It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will humanity return to the Republican party?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
By humanity I'm talking about humane qualities... I mean kindness, empathy, love. Are we going to see this from the new Republican party/alt-Right/Trump admin in the near future?

I've been waiting this whole election for efforts from the Trump campaign to reach out and understand people. Even Republicans waited and expected their candidate to eventually act like a decent human being. We have all been waiting for signs of goodness.

I have heard so many people grapple with Trump's (and his supporters) perceived lack of humanity, empathy, and kindness. It's impossible to believe there is none, and yet we struggle to see it... It appears kindness and humanity is extremely elusive in the Trump camp. Even the people he has speaking for him seem like cold, angry, combative people.

So... Is the LOVE coming back? Will there be any kind of redeeming qualities coming back to the Republican party?

I understand the plans to defund Planned Parenthood, build a wall, torture people, murder the innocent families of terrorists, empower police, stop and frisk, racial profiling, mass deportation, and to end Obamacare.... I understand ALL that.

Is love and kindness coming back anytime soon?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Over their dead bodies?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Just my opinion but, it's not the governments job to love, coddle and support us. Their function is to ensure our rights and freedoms are protected, rule of law is maintained and to provide a secure country with conditions that promote the success of the individual.

The founding fathers seemed to have the same opinion as me.
edit on 10-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Something SJWs seem unable, or unwilling, to understand is that your feelings don't really have a place in trade deals, the tax code, eliminating illegal immigration, and a host of other issues.

So what SJWs see as a perceived lack of emotion really is a lack of emotion, because some people understand that their feelings don't matter when it comes to things like trying to stop illegal immigration.

The sooner some folks understand that their feelings don't amount to spit in the real world, the better off everybody will be. Feelings are for your personal life, not for closing an international trade deal.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Hey there Sham - ever going to answer that wall question i had for you.
Try to answer it without emotion.
Just the clear cold facts.
Look forward to your response.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

My Goodness...your like the stunted, post mortem version of Ante..

But, still..just as humorous

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Will it be like the "kindness, empathy, love" we have seen from the Democratic party and their supporters towards anyone who disagrees with them over this last election cycle?

edit on 10-11-2016 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Trump is about business not social issues. People that are worried about gay rights and abortions really don't understand what Trump is about. He is here to fix jobs and trade deals not mess with people's rights.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

no, I think the plan is to round up all the liberals and put them in fema camps. At least that's what I heard on Infowars.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It is possible to come up with solutions and policy that are humane, kind, and show empathy. So far, I see a strong push for solutions that are the antithesis of these things.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Stop that, Trump is not some automaton that will
rule with pure balance on all matters.
Have you NEVER heard him talk about his ideals?
That man has ideas that don't embrace unity.
You have seen his triggered Twitter rants, right?
Maybe - you don't know what Trump is about.
I think you have romanticized him too much.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

Leaders set a tone. Policy can be designed in such a way to be acceptable to people who value humanity.

Examples are climate change, environmental, wildlife protections, humanitarian efforts, equality... policy designed to aid those who are sick or struggling.

It feels weird to have to explain this, but hopefully you get the point.

Do you think Republicans under a Trump admin will ever return to humanity in this respect?
edit on 10-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Do you think a business man goes into a trade meeting with another company thinking "How best can I help the other guy" No, he goes in and tries to get the best deal for himself and his company as does the guy representing the other company for his. They usually meet in the middle somewhere and get the best they can without the other being screwed. What has happened in this countries case though is weak leaders that went in and gave the other guy a great deal while shafting himself. Emotional mush mumbo jumbo has no place in it.

On the equality, environmental issues etc. I don't think that is very high on Trumps list for now. He's focused on economy mainly.
edit on 10-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think the only way to bring back "humanityu" into the political process in the USA is to outlaw political parties and their big finance organizations. I firmly believe that the two party system is, has been and will continue to be the major contributing factor in the downfall of America.

When politicians are made to stand on their own ideals, not have a "group think" position to fall back on (like Republican or Democrat platforms), have their own staffers write bills instead of special interests and are forced into real discussion and compromise - then we'll have a chance to return to more humane values.

As long as our elected officials can congregate like street gangs in Congress, we'll have street gang behavior just as we've seen for decades. Remember, "there's no intelligence test to be a Senator" according to Arkansas Senator David Pryor (Religulous movie). Let our politicians think for themselves, and it'll be obvious who needs to go & where.

Time to abolish the Jackass and the Pachyderm.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
By humanity I'm talking about humane qualities... I mean kindness, empathy, love. Are we going to see this from the new Republican party/alt-Right/Trump admin in the near future?

I've been waiting this whole election for efforts from the Trump campaign to reach out and understand people. Even Republicans waited and expected their candidate to eventually act like a decent human being. We have all been waiting for signs of goodness.

I have heard so many people grapple with Trump's (and his supporters) perceived lack of humanity, empathy, and kindness. It's impossible to believe there is none, and yet we struggle to see it... It appears kindness and humanity is extremely elusive in the Trump camp. Even the people he has speaking for him seem like cold, angry, combative people.

So... Is the LOVE coming back? Will there be any kind of redeeming qualities coming back to the Republican party?

I understand the plans to defund Planned Parenthood, build a wall, torture people, murder the innocent families of terrorists, empower police, stop and frisk, racial profiling, mass deportation, and to end Obamacare.... I understand ALL that.

Is love and kindness coming back anytime soon?

Conservatives have humanity. We just approach solutions in a different manner.

Trump and Hillary are walking down the street a see a homeless guy. Trump gives the guy a job application and says stop by tomorrow, I have a job you can do. Hillary reaches into Trumps pocket, takes five bucks and gives it to the homeless guy.

This pretty much describes the difference in philosophies...
edit on 10-11-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Examples are climate change, environmental, wildlife protections, humanitarian efforts, equality... policy designed to aid those who are sick or struggling.

OK, I think I see the disconnect. The topics you mentioned are some that a liberal might champion. Where as, a conservative might worry about national security, border security, job creation, infrastructure, the economy. That is not to say the things you mentioned aren't important, they just fall in a different order of importance depending on whom is viewing them.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Trump and Hillary are walking down the street a see a homeless guy. Trump gives the guy a job application and says stop by tomorrow, I have a job you can do. Hillary reaches into Trumps pocket, takes five bucks and gives he homeless guy.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Edumakated

Trump and Hillary are walking down the street a see a homeless guy. Trump gives the guy a job application and says stop by tomorrow, I have a job you can do. Hillary reaches into Trumps pocket, takes five bucks and gives he homeless guy.

I took the red pill...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

This right here is the best example so far of someone actually responding in a way that challenges my perception and shows and actual care for 'goodness' and helping people.

I may not agree, but I do appreciate the post. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

OK, I think I see the disconnect. The topics you mentioned are some that a liberal might champion. Where as, a conservative might worry about national security, border security, job creation, infrastructure, the economy. That is not to say the things you mentioned aren't important, they just fall in a different order of importance depending on whom is viewing them.

Okay so in a way you're saying where a humanitarian's priorities are on feeding people, giving them medical aid, a warm bed and shelter... a soldier or attack dog is there to go after the bad guys, the criminals, keep everything secure. And I can respect that to a point.

I do think goodness is important in a President. A president is not an attack dog or a humanitarian. He's a representative of the people. He sets the tone for all of it. I see attack dog Trump just fine... think humanity part will enter the picture?

I hope so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join