It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

he's a white male, voted for Hillary. she's a black woman, voted for Trump.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
and i couldn't agree with them both more.

spread it.

twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Bull shine.

Here's the thing, I totally agree with the pragmatic approach this fellow is taking, but calling that lady commenter out on her use of the term fascism, is fallacious.

She is not saying that Trump won by intimidation, by ballot stuffing or by military take over. She is saying that she sees the writing on the wall, and believes that what it is telling her and anyone who has eyeballs good enough to see with, is that something dark and sinister is coming that will tear the nation she lives in and loves apart, destroy the very core of what she believes makes her country a great place to live, and I can totally see why she is saying that.

Why do I say that? Because the rhetoric which got Trump elected has already had extremely negative consequences, less than 24 hours after his victory was announced, racially motivated crime went up by a metric ass ton, with assaults, vandalism, people being threatened at gun point because of the colour of their skin, his VP has been telling anyone who will listen that using the fully Republican senate, congress and every other bloody thing, they are going to overturn a bunch of protections that people have fought long and hard for, destroy LGBT rights, and hump the first amendment half to death by choking the freedom of the press, and limiting the liberty of Muslims by forcing them to register, preventing them from accessing the nation and a whole heap of other regressive nonsense that NO one ought to support.

THOSE things ARE text book fascism, and you know what else is textbook fascism? Absolutely text book fascism? Any situation that sees corporate power married too closely with government power is fascistic in nature, and you can look that definition up for yourself. I am not saying that would be any different if Hillary won, because it would not, she is terrible too. But ignoring the problem is not going to make it stop being a problem. Neville Chamberlain thought that would work, and that is why Churchill, for all that he was a rotten Tory bastard, became the hero of the hour, because he at least had a plan to deal with the REALITY of fascism rising in Europe.

You have something like it knocking on your door now, and denial might be more comfortable than facing the truth, but it's not going to save your nation or your life, so take the blinkers off, and get motivated.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Why do I say that? Because the rhetoric which got Trump elected has already had extremely negative consequences, less than 24 hours after his victory was announced, racially motivated crime went up by a metric ass ton, with assaults, vandalism, people being threatened at gun point because of the colour of their skin, his VP has been telling anyone who will listen that using the fully Republican senate, congress and every other bloody thing, they are going to overturn a bunch of protections that people have fought long and hard for, destroy LGBT rights, and hump the first amendment half to death by choking the freedom of the press, and limiting the liberty of Muslims by forcing them to register, preventing them from accessing the nation and a whole heap of other regressive nonsense that NO one ought to support.

I think you're slightly wrong here. The rhetoric that got Trump elected is the same rhetoric the media refused to report on. The rhetoric you are denouncing here, and the same rhetoric that people now protest against in many US cities, is the same rhetoric that has been decisively selected through contextomy, quote-mining, misrepresentation, by a media class that has been proven to resort to anti-democratic, fascist tactics, that would make any totalitarian regime proud.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Again bull crap.

Either he did or did not say that he wanted Muslims registered. If he wanted that at all, he is everything I said he is and so are his policies. It does not matter why he says he wants it, it does not matter how he says he wants it done, that he wants it at all proves the point. The same goes for the other things I mentioned.

Put another way, if it is possible to question these things at all, if they fell out of his mouth for ANY reason and in ANY context, then that is a massive problem, because they are things that should never happen under any pretext, for any reason.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Bull shine.

Here's the thing, I totally agree with the pragmatic approach this fellow is taking, but calling that lady commenter out on her use of the term fascism, is fallacious.

She is not saying that Trump won by intimidation, by ballot stuffing or by military take over. She is saying that she sees the writing on the wall, and believes that what it is telling her and anyone who has eyeballs good enough to see with, is that something dark and sinister is coming that will tear the nation she lives in and loves apart, destroy the very core of what she believes makes her country a great place to live, and I can totally see why she is saying that.

THOSE things ARE text book fascism, and you know what else is textbook fascism? Absolutely text book fascism? Any situation that sees corporate power married too closely with government power is fascistic in nature, and you can look that definition up for yourself. I am not saying that would be any different if Hillary won, because it would not, she is terrible too. But ignoring the problem is not going to make it stop being a problem. Neville Chamberlain thought that would work, and that is why Churchill, for all that he was a rotten Tory bastard, became the hero of the hour, because he at least had a plan to deal with the REALITY of fascism rising in Europe.

