It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Supporters Are The New PC

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Thanks a lot Obama! I mean Trump!

Feels good already

-Alee

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Did you even read what you replied to?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Did you even read what you replied to?

Of course, I quoted it. Did you read and comprehend my post?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Or you could prove that you are better than the other side and support and work with the new president to ensure that everyone has a stake in this moving forward.

End the shallow pettiness already. It's not cute anymore.

And no, I didn't vote for Trump.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
Or you could prove that you are better than the other side and support and work with the new president to ensure that everyone has a stake in this moving forward.

End the shallow pettiness already. It's not cute anymore.

And no, I didn't vote for Trump.

Not sure how much people are going to be able to "work" with Trump on his ideas, but I'm hoping for the best while preparing for the worst. I genuinely hope he is a great president. But I don't have a lot of faith.

I'd love nothing more if his rhetoric was all talk as a lot of his supporters are saying now but I just don't have enough information to make that judgment. No one really does at this point.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The desperation continues.

The Left is already setting up the 5th columns.

Yesterday we saw Obama and Clinton calling for cooperation.

And a few hours later we saw the demonstrations and protesting start full blast in the big cities.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

And anyone not leftist are stupid jerks.

You forgot that, but I thought I'd add to the central theme of the thread.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And anyone not leftist are stupid jerks.

You forgot that, but I thought I'd add to the central theme of the thread.

Not at all. I'm not saying conservatives are stupid jerks or trying to demean them in any way. Just that with Trump's win they're the establishment now. What is the ruling party of this country if not the establishment?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

It's all about "identity politics" to many, isn't it.

Trust me, you can still be anti-establishment and not be a leftist.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I completely agree. I should have been clearer in the OP and wrote "Trump Supporters" instead of conservatives. I apologize for making a blanket statement. Not all conservatives support Trump.
edit on 10-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

ETA: Thanks for pointing that out. I changed the OP title to reflect it.

edit on 10-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Thank you conservatives. One of the things that annoyed me most when talking to people about politics was the propensity to be labeled "PC" for having left leaning ideas.

Not anymore.

On January 20th, you become the establishment. You become the new "PC". Once Trump put's his hand on the bible you turn into everything you rallied against.

Again. Thank you for that.

It's going to feel good to be anti-establishment again.

You must not understand what politically correct means. This junk was never an issue or talked about until obama was elected. You're gonna have to try harder to make yourself feel better about Trump's victory.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

hahaha

I voted for Trump.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to give him a pass on anything.

We saw too much of that with Obama where just because they voted for him, they felt they needed to defend everything he did.

I, and I assume many, will be his harshest critics, even though we voted for him.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare

What? PC does not equate to establishment.

It always has. Only in people's rush to make it a left bashing phrase do people forget what it really means and did mean before Obama became president.

Political correctness - agreeing with the idea that people should be careful to not use language or behave in a way that could offend a particular group of people.

Calling a fat girl, fat, is politically incorrect. That's not going to change with Trump's presidency. That same people that didn't care before, won't care now. Hopefully the whole "PC" thing dies out. It's stupid and only divides the country while heightening the sensitivity of emotional people. Doing away with PC will help them cope with life as their skins begins to thicken.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I love dissecting new presidents once they get their cabinet elected, that is the best part of talking about politics.

I agree with you.

Trump may surprised us or he will become just like the career politicians, I can not wait to see what is in the box of chocolates.

But darn I want to hear him say "You are fired" when he is president.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I completely agree. I should have been clearer in the OP and wrote "Trump Supporters" instead of conservatives. I apologize for making a blanket statement. Not all conservatives support Trump.

ETA: Thanks for pointing that out. I changed the OP title to reflect it.

And not all Trump supporters are conservative.

Many are hoping to get some of that change they were promised a while back.

edit on 10-11-2016 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: LSU0408

It predates Obama.

I should have said "widely" talked about... First time I remember this becoming a big deal was back in 2008 when Wanda Sykes started the "Think Before You Speak" campaign. The commercials always featured something stupid happening and a guy saying "That's so gay."

This was hardly ever discussed at a national level before that, to my knowledge.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

hahaha

I voted for Trump.

We saw too much of that with Obama where just because they voted for him, they felt they needed to defend everything he did.

I, and I assume many, will be his harshest critics, even though we voted for him.

I'll second this... The first step was to get him elected, the next will be to make sure he does what he told us he would do. I've been a very harsh critic about the Congress we elected, and I'll be a harsh critic towards Trump. My main reason for that is because I want to see him succeed, but if he doesn't, I won't vote for him in 2020.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

On January 20th, you become the establishment. You become the new "PC". Once Trump put's his hand on the bible you turn into everything you rallied against.

Trump supporters are the Neo-Bolsheviks

Let's see if they show more restraint now than they promised us during the campaign

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

hahaha

I voted for Trump.

Same here....

He will have to prove himself before I call him.....My President.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join