It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW. Russia Confirms Contact With Trump Campaign

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
After you congratulated Trump, I thought you were done with your nonsense...guess you should never believe a tabloid journalist

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Nice ad-hom.

The fact is, the Russian troll farms were indeed hired to spread propaganda and brigade for Trump.

"I created this list of Russian trolls when I was researching. And I check on it once in a while, still. And a lot of them have turned into conservative accounts, like fake conservatives. I don't know what's going on, but they're all tweeting about Donald Trump and stuff," he said.

From his interviews with former trolls employed by Russia, Chen gathered that the point of their jobs "was to weave propaganda seamlessly into what appeared to be the nonpolitical musings of an everyday person."

"Russia's information war might be thought of as the biggest trolling operation in history," Chen wrote. "And its target is nothing less than the utility of the Internet as a democratic space."

link

Actually, considering the state of things inside Russia it probably is an attractive job for young people. Russia is, after all, facing a 10-million person population decline between now an 2030, one of the largest among all nations. Good paying, steady jobs that involve computers? Probably a very attractive option for some...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

There's literally nothing offensive about what I've just said.

But, assuming you are also a Hillary lover, confused educated liberal, you guys are prone to make stuff up all the time

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Do you know what ad-hom means?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Once again attacking the messenger, not the message.

I'd love to hear your take on entire buildings in Russia filled with young people trolling the internet all day.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Do you know what ad-hom means?

Apparently you do not, so I'll help you out a bit my good sir!

ad hominem ad ˈhɒmɪnɛm/ adverb & adjective adverb: ad hominem; adjective: ad hominem

1.(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

Going after the person instead of their message? Insulting them or directing attention away from the topic and to them? That's an ad-hom.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sure that guy said untruthful, he was being polite. I called you a liar.

You have YET to properly address the fact you intentionally left out quotes from the same article that completely change the narrative you tried to portray. The users who joined this site just to argue before the election are gone. You don't have your confirmation bias support group here anymore. You have people who legitimately want to deny ignorance, so here I am denying you.

When you have addressed it you say "Clinton denied it"...so a Russian diplomat can say they contacted Clinton, Clinton denies it, that works for you. A Russian diplomat says they contacted Trump, Trump denies it, that does not work for you, Trump won because of Russia.

You seriously don't see why I have called you a liar. You know full well you read the full article. You intentionally lied (by omission) to create a false narrative.
edit on 11-11-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yo I heard there be Reds under yo beds!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Are you deluding yourself in to believing that countries nowadays don't use paid internet trolls to push their propaganda? It's happening in every single country, so I'm not exactly sure what's so alarming about it.

This thread is a bunch of BS, intentionally misleading people, something that the OP has mastered during this election cycle

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Sure that guy said untruthful, he was being polite. I called you a liar.

You seem very impressed with your ability to type four letter words. Good for you. Also, blah blah blah.

You have YET to properly address the fact you intentionally left out quotes from the same article that completely change the narrative you tried to portray. The users who joined this site just to argue before the election are gone. You don't have your confirmation bias support group here anymore. You have people who legitimately want to deny ignorance, so here I am denying you.

There's no need for me to address your delusion. I didn't intentionally leave out anything. Speaking of delusion, you seem to think that I care about having a "support group." I'll wipe these forums with you, this other person who is obsessed with me and any others who think that attacking me is a winning strategy — all by my lonesome.

When you have addressed it you say "Clinton denied it"...so a Russian diplomat can say they contacted Clinton, Clinton denies it, that works for you. A Russian diplomat says they contacted Trump, Trump denies it, that does not work for you, Trump won because of Russia.

I never said "Clinton denied it." Not once and yet, you not only liedYOU LIAR, YOU LYING HYPOCRITE — you put it in quotes. You're not arguing with me, you're making strawmen and foisting baseless ad hominem attacks because the truth of the matter is you have absolutely nothing of consequence to say.

If you spent less time with failed gotchas, you wouldn't keep missing this part:

Speaking to Bloomberg News, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said staffers at the Russian Embassy in Washington met with members of Trump’s campaign — meetings she described as “normal practice.” Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign refused similar requests for meetings, Zakharova told the agency.

That's not Clinton denying it liar (liar! you liar! liar! lol) that's THE RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY SPOKESWOMAN.

C'mon, you can do it. Try a little harder.
edit on 2016-11-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It's hard to wipe the floor with anyone when you can't even tell the truth...

Again you lie, and again you are unraveling, just as you did leading up to the election.

From you source, Zakharova said they were in touch with Clinton's campaign.

A Clinton campaign official who was asked to comment on Zakharova’s statement answered with a one-word email: “false.”

Clinton said it was false Russia had talked to them. That's a denial.

If I wanted to quote you word for word, I would have used the quote feature instead of air quotes.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So you can read the definition but not understand it? The message IS what Nikola was addressing. He called it "nonsense". He then pointed out the source was a basically a tabloid journalist.

Should I explain slower?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Well, arent we a butt hurt individual.

If you cant grow thicker skin, dont post bunk nonsense no one cares for.

I thought the point was to collect your 20 cents per post, not actually have people believe your BS.

Did bat boy also try to contact Trump? Elvis?

I thought you didnt bother responding to me because you are a superior person compared to us lowly common folk??

and its not my opinion. Your source clearly states that this was routine and sporatic contact. It also said Clintons campaign was contacted in the same way.

