It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stabuck, SJW, Snowflakes, Thick Rim Glasses, Skinny Jeans, Video Game masters-Riot-what do you do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I have plenty of people living in the states, visiting there for work. I am as close to an understanding of the on the ground situation as anyone can be without going there myself, and the simple fact of the matter is that up until the beginning of this election, it just was not like it is. The last 24 hours have seen hate crime jump like a frog on an electric hot plate, and by that I mean high and repeatedly.

This is not how America was at the beginning of the election cycle, and a hell of a lot of hate spew from Trump and counter spew from the faux left of Hillary, has created this diabolical situation we are seeing now.

And as for understandable anger... The only people with ANY business being any kind of angry at all, are Bernie supporters. They got stiffed. He had a platform that WAS about inclusion, love, compassion, fairness and equality between people, about removing the money from government, about freeing hard working people from poverty, and about improving healthcare provision by preventing it becoming a cash cow for any company, which it never should have been in the first place, but is now and will be under every system devised by anyone else than him.

The only other reason to be angry, is that either party dared put forward a Warhawk like Hillary, or a lab accident like Trump in the first place.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I would need exact quotes to look up the context. Of course he has said stupid stuff, talk as long and as often, you make dumb statements. But a diagram would help.

Abortion is a tough one. He is right and so are you, killing unborn is dreadful.

His proper vetting of immigrants is a solid idea.

If I understand correctly, there was concern that the judge wasn't impartial. But the way he puts things, and he told us in the beginning he isn't PC, If the name hurts him, I guess a law suit for defamation of character. I would not have use Trump's phrasing.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

But it would not have been far worse, it would have been PRECISELY as bad, for different reasons.

Well, I guess you and I are going to have to agree to disagree on this point.

In an earlier post you posited that Trump will trample 1st Amendment rights and equal rights. Time will tell I guess, but consider this...

How much are those rights worth when all that's left of society is twisted smoldering wreckage? I don't mean this as hyperbole either, but rather litterally. Clinton made crystal clear her intentions toward Russia during her campaign run, and being the vengeful person she is I have no doubts whatsoever she would have followed through with those antagonistic postures well into her presidency likely leading to armed conflict and war. What most don't realize though is the reason why. The Russians represent an obstacle to clinton; they stand between her and what she perceives as "her" money. In the case of Clinton, this is worse than the wrath of a scorned woman.

And to make matters even worse, war would only make her more powerful...and wealthy via special interest, lobbying and audience access.

Rights mean little when the person upholding those rights destoys the very country where those rights have been bestowed on the people.

At least with Trump we know WWIII won't start tomorrow. It may start the day after tomorrow, but not tomorrow. The same cannot be said for Clinton. In fact, the exact opposite would likely be the case. (the word "tomorrow" being a metaphor in this case).

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: seasonal

Conservatives would have done the same thing if Hillary would have won, emboldened by the fact that Donald would have told them it was rigged and somebody cheated.

Pot meet kettle.

~Tenth

Um, yea, cuz that's what we did when Obama won twice.

Oh wait, .....

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well, I guess you and I are going to have to agree to disagree on this point.

In an earlier post you posited that Trump will trample 1st Amendment rights and equal rights. Time will tell I guess, but consider this...

How much are those rights worth when all that's left of society is twisted smoldering wreckage? I don't mean this as hyperbole either, but rather litterally. Clinton made crystal clear her intentions toward Russia during her campaign run, and being the vengeful person she is I have no doubts whatsoever she would have followed through with those antagonistic postures well into her presidency likely leading to armed conflict and war. What most don't realize though is the reason why. The Russians represent an obstacle to clinton; they stand between her and what she perceives as "her" money. In the case of Clinton, this is worse than the wrath of a scorned woman.

And to make matters even worse, war would only make her more powerful...and wealthy via special interest, lobbying and audience access.

Rights mean little when the person upholding those rights destoys the very country where those rights have been bestowed on the people.

