It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Grey Fox' and the hunt for Saddam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I was just hitting some of my regular sites when I ran across a few article's of interest but one kind of stuck out more than the others. The 'Hunt' to find Saddam.....dead or alive.

The first article:

www.observer.co.uk...

This article states that last night, Saturday night, the human remain's from a Hellfire strike (I'm assuming from a unmanned 'predator' aircraft) were analyzed to see if the remain's were those of Saddam.

The second article, that caught my interest, is:
www.observer.co.uk...

This article speaks of the main 'special' unit trying to find Saddam. The 'Grey Fox' is the most secretive military unit in the US armed forces. They are not the only 'special' or elite units looking for him; you have the SAS, CIA, and M16 teams. These units have also contributed to hunting the notorious 'Top 52' most wanted in Iraq.

The question that really comes to mind is this:

Other than the reasons given by the article for getting Saddam, why is 'getting him' so paramount to the overall operations in Iraq? What is the 'REAL' purpose and reason(s)? Wouldn't the time these units are spending in trying to find Saddam be better utilized elsewhere....like in the search for finding those 'hidden/buried' locations of WMD?

I might be missing something here but I thought Saddam wasn't a 'concern'?!

regards
seekerof

Ash

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Interesting stuff. I have never heard of this "Grey Fox" business. Anyone else have any info on this?

As for the hunt for Saddam being justified. I am of the opinion that they see it as another egg in the basket that they don't have. First Bin laden, now WMD's, now Saddam. Next it will probably be the heads of Iran. Of course this will only come after months of weapons inspections, then the US saying they are still hiding them. Please replay the Iraq conflict to see what will happen then.

Ok that's all from me. I hate to be abrasive to anyone at this point since I am still a newb.

new topics

join