It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Effect: What And Whom Will He effect?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Below are some stories that have come out recently. Just the fact that Trump won the election it seems these countries/companies are taking notice and in some cases seem to be ready to talk with a more open arms approach than in the last ohhhhh, say 8 years.

Canada PM says ready to renegotiate NAFTA with Trump
www.yahoo.com...

Putin congratulates Trump via telegram as world leaders react to election victory
www.foxnews.com...

Trump, Turkey's Erdogan discuss boosting ties, fighting terrorism: sources
www.reuters.com...

Ford vows to work with Trump after criticism of Mexico investments
www.reuters.com...

Pakistan Wants to Work on Counter terrorism With Trump
abcnews.go.com...

Mexico stunned by election of Donald Trump
www.cnn.com...

Egypt's Sisi congratulates Trump, looks forward to new era of closer ties
www.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So far it's looking good, real good.

The best thing to happen to the US since Kennedy.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It's called diplomacy , something Trump needs to learn quick smart.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

reply to: seasonal

Has Trump ever said anything about central banks or the Fed?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's called diplomacy , something Trump needs to learn quick smart.

The links are from him winning the election. So diplomacy was achieved by the American voter making the correct decision. And by the fact that, for instance, Putin knows Trump isn't an push over so he is willing to talk.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

So diplomacy was achieved by the American voter making the correct decision.

That wasn't diplomacy , some would say it was idiocy.

And by the fact that, for instance, Putin knows Trump isn't an push over so he is willing to talk.

I'm not so sure about that.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

reply to: seasonal

Has Trump ever said anything about central banks or the Fed?

Yep he has

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump It is so important to audit The Federal Reserve, and yet Ted Cruz missed the vote on the bill that would allow this to be done. 12:37 PM - 22 Feb 2016

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I wish he would get rid of the federal reserve. Presidents have tried but they seem to die when they meddle with the bankers...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

I wish he would get rid of the federal reserve. Presidents have tried but they seem to die when they meddle with the bankers...

True, I really think that if the Fed wants to give out $ at no interest, maybe loan it to citizens. We have the technology to do that now.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You're reading far far too heavily into normal diplomacy.

reactions from 2008:

Canada:

"On behalf of all Canadians, I want to offer my heartfelt congratulations to Barack Obama as he assumes office as President of the United States of America and wish him and his administration well as they begin their new term in office. We also send our warmest wishes to our American neighbours as they celebrate this historic day with their friends around the world. I am delighted that the President has accepted our invitation to make Canada the destination of his first international visit. The United States remains Canada’s most important ally, closest friend and largest trading partner and I look forward to working with President Obama and his administration as we build on this special relationship."

Turkey:

President Abdullah Gül congratulated Obama and said "your message of change and hope is one that meets the expectations of our day. It is a message that Turkey embraces."

Pakistan:

President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gillani congratulated Obama on his election and both also expressed hope that relations between the two countries would strengthen under the new American leadership

and so on and so forth. This is what is done. Not many are looking to piss off the incoming US President. Everyone talks about cooperation, closer relationships, solving problems, how special the relationship is, yadda yadda. One reaction was a bit muted in 2008 though:

Putin:

"Obama looks like a sincere and open man, and this, of course, attracts people."

edit on 2016-11-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Trump camp has been throwing out the possibility of

bringing back the Gold Standard.

So, there's that.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well they can't very well of said

Obama is an idiot who probably isn't even a legalized citizen but since we're avoiding unsolicited chaos with our Neighbor Countries, we'll just be polite instead.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Trump camp has been throwing out the possibility of

bringing back the Gold Standard.

So, there's that.

Thanks your right.

Trump Favors Returning To The Gold Standard, Few Economists Agree

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:

Here's a little-noticed economic idea of Donald Trump - the Republican presidential candidate likes gold.

RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:

He's used a lot of it in decorating his real estate properties, like Trump Tower. His financial statement says he owns up to $200,000 in gold.

INSKEEP: And Trump recently told the website thescene.com that he would like to return U.S. currency to the gold standard. NPR's Jim Zarroli reports.

JIM ZARROLI, BYLINE: Trump said he wants to see the United States do something it hasn't done since the Great Depression - tie the value of the dollar to the price of gold.

(SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING)

DONALD TRUMP: Bringing back the gold standard would be very hard to do, but, boy, would it be wonderful. We'd have a standard on which to base our money.

ZARROLI: Returning to the gold standard is an idea that's popular with a small segment of voters, many of them Republicans. Texas Senator Ted Cruz was a proponent. Kentucky Senator Rand Paul said the idea should be studied. But economist Dean Baker of the Center for Economic and Policy Research says it's something of a fringe idea.

www.npr.org...

edit on 10-11-2016 by seasonal because: source

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Let's get this straight. Positive statements regarding Obama's election were in your view, a bunch of birthers being nice because they had no choice but positive statements regarding Trump's election are profound indicators of the dawning of a new and glorious age!

You're not projecting at all. Not even a little bit.
edit on 2016-11-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Let's get this straight. Positive statements regarding Obama's election were in your view, a bunch of birthers being nice because they had no choice but positive statements regarding Trump's election are profound indicators of the dawning of a new and glorious age!

You're not projecting at all. Not even a little bit.

You know as well as I, comments made by world leaders are just another part of the chess board.

It's how the game is played.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You know as well as I, comments made by world leaders are just another part of the chess board.

That maybe an issue with Trump, he does a bit of off the cuff commentary.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

That maybe an issue with Trump, he does a bit of off the cuff commentary.

What i meant was common courtesy as we can't have World Leaders behaving like schmucks in public while addressing World Issuses which is different than Elections.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Right. So the OP is a crock of ... Glad we agree.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yeah kinda like the comments on this forum right.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Yeah kinda like the comments on this forum right.

Elaborate, because Obama had 8 years to fix some of this stuff, but what I see now is the house needs paint, the pipes are leaking and the furnace is broke. Trump is already ahead of the failed 8 years of Obama.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join