At least with Trump we know WWIII won't start tomorrow. It may start the day after tomorrow, but not tomorrow. The same cannot be said for Clinton. In fact, the exact opposite would likely be the case. (the word "tomorrow" being a metaphor in this case).

True. Putin already is cooling his jets.

Putin congratulates Trump via telegram as world leaders react to election victory

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: snarfbot

It happens to be a fact, which is why it may be confusing to some people, especially people living in a nation which just elected a person who has no actual policy worth a god damn, and whose firmest plans involve violations of the first amendment and institutional discrimination against minorities.

I agree with you much of the time, but your not looking at the whole picture. 3rd parties here in the states have no chance to win. That left us with Trump and Hillary as choices with a chance to actually win. One key issue you may not have considered is Supreme Court nominations.

Trump will be possibly shaping the makeup of the court for the next 30 to 40 years by appointing up to 4 justices in the next 4 to 8 years. This has obvious and enormous ramifications for future court rulings.

As you stated your a huge proponent of the Constitution as am I. Conservative justices tend to adhere to that document much more often than liberal justices do. Trump will appoint justices that will be far more conservative than what Hillary would have tried to appoint.

2nd Amendment among others will be protected.

As a bonus we probably averted WWIII as well.

edit on 10-11-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

As you stated your a huge proponent of the Constitution as am I. Conservative justices tend to adhere to that document much more often than liberal justices do. Trump will appoint justices that will be far more conservative than what Hillary would have tried to appoint.

2nd Amendment among others will be protected.

As a bonus we probably averted WWIII as well.

True, one of Trump's opportunities are those supreme court appointments. But they always don't turnout so well. Ginsberg, Roberts...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I think we would have asked for a recount. We would not burn flags and I can guarantee no one would have feared a mob beat down the way trumps people do around any group of "tolerant" liberals.

I would be pissed. I wouldnt see her as president. Sure. I wouldnt riot though.

Democrats riot...

And the OP is right. These werent working class adults. These were kids both rich and well off bothering people trying to work.

There is a reason these dont happen during school hours.

edit on 11 10 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I think we would have asked for a recount. We would not burn flags and I can guarantee no one would have feared a mob beat down the way trumps people do around any group of "tolerant" liberals.

I would be pissed though. I wouldnt see her as president. Sure. I wouldnt riot though.

I wouldn't riot either. If things cam to taking action, I doubt the people in question are going to be doing selfies and sending out vines of themselves stand on police cars.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Doom,

You know I love the bones of that document. As a fumbler of a poet and a fancier of the written word, and of good political sense, it ticks every box.

And the nominations he makes may well see it protected from abuse...by the left. But I doubt very much that Trump is going to appoint people to Supreme Court positions, unless they are going to allow him to do pretty much whatever he likes, no matter how unconstitutional. He has stated that he thinks water boarding is too soft, he has said he wants to be able to go after people who write hit pieces against the government (Snowdens press contacts would have been silenced under his ideal regime), he has said he wants to ban people from certain places entering the nation, and that he wants to interfere with freedom of religious expression, ALL of which are violations of the document that you and I both heartily respect.

And the thing is, there is no way he is going to nominate anyone for a position unless he can be damned sure they are going to pull with him, not against him, and that ought to terrify the living hell out of all lovers of the constitution.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I didn't like executive orders Obama did, I hope Trump doesn't get executive order happy.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
TrueBrit....

I honestly do await your rejoinder from my original exception

You are a fine and upstanding man, but I remain disappointed at your posits and allegations. We do not agree.

God bless you, my friend, but there are times when we have to say "NO", and not agree.

You see, I believe you are incorrect. I take complete exception to 10th power's statements (here), which in my opinion,come from emotion, but you, on the other hand, I expected better of.

There is no real comparison between Clinton and Trump. Trump might not be the best, but he is far from the depths of evil as Clinton is. That someone could suggest they are just different parts of the same evil is mistaken and misguided.
I'm sorry, my friend, but it's true!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join