It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KB3197868 (Windows 7)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hi. Bit of a strange problem and I can't find any info about it so wondering if anyone here can help.

Ever since yesterday when I installed KB3197868 on my Windows 7 PC I can't access my usual torrent sites on any browser. I get error pages...

An error occurred during a connection to www.torlock.com. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

And...

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified."

Any ideas as to what's going on?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Uninstall that update. Be sure your computer is not set to automatically update. The very least you should have is to let you choose which updates are allowed. As for me and my Windows 7 computer. I do not allow any Microsoft updates. My computer has the basic Windows 7 setup. I do not have Internet Explorer installed.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Skush

I'm with Ceeker63 , uninstall it.

For the time being, the support page for KB3197868 is not available. In other words, we don’t really know what the specific security improvements are.
windowsreport.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It sounds odd, but check your time and date settings.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It doesn't show up in programs & features > installed updates, so I can't uninstall it but I did do a system restore to the day before I installed it but the problem is still there and it is still listed in the update history (does that always happen?)

Time and date are correct.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
OK, check your hosts file: open it with Notepad or something (by default it's here: C:WindowsSystem32driversetc, for some reason ATS disables backslashes) and look whether there are entries containing your "usual torrent sites".

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sounds like TLS is disabled in IE advanced settings. Ifor that's the case I doubt it was that roll up. To fix just enable all 3 of them.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone. I tried your suggestion JedemDasSeine with no luck. And drewlander I don't use IE but TLS is enabled. I've found that using a proxy works with the sites that I can't access any more so I'll have to use that.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Just use tor browser to get to torrent sites. much safer. Or sometimes i use a program called torrent rover that searches multiple sites in one go.

Mind you these days i find myself using the teamos official (find it on google) site rather than just torrents.
edit on 15-11-2016 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Just a warning, if anyone goes on teamos site, make sure you have a good popup blocker running. Otherwise its all good

top topics

join