You have something like it knocking on your door now, and denial might be more comfortable than facing the truth, but it's not going to save your nation or your life, so take the blinkers off, and get motivated.

I mean this in the most polite way possible. You have no idea WTF you are talking about.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Again bull crap.

Either he did or did not say that he wanted Muslims registered. If he wanted that at all, he is everything I said he is and so are his policies. It does not matter why he says he wants it, it does not matter how he says he wants it done, that he wants it at all proves the point. The same goes for the other things I mentioned.

Put another way, if it is possible to question these things at all, if they fell out of his mouth for ANY reason and in ANY context, then that is a massive problem, because they are things that should never happen under any pretext, for any reason.

You're a true brit and it shows, By your complete ignorance of US politics. EVERYONE in the US has to 'be registered' whether born here or not.

You have provided no proof of your alleged "metric ass ton" of ramped up racially motivated violence (unless youre talking about the violence induced by the civil unrest sparked from the group youre defending), so prove it. And please don't insult intelligence by using the BBC or Daily Mail as YOUR reference.

Show the Gun point threatening because of the color of their skin.

Destroy LGBT rights? Excuse me but what RIGHTS do they need to have other than the ability to exist? I'm pretty certain I don't have any ancillary "Heterosexual" rights that I'm decrying a loss of.

Prove choking freedom of the press; its ok I know you cant.

edit on 10-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

ETA: Here, while youre at it, have a inner-city look at the people you're defending. You don't see ANY Trump supporters doing this crap:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I mean this in the most polite way possible. You have no idea WTF you are talking about.

Yes he does. As I listen to the AM radio conservative talk shows, It sounds very Fascist. Even here on ATS the talk of
retaliation against BLM is apparent. Pandora's box has been opened....Something evil this way comes.

edit on 10-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Yes he does. As I listen to the AM radio conservative talk shows, It sounds very Fascist. Even here on ATS the talk of
retaliation against BLM is apparent.

I missed those threads about retaliation against BLM...can you link em so we can all go show them the error of their ways?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

retaliation against BLM is apparent.

I missed those threads about retaliation against BLM...can you link em so we can all go show them the error of their ways?

Not complete threads, posts.....

I don't think the blacks understand that a lot of people have been waiting a while to take out the trash. So keep it up and give us this excuse we're waiting for, see how that goes for you.

Just wait until law and order Trump takes office. These degenerates will get put down and their ghetto droned within 24 hours. No more bs.

How would a race war of the whites who control everything versus the blacks who can't find a way to make it out the ghetto go?? How will a war of 70% the population versus 30% end?? I'm also on the affluent side of the tracks and I'll tell you there's a lot of people itching to fire things up. Trump is an outright rejection of all things black lives matter.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Either he did or did not say that he wanted Muslims registered.

He did not say. Again, you've been feeding on nothing but misrepresentation and contextomy, and the result is misinformation, misguided anger, and irrational fear.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yea but you said it's apparent - single inncidents of racism or racially motivated hyperbole does not make it apparent, at least not to me because honestly, until you mentioned it, I had seen VERY few posts with respect to BLM and this election.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Yea but you said it's apparent - single inncidents of racism or racially motivated hyperbole does not make it apparent, at least not to me because honestly, until you mentioned it, I had seen VERY few posts with respect to BLM and this election.

That's why I said Pandora's box has been opened. This is just the beginning.

Have you been listening to Jones or Savage? Something evil this way comes.....

How are you going to handle it? I don't think marginalizing it or sweeping it under the rug is going to work this time.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is pathetic. There is no racial divide here... Just a bunch of Americans sick of the elite

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

retaliation against BLM is apparent. Pandora's box has been opened....Something evil this way comes.

Its coming anyway. Has little to do with who is presiding the oval office.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Perhaps but Trump will be the catalyst. Sh!t just got real this time, amigo.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

That's why I said Pandora's box has been opened. This is just the beginning.

Have you been listening to Jones or Savage? Something evil this way comes.....

How are you going to handle it? I don't think marginalizing it or sweeping it under the rug is going to work this time.

No, I haven't been listening to either one as I prefer to insulate myself from people with any clear biases.

