It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Supporters Are The New PC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thank you Trump supporters. One of the things that annoyed me most when talking to people about politics was the propensity to be labeled "PC" for having left leaning ideas.

Not anymore.

On January 20th, you become the establishment. You become the new "PC". Once Trump put's his hand on the bible you turn into everything you rallied against.

Again. Thank you for that.

It's going to feel good to be anti-establishment again.

edit on 10-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm not sure that the definition of PC changes with presidents.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Left right, both sides of the same coin. We are given the illusion of choice and every eight years we 'switch sides'.

He's just one guy, the only thing thats changed is the label.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
and, what's better is that we can blame them for every bad thing that happens in the country, regardless of the facts that indicate the problems were present and festering long before he came into office...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
and, what's better is that we can blame them for every bad thing that happens in the country, regardless of the facts that indicate the problems were present and festering long before he came into office...

You blamed them for everything anyway even while Obama was in office for 8 years.

That's all liberals do, blame other people. I'm glad you are able to realize that now.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
I'm not sure that the definition of PC changes with presidents.

It changes with the establishment. When repubs are in the white house what's "politically correct" will be the conservative slant on things.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

What? PC does not equate to establishment.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You should at least argue why instead of making baseless claims.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare

What? PC does not equate to establishment.

It always has. Only in people's rush to make it a left bashing phrase do people forget what it really means and did mean before Obama became president.

link   
Honestly, I personally dislike this framing and approach.

For the past eight years I've raged against people who were being obtuse and obstructionist simply for the sake of doing so - or doing so purely out of political spite and with political motives.

The idea of doing so now, myself, simply because I can is not at all appealing.

I myself won't be attacking conservatives nor Trump just because they're conservatives or Trump. That's not principled or moral at all. If I agree with them, I'll say so. If I disagree, I'll say so as well.

That's not to say I won't fight viciously - I'll just make sure I fight properly.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You should at least argue why instead of making baseless claims.

I thought this was the mud-pit

link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

ya, sure... if you say so....
but, for your information....
hillary was not fighting isis all her life...
obama didn't come up with idea of bailing out the banks...
and iraq decided that they didn't want our troops in their country unless they were answerable to the iraqi courts....
which, I imagine, bush's policies on torture had alot to do with that position!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It's not the poorly-made argument pit.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

So you think that as soon as trump is sworn in, suddenly all conservatives become "pc"?

I think your a little confused, someone being politically correct has nothing to do with what party happens to be in office. It describes policy and points of view that do not target specific groups of people.

From wiki:
"The term political correctness (adjectivally: politically correct; commonly abbreviated to PC),[1] in modern usage, is used to describe language, policies, or measures that are intended primarily not to offend or disadvantage any particular group of people in society. "

For example, if Trump came out after being signed in and says "all Muslims are terrorists" (not that he would) this would still be considered politically incorrect. It doesn't suddenly become pc because he holds office.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I tend to think of PC more as being dictated by cultural and/or conventional expectations.
edit on 10-11-2016 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Honestly, I personally dislike this framing and approach.

For the past eight years I've raged against people who were being obtuse and obstructionist simply for the sake of doing so - or doing so purely out of political spite and with political motives.

The idea of doing so now, myself, simply because I can is not at all appealing.

I myself won't be attacking conservatives nor Trump just because they're conservatives or Trump. That's not principled or moral at all. If I agree with them, I'll say so. If I disagree, I'll say so as well.

That's not to say I won't fight viciously - I'll just make sure I fight properly.

I agree. I just wanted to offer a little perspective on the phrase at this point after the election. If Trump does some things I can support, I'll support him 100%. I'll also call out his gaffs when given a chance.

I don't think a lot of people understand the fluidity of the terms they throw around like they're carved in stone. I'll admit it's petty, but thats what the mud-pit is for.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
PC has nothing to do with establishment...

Google is your friend...

-Chris

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It's not the poorly-made argument pit.

What mud pit have you been reading lately?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I suppose we can thank Liberals from not being able to make an argument.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

So you think that as soon as trump is sworn in, suddenly all conservatives become "pc"?

I think your a little confused, someone being politically correct has nothing to do with what party happens to be in office. It describes policy and points of view that do not target specific groups of people.

From wiki:
"The term political correctness (adjectivally: politically correct; commonly abbreviated to PC),[1] in modern usage, is used to describe language, policies, or measures that are intended primarily not to offend or disadvantage any particular group of people in society. "

For example, if Trump came out after being signed in and says "all Muslims are terrorists" (not that he would) this would still be considered politically incorrect. It doesn't suddenly become pc because he holds office.

Exactly. And now the people in society whose feelings will have to be tip-toed around regarding policy are the far right.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join