feel free to raise concerns and are confident that those concerns will be addressed.

Employees are encouraged to inform the harasser directly that the conduct is unwelcome and must stop. Employees should also report harassment to management at an early stage to prevent its escalation.

This guy will be done soon regardless, and share price is going to suffer.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

You bend the knee too easy....

That is all.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join