It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Bernie Sanders "embarrassment" comment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I'm surprised that you still like that sellout.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Bernie is 72 his older brother Larry Sanders is 84 and ran for office this year!

Bernie is 75 and Larry 81, when you get old you don't do too well with numbers, sadly its how life works and it happens to us all

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Exactly, he wasn't blaming anybody but his own party.
The Dems should be appealing to workng people.
Lord knows the Republicans love to take their votes and then do absolutely NOTHING for them.
Ironic that Republicans have the house and senate, haven't done anything at all the last several years except trying their best to get a big elephant in the dictionary next to "obstructionist," and somehow folks went to the polls thinking Trump will change all of that. Perhaps he will; I'm willing to watch and see. History suggests otherwise, but as they say about those who refuse to learn from it--doomed to repeat it (ad nauseum).

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
The dictionary?????? Hahahahaha wow. The essence of the Trump vote right here.

Is that the uneducated white vote I keep hearing about?

Can you point me towards a dictionary definition which states that a racial slur is dependent on the person stating it?

Dictonary.com has "a derogatory or disrespectful nickname for a racial group, used without restraint".

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Bernie has made a weird and obviously biased comment about voters.

Here it is as quoted:

"It is an embarrassment, I think, to the entire of Democratic Party that millions of white working-class people decided to vote for Mr. Trump, which suggests that the Democratic message of standing up for working people no longer holds much sway among workers in this country," Sanders said.

So now we still have the dividing and biased agenda going.

He also apparently isn't ruling out a run in 2020.

Sanders unfortunately has bad credibility after endorsing Clinton and now especially with this racial slur.

Jesus. What happened to Obama's and Clinton's call for cooperation?

Bernie Sanders doesn't rule out a 2020 White House run

I don't interpret this as a racial slur at all.

He is pointing out that white, blue collar males are traditionally Democratic, and it's a failure/embarrassment for the Democrats that they turned out in large numbers to vote for the opposition party.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant

That's never been tested worth a damn.

You can tell me the sky is bright green if you like, but until I see Bernie go up against Trump in a presidential race, without getting the play fouled for him by the DNC, I will have deep reservations about your assumptions there.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
He sold out plain and simple! the reason is, did he do it because Hillary had leverage on him or his family? if thats case I can forgive him.. either than that, nope!

At least he spoke about a rational aspect from this election, the Demo party forgot about the white working class, they did!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I'm surprised that you still like that sellout.

I am not sure I do still like him...

I want more information on the wikileak where Pedo-desta says, "they have leverage on him."

A bribe, blackmail or was Sanders and or his family threatened?

I would have thought, you too would want the facts, rather than endorsing the assumptions others.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Pedo-desta...

I really want to laugh about that, but it feels shameful. Still, nice one.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: xuenchen

Obama Care did them in with the working folks.

exactly,

When your monthly insurance premium increases to the point of being more than your mortgage you ain`t gonna vote for no stinking democrat.
voters have short memories but when you have a monthly reminder of how much the democrats screwed you with obamacare you remember that when you enter the voting booth.

The democrats seriously underestimated how badly a lot of people got screwed by obamacare,the democrats are completely out of touch with the common working man.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

Pedo-desta...

I really want to laugh about that, but it feels shameful. Still, nice one.

Just calling them as I see them!

I am one of the most left people on this board, but I really hate the liars and shysters of both parties!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Nice spin. Bernie's upset about the DNC abandoning the people they're supposed to support. In fact, Bernie has always been saying this and he is one of the few politicians holding the DNC responsible for their actions within the Democratic party.

Of course, as we learned from Wikileaks, the DNC is as corrupt as we always knew it was and they colluded against Bernie in favor of the most corporate establishment politician ever. And that's why he's right and continues to be right. Clearly the DNC didn't care about liberals and demonized Bernie supporters. He has no love for the DNC and neither do I.

The good news for the DNC is that he wants to stop the money from ruining politics and catering only to the elite. You know, the people who the RNC support and continue to do so. How come you NEVER make a thread on corrupt Republicans? DO you really believe the RNC isn't just as corrupt as the DNC?
edit on 10-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Well, I personally know several working-class white folks who were actually able to get insurance for the first time under Obamacare. And they're pretty damn scared that it could be going away. Yes, they understand the premiums were going up. However, compared to what the bills looked like without any coverage at all, not to mention the fact that they can get the care they need when they need it, the alternative is frightening and disheartening.

Now, someone else on another thread pointed out that Trump wants to repeal and replace. If that happens, and they keep what's working and popular, then maybe we'll have something.

If, however, the Republicans just do what they've always wanted to and defund it without presenting any viable alternatives, then those folks are back to square one. Mr. President (elect), have pity on the working man...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Obama Care did them in with the working folks.

I think you mean the rhetoric around Obamacare pushed by the runaway right-wing media.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I'm right there with you man. More power to you, I say.
Absolutely love Alaska, BTW. Beautiful state you live in.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Well said, sir. Well said.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant
a reply to: TrueBrit

America doesn't want Bernies politics.

America doesn't want Trump's politics either. Seeing as he got less votes than Hillary and he got less that 1/6th of the US population voting him into office. Truth is truth.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There are a few ways to interpret what Bernie actually meant......does he mean....

1. The Dems are such a mess they alienated white working class Americans, who voted Trump?

2. White working class Americans abandoned the Dems because they voted for racist Trump who reflects their true racist selves?

I tend to think he meant choice #1...and he's absolutely right !

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: ugmold

I don't think it is embarrassing at all. He is his own Man and doesn't have to follow Obama or Hillary's opinion.

You also have to keep something else in Mind I'm sure you don't want to bring up, that is the fact that Non-College Educated Voted for Trump. I do think that is a Big Factor.

Yet the college educated are the ones running the country and they have failed to solve what they call "the problem".

The college educated are responsible for every single financial crisis and meltdown too.

Maybe there's really not much difference between the "educated" and the "non educated".

I think you are confusing that those who cast their Votes, the Uneducated, are not the ones that will be running the Country, that is Ivy League tRump.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Bernie lost all of his credibility when he endorsed Hillary and became her stooge.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join