It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boss tells pro-Trump employees to resign

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You're right, those awful lefties...

A Cedar City, UT employer chose to lay-off two workers because they voted for the man responsible for implementing this country’s new healthcare laws, which he is clearly no fan of.

www.blackenterprise.com...

During a broadcast of The Dennis Miller Show, the conservative host talked to an alleged small business owner named Tony. Miller advised him to investigate his employees to see which ones are Obama supporters and then fire them no matter how good of a worker they are.

www.addictinginfo.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Also unacceptable, in my eyes.

This isn't a left-right issue, this just simply should not be allowed.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

This isn't a left-right issue,

According to the OP, and several posters - it is.
edit on 10-11-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: EchoesInTime

'Trump supporter' is not a protected class and depending on the state, Grub Hub can do that.

No, he cannot.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti

'Trump supporter' is not a protected class and depending on the state, Grub Hub can do that.

No, he cannot.

Source? In at-will states, employers can fire for any reason or no reason, unless the reason is discrimination against a protected class.
Most states are at-will employment.
edit on 10-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
when most of his most widely touted policies involved total violation of its contents.

Prove it or drop it.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Shouldn't that guy be on his way to Canada or somewhere?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

It's wrong for employers to fire workers for who they support no matter if it's Rep or Dem.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

If he owns Grub Hub he can live anywhere.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

It's wrong for employers to fire workers for who they support no matter if it's Rep or Dem.

Wrong, yes. Illegal, in most states, no.

(post by proximo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So if I have not harassed my co-workers, and I am good at my job on time every day... and he finds out I voted trump and fires, and or punishes me to try and make me quit is that not a hostile work environment?
edit on 10-11-2016 by Irishhaf because: I spell gud

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm not sure how bad this is.

Technically he just stated his misunderstanding of Trump and that if anyone supported his misunderstanding then they have no place at his company.

"If you are stupid enough to think the propoganda against Trump was actually positive then we don't want you working here"
That's what he's essentially saying and I can't disagree.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti

No, he cannot.

Source? In at-will states, employers can fire for any reason or no reason, unless the reason is a aaprotected class.
most states are at-will employment.

You are correct, but it is legally unadvisable...
www.employmentlawdaily.com...

Even though employers can limit political activity at the workplace, employers generally cannot treat employees differently based on their political affiliation. Although not every state has a specific law protecting political affiliation, political issues can often border other protected classes, such as gender and race. Employers should, therefore, avoid allowing political affiliation to play any part in employment decisions.

Almost every state bans discharge conducted in retaliation. A decent lawyer could absolutely slap this guy with a large and successful lawsuit on that provision.

link   

Oh no! I was just literally on Grub Hub ordering dinner. Frick...we might have to go get it ourselves.

I did not vote for Trump, but dammit, I have not voted for a *winner* since Bill Clinton, in 1996. I've managed to not hate everyone who did vote for the winner. And I can be pretty bitter about politics.

link   
This is one of those tricky laws, as discriminating against a political affiliation isn't really part of the anti-discrimination act. should it be? I don't know. maybe, but to be honest, its just really, really bad business to discriminate on that..or really any other outside personal choices.

I see politics and religion are almost the same thing, minus a invisible friend (except for the illuminati of course). and religion is covered..so might as well say the jews need to leave..not gonna go over well (and religion, like politics, is a ideological choice, not something you are born with and cant change or suppress)

link   

If they do, in fact, fire people for that and not negligence, they would be eligible for unemployment benefits, though, while they sought another job.

So if your employer said all Clinton supporters have to resign, you would be cool with that?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

If he owns Grub Hub he can live anywhere.

Check the resident status of his delivery people.

I bet he has a lot of illegals.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
chicago.cbslocal.com...

so, are you saying that he can't keep anti-immigration, anti-gay, hate filled political rhetoric out of his workplace??

or that you are offended because he brought trump's name into it...

when I said it was bad wording, that was what I meant...
he shouldn't have brought trump's name or politics into it... and just said that every employee should respect their coworkers, and any signs of disrespect will be dealt with.
but, as others have said, depending on what state he is in, he might be able to fire anyone he wishes for any reason... and you'd be fighting tooth and nail probably for his right to fire the gay person!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It may not be illegal in most states to be fired for who you voted for, but it should be.
If i was fired for this reason i would damn sure sue them for it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join