It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Repeal: Day One & Beyond - What Trump’s Election means for the ACA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Here is what Liz Warren had to say re working with Republicans on Obamacare reform

Americans want reform to Obamacare — Democrats included. We must bring down the costs of health insurance and the cost of health care. But if the Republicans want to strip away health insurance from 20 million Americans, if they want to let cancer survivors get kicked to the curb, if they want to throw 24-year-olds off their parents’ health insurance, then we will fight them every step of the way.

Elizabeth Warren

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Your arguments don’t take into consideration the fact that Obama had to take what he could get in lieu of the virulent opposition of the GOP to any viable universal or affordable care plan.

It was the GOP who Were much more devisive that Obama.

When are you people going to finally get it through your brains THESE ARE HUMAN!
BEINGS!

All we want is what every other civilized and modern country does for its people.

Why people here by into the inhuman GOP dogma is pretty sad

I just hope one day your never destitute with sickness or broke and cant get good health care

Its amazing people are so anxious to make other human suffer for their political dogma

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The ACA passed Congress with zero Republican votes.

Democrats had the whole thing to themselves, and there was infighting.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
It has hurt more than it has helped. That's not me making a political statement, just a statement of fact. When premiums triple and deductibles go from $500 to $3,500, $5,000, or more, that is an untenable burden to most middle class families. It has resulted in many less trips to the doctor and has created a situation where many who would have had needed procedures or medicines at a $500 price cap can't budget the now $3,500+ debt and just say "screw it, I reckon I'll just learn to live with pain."

Without the ACA premiums were already rising and projected to hit this point though. Among other things the ACA was an attempt to stop that from happening, which didn't work.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I think people are going to be surprised when the insurance standards remain. They'll roll back a regulation here or there, but the big ones like having a minimum care standard where insurance is actually insurance, not having spending limits, and so on are going to remain.

There's no way to make health insurance cheaper really, they'll probably try ideas like HSA's, but all those are, are a savings account. If you don't have the money to save for treatment, how will you ever fill it? Cancer treatments and heart disease just to name two common illnesses cost millions of dollars to treat. A less common illness my mom has, costs 1 million every 6 months... no insurance program would ever take her if not for the ACA, and she makes under $20,000 so there's no way she could ever afford it.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
January 24, 2017

Trump/Congress wants to return control of health insurance to the states. Those who live in NEW YORK will continue to pay sky-high premiums, because:

""Sorry, though, no choices for New Yorkers. On Friday, Gov. Cuomo signaled that Albany pols, not consumers, are in charge here. Cuomo announced that every insurance plan must cover “free” contraception and abortion, without a copay, so that New York women “will have cost-free access to reproductive health care.” Free? Do you also believe in the Tooth Fairy? Insurance buyers will be forced to pay for these items, whether they want them or not.""

Source: nypost.com...

<< 1  2   >>

join