It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robin Hood - The Tales of Ramayana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Robin Hood [1] is a heroic outlaw in English folklore who, according to legend;" Was a highly skilled archer and swordsman". Traditionally depicted as being dressed in Lincoln green [2] , he is often portrayed as "Robbing from the rich and giving to the poor" alongside his band of Merry Men [3] . Robin Hood became a popular folk figure in the late-medieval period.

Ballads and Tales

The first clear reference to "Rhymes of Robin Hood" is from the c. 1377 and the poem;" Piers Plowman [4]", but the earliest surviving copies of the narrative ballads that tell his story date to the second half of 15th century (i.e. the 1400s), or the first decade of the 16th century (1500s).

The basic similarity then, of Rama [5] and Robin, as archer heroes exiled to the forest, may reflect an ancient Proto-Indo-European [6] myth.

The story of Robin Hood has many parallels around the world in myth, folklore and mythology. One of the most strikingly similar stories is the Ramayana [7], the sacred tale of the adventures of the Hindu lord Rama, an avatar (human incarnation) of the god Krishna. ( All books can be found by clicking this link [....] )

Rama was a crown prince who was wrongly exiled to the forest for fourteen years. He was a skilled archer who won his wife's hand by proving his skill with the bow. His beautiful wife Sita [8] and his loyal brother Lakshmana [9] accompanied him into the forest in exile, where they lived by hunting game. Sita was abducted by a monster and Rama was aided in rescuing her by a monkey named Hanuman [10], a servant of the monkey king. In return, Rama helped the deposed king of the monkeys reclaim his throne from a usurper brother. [.....]

From this synopsis, we can see the structural parallels with the Robin Hood story. Robin, the outlaw archer, banished to the forest, like Rama, is accompanied by his wife Marian (from the early 16th century at least) and his loyal lieutenant (and, in a 17th century version, cousin) Little John. In many of the later romances, Marian is abducted by the sheriff or his men and must be rescued.

An equally compelling candidate for a Robin prototype within the Germanic pantheon is Woden's rival (or sometimes son) Ull (also known as Hollin, Holler, Oller, Uller or Vulder). He is the Norse god of archery, and the personification of Winter. According to some versions of the Norse myths, each summer, Ull must descend to Hel so that Odin, in his role of Summer King, can govern the weather. Ull is sometimes portrayed as the husband of the giantess Skadi, another personification of Summer; elsewhere he is one of the lovers of Frigga, the goddess of love and beauty.

A serpent came crawling (but) it destroyed no one
when Woden took nine twigs of glory,
(and) then struck the adder so that it flew into nine (pieces).
There archived apple and poison
that it never would re-enter the house

Robin Hood, as a Year God, thus takes on attributes of both Odin and Ull, playing both the Summer King and the Winter King, and wins the love of the Summer Queen, or Queen of the May, Marian.

Some other Stuff - S.O.S

In the middle of the 16th century, Sir William St Clair, grandson of the chapel builder, allowed gypsies to live in a part of Rosslyn Castle, but also intervened to save a gypsy from the gallows on Borough Moor. After this, it became the custom for gypsies to gather in Roslin Glen every May and June to perform plays. (The St Clairs of Caithness also protected gypsies in their lands.)

Significantly the plays that they performed were those telling the tales of Robin Hood - which were also then, like the gypsies, banned by law, because of their pagan and subversive undertones. (The two towers of Rosslyn Castle in which the gypsies lived were called 'Robin Hood' and 'Little John'.)

Source

[1]Robin Hood
[2]Lincoln Green
[3]Merry Men
[4]Piers Plowman
[5]
[6]Proto-Indo-Europeans
[7]Ramayama
[8]Sita
[9]Lakshmana
[10]Hanuman

Other Sources

Temple of Mysteries
Hesternic
Valmikiramayan
Odin

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Fascinating stuff this.

Just spent a near hour reading the research materials and correlative stuff.

Learned that the "Gypsies" you mentioned are believed to have originated from NW India and many are still "Hindu".

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I'm impressed by your research, just read your article to my wife and she burst out laughing, saying:

"Damn, all roads lead to Roslyn Castle/Chapel".

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Did you find anything of interest?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Found TOO MUCH!

You know how it is, the articles get down into the weeds of "haplo groups" and DNA stuff. Way over my head.

Must say, I'm surprised by the amount off cultural bleed over from India. And then there's an interesting issue relative to the "out of Africa" theory about the origins of Homo Sapiens. I don't know, but...........(I know this is Science "heresy"), but I do sometimes wonder if it isn't beginning to look like Homo Sapiens "emerged" or co-evolved out of China as well.

The absolute weirdest thing I found is correlative to Roslyn Castle, i.e., Roslyn Chapel! Turns out, the architect spent many years in......(drum roll) CHINA! And the Chinese were aware of the Chlandi effect of how sounds make patterns in sand on metal plates. There are 213 boxes carved in stone in the Chapel, and a couple of Englishmen matched the patterns of the boxes to notes represented by the Chlandi experiments. Anyway, they produced a song called the Rosslyn Motet.

See: www.youtube.com...

Good stuff! Thanks

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

There are 213 boxes carved in stone in the Chapel, and a couple of Englishmen matched the patterns of the boxes to notes represented by the Chlandi experiments. Anyway, they produced a song called the Rosslyn Motet.

Sounds very plausible, The Chladni plate in "our reality" didnt exist until c.1756, so thats the reality we unfortunately have to abide to... You can find a " Universal True note " or a " Human made False note " using Chladni..

I do believe the motif for the 213 boxes carved are Eastern Origin, but in fact it should be 256 boxes.. " Dont ask how i know, cause i cant tell "

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I checked it out with cross references, it seems, well highly likely, it was a music piece just like you said, they did some creative work with trying to fixate the right sound to mimic the boxes in the chapel and it became a song/sound following a pattern.. A couple of years ago i did some research into Chladni plates, but never realized it was the same boxes.. Thank you for the reference.. =)

new topics

top topics

join