It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Mayor Explains Why Local Police Can't Stop Looting Rioters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is the perfect time to bring california to heel. Block california off from the national grid and impose a no travel restriction to other states until the californian government stops allowwing santuary cities and lifts th e gun laws that break constitutional law.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Very strange reading an American view on how to deal with riots. You're like blood-thirsty toddlers who are obsessed with guns. No wonder the rest of the world worries about you.

Some sickening posts here. The police should respond with measured action - property is not more valuable than life.

Shame on the lot of you.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

Very strange reading an American view on how to deal with riots. You're like blood-thirsty toddlers who are obsessed with guns. No wonder the rest of the world worries about you.

While I am not as extreme as some of the other posters, I do believe strongly in the right to protect my family and property by whatever means I can provide. Especially against a mob of angry idiots tearing up their neighborhood and wishing harm on my business/family. I've done horrible things for an ungrateful nation. Imagine what I would do to protect those I love.

The Supreme court ruled not that long ago that the individual, not the cops, is responsible for their own safety. The cops don't have to respond if you are being attacked by someone. They can sit there and watch and its perfectly legal for them to do so.

And that is what self sufficiency is about. When you are in a desperate situation, you don't call someone with a gun to come and defend you, you go and load yours.

Earlier this year, East Baton Rouge was flooded like it has never been flooded before. People lost everything. West Baton Rouge was not hit so hard. So what did my fellow countrymen do? They got in their own boats, and rescued their neighbors from the rising waters. White, black, mexican, whatever did'nt matter. Everyone was helping their neighbors. People got clothes donations together and cooked whatever they had in their freezers to feed each other. I live in the central part of the state. Many of my friends/family went to assist with donations and whatever they could scrape up to give. They called them the Cajun Navy.

They rolled up their sleeves, took care of themselves and it seems the government took notice because now, I'm seeing them try to push through laws in the state senate about how it is going to be illegal to "get in the way" of first responders in the even of a natural disaster. Its like they are saying "you guys are acting like you don't need us and we can't have that."

I highly encourage anyone in Oakland to protect yourselves and your property any way you can. Especially since your mayor sure as hell won't.

Some sickening posts here. The police should respond with measured action - property is not more valuable than life.

Responding with measured action would at least be a response. As it is now she is just making law enforcement sit on the sidelines.
edit on 11-11-2016 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

Shame on the lot of you.

I f property isnt as important as life then stop defending your country.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned you turn to the cops to attack them you should be fair game. In fact, just rioting in this way should make you fair game. There is nothing American about these animals.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

If you value destroying my property more than saving your life then I guess property is more valuable to the animals trying to destroy it.

In the end it is these criminals who would be deciding which is more important. If life is more important to them, they would value it and stop.

If they put so little value on life, then perhaps they have no place in this world, because if they value their own life so little, how much do you think they value yours?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I too, as a non-American, am quite shocked at some of the responses here. Defending yourself and your family from harm is one thing, but to amass the pitchfork armada and slaughter them all? What the hell? Blood thirst indeed.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Skeletonized

Wait, so you're telling me that if an angry mob of idiot "peaceful protesters" comes at you, your family, your property, with nothing but intent to harm you and yours, that you would just bow down so as not to "hurt" them?

No wonder you Brits, Scots whatever have been invaded so many times.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
All the big cities have Democratic mayors and they want this to spread to all the big cities.
That will give Obama the green light to declare a "National Emergency" that Soros and friends can keep the riots going right through January and deny Trump his inauguration.
I'm telling ya folks - that IS the plan.
They meant to control the US and they aren't going to allow Trump in so he can start prosecuting them.

Just remember this come January 19, 2017

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'll remember where I heard it first.

Seriously though, it seems to me like dear leader Hillary should make a statement or something for people to chill out and go home and enjoy their lives. The fact that she has not done so is pretty telling to me anyways.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

Wait, so you're telling me that if an angry mob of idiot "peaceful protesters" comes at you, your family, your property, with nothing but intent to harm you and yours, that you would just bow down so as not to "hurt" them?

No wonder you Brits, Scots whatever have been invaded so many times.

I'm not saying you can't defend yourself. It's more the vibe i'm getting.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I am assuming the people saying that the Americans are blood thirsty in this mess have never had their towns tore up by a bunch of animals, i can assure you lot now that it is bloody scary.

What i cannot get my head around is the mayor saying the people have a free run..!!!! wtf.
That should never have been put out.
Tear-gas, water cannons and rubber bullets will soon disperse the idiots, sheesh

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I am sorry that the possibility of meeting violence with violence disturbs you so. I do believe that I should turn the other cheek, but I also know that I only have two of them.

I personally abhor senseless violence. I have seen enough of it to last two lifetimes. Which makes the actions of these "protesters" even more dispicable in my eyes.

"Vibes" mean nothing. Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Call out the national guard.
The city of oakland has long been run by gangs and not by the mayor.
www.therealstreetz.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

I am sorry that the possibility of meeting violence with violence disturbs you so. I do believe that I should turn the other cheek, but I also know that I only have two of them.

I personally abhor senseless violence. I have seen enough of it to last two lifetimes. Which makes the actions of these "protesters" even more dispicable in my eyes.

"Vibes" mean nothing. Actions speak louder than words.

Actually turn the other cheek is about insults...not defending your life. Jesus dont want you beaten to death or halfway there.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Without force and threat of punishment the law means nothing. zero. nada.

Attacking a store is act of violence, be prepared for reprisal. You are the one treating these animals as toddlers.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Actually turn the other cheek is about insults...not defending your life. Jesus dont want you beaten to death or halfway there.

Luke 6:29-- If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.

Agreed, although I can't think of a bigger insult than someone trying to kill me. Lets hope these idiots just stick to property damage.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

How Much Bribe Money is this Mayor getting from George Soros Connections to say that ? Talk about Conspiracies ........

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
And all across America, the poison fires glow, and in the blood of our procreation, annihilation grows.-swans.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
bluelivesmatter.blue...

And estimated 16 businesses were damaged, along with around 40 fires started. KTVU reports that one resident was nearly burned when a “protester” set the man’s car on fire.

Black Lives Matter supporters have been calling for people to go to white areas and destroy their neighborhoods, because they blame white people for inflicting Donald Trump upon them. Now rioters are taking up the call to action by destroying people’s property and attacking the police officers who are trying to keep their community safe.

www.breitbart.com...

Apparently, now they're rioting just for the hell of it?

I don't get it. at this point, I say bye california, become your own country and take your debt, crazy liberals and BLM with you. Oh and don't forget the idiot Hollywood actors too.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join