It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicely Wrapped Shamelessness For Sale Here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Like I said, in a pinch, it's fine. If I didn't have neighbors who were friends and willing to help out, I would take mine to a trusted vet. My vet's office is small, I know all the people on a first name basis. They have cared for more than a dozen of my beloved pets over the 25 years I've known them.

THOSE PEOPLE deserve a gift of this sort.....

But not a randomly assigned catsitter. I understand. When rarely I've had to "board" my pets, no. But my regular vet? Heck yes! Appreciation!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Then one needs to wonder....if I click here...will there be a list? A grid that says: for your dogwalker, start here.

For babysitters, start here.
Mailman here.
Butcher here.
Doorman here.
Grocer here.
Mother here.
Sister in law here
Bus Driver
Seamstress
Launderers
Landscapers
Contractor
FedEx guy
Lunch lady
Valet
Bartender...

erm.....what else........
oh! oh oh!!!

Congressman

That's eighteen.

edit on 11/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

That feeling when you make a super good joke and nobody appreciate it

But you know who do hire people to take care of their kids from companies? Rich people, which may also be the ones that buy these kind of presents...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
How about this:

GIFTS FOR THOSE YOU DON'T KNOW WELL

Food
Medicine
Water
Housing
Education
Health Care

meh. Never mind me. Just daydreaming/meditating.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

how about, just gift cards to the movies, starbucks, mcdonalds or steak and shake???

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

how about, just gift cards to the movies, starbucks, mcdonalds or steak and shake???
Did you miss the part about how the original ad was suggesting those things for

babysitters
and
dogwalkers

in particular. As the first random "oh, I dunno who, like....babysitters and dogwalkers?" call to action.

Aimed at shoppers who would consider babysitters and dogwalkers to be barely significant PEOPLE THEY DON"T KNOW WELL.

Therein lies the rub.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
SO....... what's in THE BOX....? On Christmas, my Grandmother would leave a box with ice in it cooling Bottled Coca Cola's on top of the trash can for the trash man. I know, because I would wait to hear the big truck at the other end of the alley proceeding toward my Grandmothers . That way I could put it on the can Fresh and cold.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Trash men get beers from me, but I get OP's point, does anyone really have as shallow a relationship with their babysitter as they do their refuse collectors? Really?
I can't relate to that at all, it saddens me as I think of it.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Wow, this is incredibly strange and ignorant sentiment

I have a good friend who runs a very successful pet care company in NYC. He employs something like 30 people who help dog owners that work during the day take their dogs out for some exercise. They get paid well too. How horrible!

Are people who work not supposed to own a dog now, because they have to, god forbid it!, hire a dog walker? What a$$holes!!!

Come on- How ridiculous to think that. Or on the flip side should someone who provides a much needed service as be ashamed of this line of work? Trump, is that you?

What is wrong with you people?
edit on 10-11-2016 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

That's precisely the point. Sorry if I missed the earlier one.....thanks for being here all the same!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PhotonEffect

You have totally missed the point.

The people who care for your pet and your child are very important people. If you don't bother to get to know them well, that is not something to be proud of.

It is your attitude just now that asked should they be ashamed? Absolutely NOT. What is SHAMEFUL is people who see them as incidental participants, and think they are being "gracious" putting a trinket in the caregivers hands.....seeing it as "collateral damage" (requiring annual investment for the sake of propriety) rather than a genuine gesture of love.

Pathetic.
That you don't get that is what's bothersome, and it is what WE SEE AS wrong with YOU people.

ANYONE who is so shallow and indifferent as to fall for the click-bait this image represents is admitting that they haven't the SLIGHTEST idea what to get for a face in the workforce. A thoughtful gift is one you think up yourself, decide on, and then seek out. Using imagination and any tiny bit of a bond you have with that person.

Jesus. Otherwise, crap....just give them all a roll of luxury bathroom tissue from your personal dispensary.

But perhaps I am missing your point.
Very possibly. Still recovering from this week of hell. I hope you are faring better than I. I got some progress made on my studio room, and the yard. Mustered up the energy and wherewithall to unslump myself.

We'll all recover at different times. This is quite literally a GRIEF response in our country right now.

Deep grief, fear, and excitement all at once.

edit on 11/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

No I didn't miss the point, thank you very much. I'm not as broken up about the "gesture" gift as you are I guess.

Besides that, I wasn't addressing your post, but the post of the individual whom I directed it to. Maybe he was being facetious and I totally missed it, in which case I'll recant my entire statement. But if any lick of what he said was truthful sentiment then my statement stands.

Sorry, I'm just a little bit on edge and pissed off about other things right now.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhotonEffect

No I didn't miss the point, thank you very much. I'm not as broken up about the "gesture" gift as you are I guess.

Besides that, I wasn't addressing your post, but the post of the individual whom I directed it to. Maybe he was being facetious and I totally missed it, in which case I'll recant my entire statement. But if any lick of what he said was truthful sentiment then my statement stands.

Sorry, I'm just a little bit on edge and pissed off about other things right now.

As are we all --- on edge. Thanks for engaging though.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

dog walkers, I got no reason to know them. Oh wow they can walk a clucking dog, big whoop. Babysitters I agree, need to be very well known by the client.

My mom is a nanny for some well off folk. They have brought her to Europe on trips. They even gave her a 2000 Dodge Durango straight up. Really nice folks.

There is a distinction between nanny and baby sitter though. If we talking traditional, call you up here and there so we can go out to dinner baby sitter, I still say gift cards will due.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What I find strange is buying gifts for people you already pay to do a job? My bosses have never given me gifts.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

okay. Fair enough. I take walking a dog pretty seriously though,

unless its just some random employee at the boarding facility who does this for a living....

but a person who daily shows up to collect, take for a walk, safely return, and report back to you any unusual behavior or problems your dog has, it's the same as the difference between nanny or doggie daycare.

Children and dogs are equivalent in their neediness and intelligence. It takes a special type of person to willingly care for them. Those people are not just "here's a cheeseball" type of people. IN MY OPINION.

Yes, the labels are fluid. That acknowledged, I would not entrust my child or my dog to anyone on a daily basis who I did not know well. No way.

Again - this is all about semantics and advertising/copy-writing. I just thought it was in incredibly poor taste for a caption on the website.

But thanks.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
again, the issue is with the designation of a dogwalker or babysitter as no different from a sub-accounting clerk or a valet

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PhotonEffect

So are all of us. I've been making that point since Wednesday.
Thanks for stopping in!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join