It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Protesting Liberals In America

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

If Trump achieves anything like what he promised then great times really are ahead for America.

How will we pay for all of it if he lowers taxes? People didn't seem to think about that. He promised us the world, but failed to mention how it would be paid for.

By the way, no one is free to do whatever they choose with their own body.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. Individual freedoms are difficult for some to comprehend.

We'll see how he does. Speculation that he won't or can't is pretty pointless at this stage.

To your second point, it's less about my feelings and more about the law.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

We'll see how he does. Speculation that he won't or can't is pretty pointless at this stage.

Just going off of what he said during his campaign. It's sad that instead of asking these questions before we put him in office, too many people simply said "we'll see how he does".

And now one of the biggest decisions made by our legal system that gave women the right to make decisions about their body may be in danger of being overturned.

At least, if you believe Trump and the Republicans.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto
Why should we wait? We've listened to the racist and xenophobic bull# he's been peddling for a year now. I'm old fashioned, I take a man at his word. No we will not wait, we will fight him every step of the way so long as we draw breath on this earth. You guys had no respect for Obama. McConnell said from day one that his goal was to make Obama a one term President. Respect is earned, not given, and Karma's a bitch...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Congress was never intended to be a rubber stamp for the sitting President.

There's a reason it's called checks and balances, not oh let's just go along with the guy in the big oval office.

Advise and consent. They're only obstructionist is you, or I, don't happen to agree with 'em. He could have tried a judge that was a bit more centrist, couldn't he?

link   

originally posted by: Vdogg
a reply to: Substracto
Why should we wait? We've listened to the racist and xenophobic bull# he's been peddling for a year now. I'm old fashioned, I take a man at his word. No we will not wait, we will fight him every step of the way so long as we draw breath on this earth. You guys had no respect for Obama. McConnell said from day one that his goal was to make Obama a one term President. Respect is earned, not given, and Karma's a bitch...

You bring up a very good point.

The Democrats are generally much more willing to compromise to get things accomplished, just like what Obama and the Dems did with the ACA. The Republicans are known for being do-nothing obstructionists that go with the "my way or the highway" approach.

link   

Just going off of what he said during his campaign. It's sad that instead of asking these questions before we put him in office, too many people simply said "we'll see how he does".

And now one of the biggest decisions made by our legal system that gave women the right to make decisions about their body may be in danger of being overturned.

Hmm, paying for his plans has been discussed at length for those willing to look.
You are applying a double standard. How many of the 60m people who voted for Hillary do you think had detailed knowledge of her policies?

If the laws on abortion are over turned then that will be the new law, as implemented under your system of govt.
The next 30-40 years will be a conservative Supreme Court, so I expect more conservative laws to be passed over the next few years.
edit on 10/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Yes, and if it is over turned then that will be the new law, as implemented under your system of govt.
The next 30-40 years will be a conservative Supreme Court, so I expect ore conservative laws to be passed over the next few years.

Correct. Laws that stand to be the antithesis of constitutional principles and freedom.

Authoritarianism.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Yes, and if it is over turned then that will be the new law, as implemented under your system of govt.
The next 30-40 years will be a conservative Supreme Court, so I expect ore conservative laws to be passed over the next few years.

Correct. Laws that stand to be the antithesis of constitutional principles and freedom.

Authoritarianism.

Many laws are authoritarian, including many current ones. If you are referring to Authoritarianism in terms of the way a govt is run, then no, passing a law through a democratic process is not authoritarian.
edit on 10/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It's one thing to review the guy's qualifications, then vote no based on them. This Congress refused to even review or vote on the nominee, so I don't see how his qualifications even came into play here.

My main point in that post was to counter the other poster's claim that Obama didn't do enough to get his nominee appointed.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well, screw gay people then. All the rights they've earned go right out the window. Might as well go ahead and divorce the person they love because some theocratic Christian has decided that they know best. Screw women too, because a man has every right to determine what they do with their bodies. Let's s not even talk about Muslims, because Christianity is the one true religion, constitution be damned. But hey, if you're a straight white male then everything is awesome!

edit on 10-11-2016 by Vdogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Authoritarianism.

Many laws are authoritarian, including many current ones. If you are referring to Authoritarian in terms of the way a govt is run, then no, passing a law through a democratic process is not authoritarian.

favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom

That's the definition of authoritarian.

If the Republicans use their power as the majority in congress to force women to obey their religious beliefs, taking that freedom from them, then it would be the very definition of authoritarian.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismir
They really should protest against the media. It's them who portraited a wrong picture preventing the mobilization of people who are against Trump. The media's play backfired on them greatly.

so what your saying, it didn't matter what the "liberal" media said, trump won...so, if the left-wing media was so influential, why didn't Hillary win?........you can't have it both ways

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The Democrats are generally much more willing to compromise to get things accomplished, just like what Obama and the Dems did with the ACA.

hahahahahaha
your in one of those recreational use states arent you

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

The Democrats are generally much more willing to compromise to get things accomplished, just like what Obama and the Dems did with the ACA.

hahahahahaha
your in one of those recreational use states arent you

Would you like to add something constructive to the conversation, or is this just a drive-by?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

who voted for the aca genius?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

who voted for the aca genius?

Exactly my point.

The Democrats compromised on the ACA with the Republicans, like removing the single-payer/public option, and then the Republicans went back to their obstructionist roots when it came time for a vote.
edit on 10-11-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Authoritarianism.

Many laws are authoritarian, including many current ones. If you are referring to Authoritarian in terms of the way a govt is run, then no, passing a law through a democratic process is not authoritarian.

favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom

That's the definition of authoritarian.

If the Republicans use their power as the majority in congress to force women to obey their religious beliefs, taking that freedom from them, then it would be the very definition of authoritarian.

So? Then every govt in the world is authoritarian and the US always has been.
The Republican majority is there because that is who the people want as their representatives.

Of course, anyone who cares to research the true definition of an authoritarian govt will quickly realise that the US system of govt would not be classed as such.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
These people need to wait and let the man reach the office, they arent even giving him a chance to work...

I don't think you understand. These protests ARE his work. He's been working on hate, anger, and division his entire campaign.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

In short, it's ok as long as the party I like is in power.

Not surprised.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

a compromise means both give

had the dems compromised AT LEAST 1 gop would have voted for it

the aca got 0 gop votes in either house
not a compromise

and you used it as an example of COMPROMISE

rec state right?

new topics

top topics