It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change.org Petition: Electoral College: Make Hillary Clinton President on December 19

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

On December 19, the Electors of the Electoral College will cast their ballots. If they all vote the way their states voted, Donald Trump will win. However, they can vote for Hillary Clinton if they choose. Even in states where that is not allowed, their vote would still be counted, they would simply pay a small fine - which we can be sure Clinton supporters will be glad to pay!

We are calling on the Electors to ignore their states' votes and cast their ballots for Secretary Clinton. Why?
SOURCE

It's legal, and it's definitely possible. Some would argue that the entire reason for the Electoral College is to stop someone like Trump from becoming POTUS.

The scary thing is that all decisions there will be final. There is no appealing this decision.

What do you think will happen?

I think there will be some faithless electors. If there are enough, the election could switch to Clinton winning or the election could even end up being decided in the House of Representatives.
edit on 10-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I think that would be the end of the American Republic.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
That's not smart.

Trump's following is mostly working class people with lots of weapons and former military and police I highly doubt they want the entire working class of this country in revolt.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Nothing, absolutely nothing will come of this, except some violent political extremists get to vent their anger somewhere than the streets of American cities.

The President does not have the power to influence the electoral college.

edit: changed the wording a bit to make it more accurate.
edit on -060003pm11kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Clinton already conceded.
Trump is already working with Obama and his administration to begin the transfer of power.
I'm pretty sure that if there was any possibility of this happening, they would all know about it, and Clinton would be holding out for that.
The only electorate that I heard of who said he would not vote with the state was in Washington State, and he said that he would never vote for Hillary.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Dictators choose their successors.

Won't happen- the people wouldn't stand for it.

Even clinton supporters can get behind that.

link   
The electors were chosen in advance by the respective parties- there is a list somewhere which someone published on an ATS thread before the voting began.
Presumably the Republican party chose reliable Republicans to represent them, making defection unlikely. If the state in question went for Trump, the appointed electors will not be Clinton supporters.

+1 more 
link   
Not happening.
Hillary conceded, it is over.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Honestly, I could see it happening. Don't think it will, but wouldn't be shocked about anything at this point. She did win the popular vote so I'm sure at least her crowd would be ok with it. We are all too cushy to actually revolt, as much as I would like to think we would.
edit on 10-11-2016 by jburg6 because: (no reason given)

link   
What a bunch of sore losers. Don't these people have anything better to do?

link   
a reply to: turtlepenguin87

No.

Same bloody nonsense happened after Brexit.

Though admittedly that petition was penned prior to the vote by an exiter, it was just seized upon by the remain crowd.
edit on -060003pm11kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I think that would be the end of the American Republic.

Of course.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It'll come to pass and people will forget.

Its over with, so now lets get to cracking in these deals and laws.

link   

link   

link   

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Further to my first response, here is the list of electors, borrowed from the thread I mentioned.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
you when the majority vote you get the electoral vote. He won 279 to 234

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If it were to happen (which I believe it won't) the liberal sjw kiddies would see what a real rebellion looks like.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

At first I though Change dot org was engaging in sedition until I realized it was from a single individual.

That's just some nut who is a sore looser. The world is full of both nuts and sore looser's.

Nearly all of us on any side would take exception with one Party wanting to become dictators.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join