It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secession of the States?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Eh, this is the same blather as when Texas was threatening it. They need to vent, and they would face some tough reality if they did manage to separate. For one thing, only their largest metros are heavily in favor of this move. San Diego and the northern parts of Cali are likely not going to want to be taken for this ride by LA and San Fran.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Zimnydran

I disagree vehemently... I think most Americans are middle of the road, the only difference is how do you reach the intended destination..

OT: If they did leave... one they have zero shot of resisting forced re-integration, cause lets face it... we had this tiff before and the Federal Govt made it perfectly clear there is no getting out... Two: They cant afford to leave, IF they could spend within their means sure... maybe... but I doubt it. The fact they cant come within a country mile of a balanced budget they wouldn't last 90 days before begging for some of the Govt sugar..

I agree completely. I think most Americans just go about their lives and their own politics and those of their neighbors aren't nearly as important as they are for a few months every 4 years. There has never been a time in history where everyone agreed with each other, where there is zero dissent among citizens, in any country or land, ever. I don't think it is possible with human beings.

Frankly I wouldn't want to live in that place I don't think. If there was an entire state of people just like me, absolutely nothing would get done. We would all just sit around and read books while smoking the yard and drinking coffee. It would be a terrible place to live.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Cally isn't Going Anywhere . I now Suspect Gov. Moonbeam is going to Crawl on his Hands and Knees to President Elect Trump and ask for a Federal Funded Handout to Save his Sorry Excuse of a State . Payback is gonna be a Bee Itch Jerry...........

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

You forgot Texas has demanded it's gold back, and is starting it's own reserve- as it knows damn well there is no way to secede if NY has your gold reserve....

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

San Diego is supported by the MCRD. Without Marines and all the cash that comes from them, what do you have? 40000 strippers with no income.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
a reply to: new_here

I use speech to text on iPad which cannot understand my accent…

It makes so many homonym errors that I miss many of them...

That was the first thing I went back and edited…

You'll notice my notes at the bottom next to the edit where I bemoan apples inability to understand me haha

-Chris

Haha, well I hope you don't think I was being a spelling nazi. I was really just playing off your context of Texas being a successful state.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Is there a significant level of support for such an action?

It certainly appears that certain demographic groups may support such action.

There's not. Agreeing with the politics or not, it's just tactically better to remain one nation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join