Are you looking for a concession that people are mad? Sure i'll give you that, there are angry people out there.

However, marginalizing something is far different from sweeping it under the rug. One has merit if something is only of marginal concern, while the other shows a disregard for an issue in general. So, yes I think something should be marginalized if it's a second or tertiary concern, nationally...and at this point a group of people being upset with the outcome of any election on any given year is a no-brainer, so letting the boiling water cool-off makes sense. Yet, am I willing to ignore the frustrations of the same group? Of course not...but like ANYTHING in life, the stock market, a war, a baseball game, there ARE winners and there ARE losers, no matter what the PC crowd wants us to embrace.... (little league games where everyone has to win FFS, talk about unrealistic)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Perhaps but Trump will be the catalyst. Sh!t just got real this time, amigo.

In my experience bullies don't need much of an excuse to bully. In fact, if you don;t stop it you're going to get it, this is for your own good and look at what you made me do, are their main stays.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
i see this has sparked a discussion, and i'm glad it did.

from where i stand (and i'm not a US citizen, nor am i living in the USA, so my view may be different), it doesn't look like Trump is supporting the racial division. one could perhaps argue that he contributes to it, but that's not the case imho, and let me explain why.

BLM are as much a problem as white racist males, and as KKK. now, i'm not saying they're all racist - far from it - but, quite obviously, many of them are. you just don't see nearly that much hatred and violence spread by other groups. all lives matter, and making a distinction when it comes to your race, only contributes to the problem at hand. it's a BS ideology spread by SJW (again, imho), the same SJW that spread the ideology allowing gays and transgenders to feel special. i have nothing against gays, i have nothing against transgenders and i have nothing against black people. they are all normal people. but "normal" isn't enough for them, they want to feel special, and special treatment sooner or later leads to a sense of superiority. what are the results of that - alphabetaone posted a youtube clip already. that's not how people wanting to feel equal act.

and as far as that clip goes - not trying to defend those posting racist crap that was quoted in this thread - those folks were acting like a bunch of criminals. i get it, they're poor, living in ghettos, they see no future for themselves. still, that doesn't justify violence and criminal behaviour. as soon as they're on that path, they're acting like trash - so is it really so surprising some people are treating them as such?

and in my opinion, Trump sees that problem, and wants to solve it - but not by force. all they need is a good job to get their dignity back. of course, some of them living on social money and unwilling to work, may be against such solution - but that's another story. same thing happens in Europe, with immigrants from Syria (most from north Africa, actually). all they want is free cash.

the bottom line is, USA needs to solve its economic BS, because only then those that feel left out, regardless of their race, will be able to live a happy life and get their dignity back. unfortunately, there's a huge bunch of SJWs and BLM supporters, that clinge to every single false statement about Trump spread by Hillary and the media, and are spreading doom and gloom right now, causing protests and civil unrest. i've even created another thread earlier about that issue alone, because there's a huge bunch of celebrities doing that exact thing. maybe it's personal for them and they're just stupid and unaware of their influence, but it certainly looks like someone wants this # to hit the fan. it's not Donald Trump though. if anyone, it's the government, because it may give them the perfect excuse for a martial law.

so yeah, the USA is focusing on the wrong side of the coin right now. you have far more pressing concerns, yet you fight with each other because someone said that Trump said some thing or some other thing, because SJWs and BLM are playing victims as always and are using Trump as an excuse to create chaos, because someone - that someone saying what Trump said, that someone supporting SJWs and BLM - is playing you all into starting a civil war. is that what you want?
edit on 10/11/2016 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamsteris playing you all into starting a civil war. is that what you want?

It's not what (those of us who actually employ intellect over emotion) want. Those of us who have partaken in and have experienced real war want.

No matter Bill Maher's leanings, when speaking upon religion and atheism, says it perfectly when he says "No no no no no no no....you don't get to put your non-reason up here on the shelf with our reason" - to the racially charged on both sides I say precisely the same thing.

Yet, it may be easy (especially during this transition period) to relegate the issue of wealth gap and intolerance and the suite of anamolies that have been lain at the doorstep of the Presidency as having occurred in the recent past, but it's not that simple. This (even the prospect of civil war) has been brewing for quite sometime and like Yellowstone, the question wont be if but when.

<<   2  3 >>

join