It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

"Draining the Swamp"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I have but one question:

How is considering people like Chris Christie, Newt Gingrich and Paul Ryan for high-level and White House positions "draining the swamp"?

Seems like more of the same to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Anybody?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties
As per usual, Trump's words don't mean what they really mean. Gingrich criticized Trump in an effort to convince the public that he was an outsider, more reverse psychology for the masses:

Why would he pick Newt when he worked so hard to disparage Trump? Well, for the same reason that Obama picked Clinton despite her slander in the primaries against him: it is a phony dynamic, they only appear to be enemies to make it look like one is the underdog.

Trump supports the CFR, 'nuff said.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I dont see those 3 as being super involved with Wall Street, the Military industrial complex or foreign donors.
Yeah they're slimey, but at the same time they were the only ones to stand beside Donald and take the flack.
They had his back and got treated like crap for it.

Trump's done an incredible thing.. outspent by Clinton, dishonestly portrayed by the Media and abandoned by the GOP he fought them all and won.

Anyone that stood their ground with him, Donald owes a big debt of gratitude to.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Yeah they're slimey, but at the same time they were the only ones to stand beside Donald and take the flack.
They had his back and got treated like crap for it.

I thought Christie and Ryan initially denounced Trump then just jumped on the bandwagon when he looked like he was going to get the nomination?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Trump's done an incredible thing.. outspent by Clinton, dishonestly portrayed by the Media and abandoned by the GOP he fought them all and won.

That is a credible achievement by any standards.

Maybe the quality required of a good *President*??

Anyone that stood their ground with him, Donald owes a big debt of gratitude to.

He will be aware of who has his back!!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Admittedly, I share the same sentiment. To my knowledge he released his ideas for his cabinet the day before the election. Christie doesn't bother me but the Newt and Guilliani made me take pause. A few of his media backers as well.

I believe Ryan was a neverTrumper as recently as last week. Him and Trump are just going to have to work it out. I knew Trumps battle would be uphill and span his four years going in.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Because it's all a play

www.politico.com...
www.wsj.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I just really don't see how someone can get elected partially on a mandate to clear the "status quo" out of Washington and wrench power back from the elites (two things which I absolutely support btw) then turn around and allow the very same people described to take high-level positions of power.

I am just hoping those who voted Trump in take this into consideration.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: aivlas

Because it's all a play

www.politico.com...
www.wsj.com...

That's exactly my thought on the issue. But I could be wrong, I'm just failing to see how yet.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I voted Trump and I indeed took into consideration. There was not a better option in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Fair enough. I really do hope it doesn't backfire - for the sake of not only America but of the world.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
I have but one question:

How is considering people like Chris Christie, Newt Gingrich and Paul Ryan for high-level and White House positions "draining the swamp"?

Seems like more of the same to me.

He's definitely scraping the bottom of the outhouse pit if he chooses Christie, Gingrich or Giuliani to fill any governmental positions.

While I'm not a fan of Paul Ryan, I still don't consider him to be as objectionable as the others.

While there are exceptions to every rule, for the most part, the "Swamp" we speak of is not flooded with "bad" people.

It's ordinary people who are attempting to maintain their existence while operating in a low lying area that's been flooded by the corrupting influence of special interests money that continually flows into the "swamp," polluting the balance between our government and it's electorate.

The only way to drain the "swamp," is to cut off the inflow of pollutants.

Regardless of which political party is in power at the time, there will be NO "draining of the swamp" until we as a nation, decide and demand a complete and absolute end to all paid lobbying, corporate political contributions and special interest money anywhere near our political system.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Paul Ryan is the worst of them. This has been my problem with Trump. I liked alot of what he was saying, until he said something different. He has been a life long Democrat and showed no signs of being conservative. And he had alot more friends on Washington than people wanted to admit. I have had serious doubts about everything he has said. So I agree. These people are more of the same. Look, I just hope people hold him to what he said, if he doesn't do the things he said, if he doesn't drain the swamp, kick his ass out. Period. That's the only way to make these "public servants" realize they will be held accountable.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Ahhh....The list is so long its overwhelming .
Christie, Ryan, are both tainted, they gota go.
Reinstate Glass Steagall act.
John Bolton as Secretary of State, not Newt
Gen. Flynn as National Security Advisor (Top of all 17 intel organizations)
Rudy as AG, prosecute them all !!!!
Turn Preet lose on Wall street, jail them all.
Internal overhaul of IRS
Internal overhaul of the DOJ
Strengthen and extend Sherman and other anti-trust laws. ( beak-up monopolies)
High tariffs on all imports.
No imported steel period.
In-depth Federal investigation of all BLM activities and operations. ( a lot of people need to go to jail on this and everybody knows it)
Denis Ross named as Senior Representative of all Peace negotiations. (middle-east)

My head hurts...............
This not even a start.

And one more, POTUS give me permission to personally punch former U.S. Ambassador to Israel, Martian Indyk right in the eye.
Buck

edit on 10-11-2016 by flatbush71 because: Too damed old to do it right the first time

top topics

join