It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are screwed !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Donald Trump, After Blasting Iraq War, Picks Top Iraq Hawk James Woolsey as National Security Adviser

Donald Trump named former CIA director and extremist neoconservative James Woolsey his senior adviser on national security issues on Monday. Woolsey, who left the CIA in 1995, went on to become one of Washington’s most outspoken promoters of U.S. war in Iraq and the Middle East.

This should tell you everything about what just happened. Basically, he will tell you anything to hold office and what he does may not have anything to do with what he said.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Why is this the only source for this news? While he has been offering advice to the Trump campaign, that doesn't mean he will serve in a cabinet position

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

We will know for sure soon enough.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Woolsey, by contrast, was a key member of the Project for the New American Century — a neoconservative think tank largely founded to encourage a second war with Iraq. Woolsey signed a letter in 1998 calling on Clinton to depose Saddam Hussein and only hours after the 9/11 attacks appeared on CNNand blamed the attacks on Iraq. Woolsey has continued to insist on such a connection despite the complete lack of evidence to support his argument. He also blames Iran.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Donald Trump, After Blasting Iraq War, Picks Top Iraq Hawk James Woolsey as National Security Adviser

Donald Trump named former CIA director and extremist neoconservative James Woolsey his senior adviser on national security issues on Monday. Woolsey, who left the CIA in 1995, went on to become one of Washington’s most outspoken promoters of U.S. war in Iraq and the Middle East.

This should tell you everything about what just happened. Basically, he will tell you anything to hold office and what he does may not have anything to do with what he said.

Lol the fact that you feel compelled to point out that somebody running for or holding political office may not do everything exactly like they said says volumes about how short your memory is.

I'm honestly flabbergasted that this even had to be said.

And having people who are familiar with war and national security in a position of national security isn't exactly a bad thing. Nor does it necessarily mean they're going to go find a war to start.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

That was from Sep when he pulled Woolsey into his National Security strategy team, I don't think he has announced any selections to his Administration...

I hope he doesn't select Woolsey to be in his cabinet... it was ok to pick his brain during the campaign, but not someone I would like to see serve in any capacity...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
He's making a deal probably.

He will keep Obamacare and bring back the Neocons.

Oh well, he had me fooled to be honest.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Weeks before the invasion of Iraq, Woolsey called for broader war in the Middle East, saying “World War IV” was already underway. Woolsey has also put himself in a position to profit from the wars he has promoted. He has served as vice president of Pentagon contracting giant Booz Allen, and as chairman of Paladin Capital Group, a private equity fund that invests in national security and cybersecurity. He chairs the leadership council at the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, a hawkish national security nonprofit, and is a venture partner with Lux Capital Management, which invests in emerging technologies like drones, satellite imaging, and artificial intelligence. Woolsey went on CNN on Monday and said that he was principally motivated to support Trump because of his plans to expand U.S. military spending. Trump gave a speech last week in which he proposed dramatic expansions of the Army and Marines, and hundred-billion-dollar weapons systems for the Navy and Air Force. He offered no justification

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Look on the brightside a return to smog covered cities just like Jihna
You guys are so so screwed after seeing his 100 day plan.
edit on 10-11-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
We were screwed long before election day...

What I have been reading Wall street journal and a few other places is the Fed is getting ready to raise interest rates, when that happens a whole lot of bad just might start happening.

Also we already knew he wants to wipe ISIS off the map... which I think most people are ok with, and he wants to talk with Russia... I also think most are ok with this.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
And all the Trump supporters told us Hillary was the neocon and we had to elect Trump to avoid war. Riiiiight.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Here's the transition website link, to news related to the transition, policy positions, etc etc...

www.greatagain.gov...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
When it’s all over many people will rue the day they voted this man in office.

WE ARE DOOMED!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm going to laugh at all the fat, lazy, uneducated Republican Trump voters who are bankrupted after the Republicans eliminate their medicare, food stamps and minimum wage.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Here's the transition website link, to news related to the transition, policy positions, etc etc...

www.greatagain.gov...

It's a trap, qui.......

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Whaddidya expect? He's a guy had a gold spoon in his mouth his whole life. He can buy himself out of any situation. He grabs pussy as a greeting. AND he has the maturity of me when I was about 12.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
So does Trump's cabinet have to AGREE with everything Trump does?

First sign is disbelief, second is fear mongering.

Just get over it!!!!
edit on 10-11-2016 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Relax, sit back fire up one...I can hear the beer gurgle into my shaker glass. Take a chill, your way too tense man.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

You do realize that Hillary spoke often about war in Iraq and even voted for it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
You people are ridiculous.

He's not even taken the oath of office yet, and you're already shouting "we're doomed". Why don't you let the man do his job for a little bit, and see how things go?

Why damn someone for things they haven't even done yet, and may not do at all?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join