Try again.

edit on 11 11 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

So you can read the definition but not understand it? The message IS what Nikola was addressing. He called it "nonsense". He then pointed out the source was a basically a tabloid journalist.

Should I explain slower?

It seems we have different interpretations, my friend )))

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just curious, what is the exact wrongdoing that is being alleged?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

As far as my OP and the sources, nobody is alleging anything specific beyond the campaign lying about having contact with representatives of the Russian government.

We've got two representatives of the Russian government that have given statements that contradict that assertion. The first was Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov in an interview with Interfax. This is from the Reuters piece cited a few pages back:

"There were contacts," Interfax cited Ryabkov as saying. "We are doing this and have been doing this during the election campaign."

Such contacts would continue, he added, saying the Russian government knew and had been in touch with many of Trump's closest allies. He did not name names.

"Obviously, we know most of the people from his (Trump's)entourage. Those people have always been in the limelight in the United States and have occupied high-ranking positions," he said.

"I cannot say that all of them, but quite a few have been staying in touch with Russian representatives."

Ryabkov also said that there had been sporadic communications with the Clinton campaign which was not in the two sources I cited in the OP but my number one fans accused me of deliberately leaving out. From Bloomberg:

Ryabkov said the talks were “part of routine everyday work.” There was also “sporadic” contact with the Clinton team, though it was “not always productive,” he said. Calls to members of Clinton’s former campaign team for comment weren’t immediately returned.

Then there was Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova:

Speaking to Bloomberg News, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said staffers at the Russian Embassy in Washington met with members of Trump’s campaign — meetings she described as “normal practice.” Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign refused similar requests for meetings, Zakharova told the agency.

Zakharova would not comment on Ryabkov's statements directly. A little more from a different source from Zakharova:

Asked later for clarification, a Foreign Ministry official declined to elaborate on Ryabkov’s remarks but said standard diplomacy called for “contact with the leaders in the campaign” on matters such as clarifying statements by the candidate or conveying interview requests from Russian journalists. The ministry official spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter.

Hope Hicks denied:

Ryabkov provided no further details, and his remarks drew a swift denial from Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks, who said the campaign had “no contact with Russian officials” before Tuesday’s election.

Finally, there were two articles from Heat Street citing unamed sources and saying that the NYT article about the FBI not finding any connections to Russia was actually inaccurate and upon a second application, a FISA warrant was granted and that investigators were looking at transcripts of Carter Page phone calls.

I think I hit on everything. Make what you will from it.

EDIT:

Also, as far as I can tell, anything posted by somebody who didn't vote for Trump is "tabloid" something or another. Key word is "tabloid." I assume the preferred sources are now YouTube videos, Breitbart and Infowars.
edit on 2016-11-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

As far as my OP and the sources, nobody is alleging anything specific beyond the campaign lying about having contact with representatives of the Russian government.

We've got two representatives of the Russian government that have given statements that contradict that assertion. The first was Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov in an interview with Interfax. This is from the Reuters piece cited a few pages back:

"There were contacts," Interfax cited Ryabkov as saying. "We are doing this and have been doing this during the election campaign."

Such contacts would continue, he added, saying the Russian government knew and had been in touch with many of Trump's closest allies. He did not name names.

"Obviously, we know most of the people from his (Trump's)entourage. Those people have always been in the limelight in the United States and have occupied high-ranking positions," he said.

"I cannot say that all of them, but quite a few have been staying in touch with Russian representatives."

Ryabkov also said that there had been sporadic communications with the Clinton campaign which was not in the two sources I cited in the OP but my number one fans accused me of deliberately leaving out. From Bloomberg:

Ryabkov said the talks were “part of routine everyday work.” There was also “sporadic” contact with the Clinton team, though it was “not always productive,” he said. Calls to members of Clinton’s former campaign team for comment weren’t immediately returned.

Then there was Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova:

Zakharova would not comment on Ryabkov's statements directly. A little more from a different source from Zakharova:

Asked later for clarification, a Foreign Ministry official declined to elaborate on Ryabkov’s remarks but said standard diplomacy called for “contact with the leaders in the campaign” on matters such as clarifying statements by the candidate or conveying interview requests from Russian journalists. The ministry official spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter.

Hope Hicks denied:

Ryabkov provided no further details, and his remarks drew a swift denial from Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks, who said the campaign had “no contact with Russian officials” before Tuesday’s election.

Finally, there were two articles from Heat Street citing unamed sources and saying that the NYT article about the FBI not finding any connections to Russia was actually inaccurate and upon a second application, a FISA warrant was granted and that investigators were looking at transcripts of Carter Page phone calls.

I think I hit on everything. Make what you will from it.

EDIT:

Also, as far as I can tell, anything posted by somebody who didn't vote for Trump is "tabloid" something or another. Key word is "tabloid."

They met with individuals, not the campaign. I would say while not proven it's likely lies were told. I am less concerned with legal lies than illegal ones. So while these are the things that make me dislike Trump, it pales in comparison to what Hillary did.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

They met with individuals, not the campaign. I would say while not proven it's likely lies were told. I am less concerned with legal lies than illegal ones. So while these are the things that make me dislike Trump, it pales in comparison to what Hillary did.

If you read back, you'll see that's basically the conclusion I came too. They likely had communication with individuals in the campaign with Russian ties. Specifically Flynn and Manafort, possibly through Carter (and maybe others). To me Flynn is the most concerning because he's being considered for appointments in the incoming administration.

For some reason, saying that seems to threaten some people.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join