It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Friendly Advice For Clinton Supporters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well, the 2016 election is history now, and the winner has been decided. Come next January, barring some major catastrophe, Mr. Trump will become the 45th President of the United States.

Here are some pieces of advice that might make the situation better for everybody:

1) Don't pre-judge the man. Let him present his policies and address those policies based on what they are. To pre-judge his every move and motive without any real evidence is short sighted and does nobody any good.

2) Don't have your senior Senator publicly declare that the only goal of the Democrats in the Senate is to have Trump be a one-term President. There are real issues to be faced in this country and having the Senate be focused on only one thing is not in the country's best interest. Your Senators have a job to do and they should be doing that job, not whining all the time.

3) Don't gather on inauguration day and establish an agreement to obstruct everything Trump does, without any regard to what he's trying to do. That is plain stupid.

4) Let the man speak. He has a hard job and is required by law to present various pieces of information to the country, some of which has to happen at a specific time. For crying out loud, let him speak and don't shout interruptions from the gallery. That is asinine behavior and makes you look like a fool.

5) He is human so will make mistakes, or he might promote policies you find distasteful. So you may want to criticize him. In that case, at least make your criticism about something he has actually done. Don't just make stuff up and pretend it's real and repeat it ad nauseum. That makes you look stupid.

5a) There have been questions raised about his hair. Unless some actual real evidence comes along to provide at least some support for these questions, don't act like they mean anything. Any nitwit can make stuff up and "raise a question" - that does not mean all such questions deserve the breath to respond to them.

5b) There have been questions raised about his marital fidelity. Again, unless there is some evidence to support these questions, and unless these questions have direct impact on the country, they are none of your business. His personal life remains his business, not yours.

6) Try to stay focused on what is relevant. He has not provided the customary reports of the details of his financial situation, and given that he is an international business man, that information actually is relevant. If he has deep financial ties to groups like Daesh, we as his employers have the right to know that. But try to stay out of the made-up gibberish. (And note - this item talking about possible ties to Daesh does not indicate there are any such ties. That is made up for the purposes of this item. So don't spend any time on that.). Where he went to school as a child, or what church he may or may not attend DOES NOT MATTER.

The country and the world is in for some interesting times. Who knows, maybe President Trump will not be so bad. But at least try to stay rooted in some kind of actual reality when you criticize him. Otherwise, you will all look really stupid and petty and like a bunch of spoiled brats.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic
I understand not pre-judging someone, but it says a lot to me that we have to sit around and ponder among ourselves what his policies are even after he's been elected president.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I have been watching from the beginning the welcoming of Trump to Washington and so far I am completely surprised, the Trump that just met with the sitting president and the one walking the halls of capitol hill is a completely different man than the one during the presidential campaign.

I wonder, if the man we got to know as petulant, big mouthed and arrogant is the same man that is now in Washington getting to know his new home.

He is soft spoken, gracious, serious and apologetic.

Please can somebody slap me, this is a totally new side of Mr. Trump the president elect ready to start working on key issue, compare to Mr. Trump the business man that was all for the money.

He may surprise all of us.

edit on 10-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I see what you did there OP. Very clever.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I have been watching from the beginning the welcoming of Trump to Washington and so far I am completely surprised, the Trump that just met with the sitting president and the one walking the halls of capitol hill is a completely different man than the one during the presidential campaign.

The above may backfire on him if he becomes too much different than the campaigning Trump everyone got to know.

Let's face some facts here, the Trump "everyone knew" is the one that got elected despite overwhelming odds.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

That has become and issue, people liked the big mouthed trump the petulant trump the arrogant trump, but we need to understand that is a time to play devil advocate and another to be serious, Americas presidential term is not the time to be a devils advocate is the time to really been serious.

So I wonder.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Some Friendly Advice For Clinton Supporters
Stop your bitching!

Hillary would have been mired in a legal mess for years.
She is a lawbreaker, possible pedophile and a probable suspect in several murder cases in which she either gave the order, gave her blessing or just plain helped to cover up.

Becoming President might have got her off Scott free of all that but she does not deserve to be free of her crimes and she certainly des not deserve to be President of the United States.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

That has become and issue, people liked the big mouthed trump the petulant trump the arrogant trump, but we need to understand that is a time to play devil advocate and another to be serious, Americas presidential term is not the time to be a devils advocate is the time to really been serious.

So I wonder.

Oh I agree! Completely. But I think others may twist it to see it as "See?!?! he's as much establishment as anyone else has ever been, and now were the worse off for it!"

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I agree, but what can a person do in Washington, you either with the system within the system of face to be alienated completely.

I guess we have 4 years to find out.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I feel like you're wasting your breath on this "tolerant" group. I expect more of the nasty, hateful, violent action and rhetoric they employed during the entire campaign.

They practice absolutely nothing they claim to stand for.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Best advice????

Buy Kleenex with aloe, it will help ease the rawness from crying.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

That's great advice, but will the blathering brainwashed take heed?
We as Americans just spent eight (approximately) years with the exiting administration. In the beginning of that administration did anyone protest then?
If there were it must have slipped past me...or maybe I was on a drunk.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Good sentiments but mainstream liberal media wont follow them we already have Madcow on MSNBC calling for riots which is a Federal offence,Jones talking on CNN about racial nonsense and Soros stirring up a stink,these people dont know how to lose gracefully.I truly hope that if the media doesn't become part of the solution that the American public scorns them and that they become an irrelevence.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The only question I have about his hair, was IT born in the United States?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
The only question I have about his hair, was IT born in the United States?

His hair looks multi-national, but don't quote me.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I understand not pre-judging someone, but it says a lot to me that we have to sit around and ponder among ourselves what his policies are even after he's been elected president.

"Sometimes we have to elect someone President to find out what their policies will be."

- Nancy Pelosi (Paraphrased)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: underwerks

"Sometimes we have to elect someone President to find out what their policies will be."

- Nancy Pelosi (Paraphrased)

Exactly. It wasn't right then, it's not right now. That quote about how bills are passed is what my thinking inevitably comes back to every time I ponder who the he## just got elected to the white house.

As bad as that is in lawmaking, It's a whole different beast when that applies to the Presidential election.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

He should have waited a bit to see Obama. This was a stupid thing to do so early. His advisers or he himself really needs to get their head out of the azz as fast a possible.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Good catch...

This country is in pretty deep trouble, in my (and many others') opinion, and whether any one of us wanted Trump as President or not (I did not) is kind of beside the point now. There were many actions taken in the 2008-2016 timeframe that were damaging to the country and based on 3rd-grader mentality. Given that this was in the past, not much we can do about it now. Those that participated are hopefully embarrassed at themselves, but the main thing now is to move on and make the best of the situation. We are in trouble, but we are also, or were at one time, quite resilient. Our reaction as a nation to this latest development may indicate whether we are fit to survive or not.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

By this time in 2008 people were already claiming the economy was Obama's fault and saying, "the failed Obama presidency" before he was even sworn in.

new topics

top topics

join