It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am genuinely concerned about the LGBTQ people, and what they will be facing in a Trump Presidency

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SM2

There is a difference between asking someone to leave their gun and asking them to .... change their sexual orientation. A person can't just change their sexual orientation in order to purchase a cake. A person CAN leave their gun in the car or at home in order to purchase a cake.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Now you worry but never worry about them with the religious right dictating policies?, really, Trump doesn't look to me like a religious pandering person.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Its stupid fear mongering by the hand wringers among us.

SM2

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

There is a difference between asking someone to leave their gun and asking them to .... change their sexual orientation. A person can't just change their sexual orientation in order to purchase a cake. A person CAN leave their gun in the car or at home in order to purchase a cake.

yes, one can leave their gun in the car or whatever, but, my point is, they should not, as they are exercising a constitutionally protected right, As would be the shop keeper, he/she would be utilizing their first amendment right to refuse service to a potential customer. Now, bare in mind, as I said, I am not a anti LGBTQ. I just don't care whose what you put where. None of my concern, and it effects me not in the slightest. However, one group's rights are not more important then anothers. A private business is personal and private property. Historically and traditionally property rights will trump individual person's rights .

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: TheBulk

I have explained that, they just dont believe it. To them it isnt an argument. Im beginning to think they just want to be victims or just want sympathy for being different.

Yep, there is no one to oppress them anymore.

Actually, no one gives a crap what they are, either, they are just people and really don't like being "normal", as in meh, you ain't special.

It's attention seeking drama queens that give them a bad name.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
ha gotta love the fear mongering

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It seems that today we got the fearmongers inundating the boards with nonsense.

I just got to ATS and can not believe the amount of threads on issues that before Trump got in office nobody even care because they has always been a none issue in our nations laws.

This is very disturbing, unity my butt, is not the winning side the one that is divided but the loser side.

Amazing.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Liberals are afraid that Obama's 8 years are going to turn into the 21st century Jimmy Carter.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I guess Im so out of touch with this, that I dont even understand why they need "special" rights. A poster mentioned that a 3rd bathroom would be discrimination, but it seems like a special set of rights for them would fall in the same category.

I really didnt mean for this to become a bathroom issue, I had just stated that was my only line, which should also be my right. And if their "special rights" allow for that, then I have to wonder who is being discriminated against?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

We have non-discrimination laws for a reason.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Sorry to say that, and you know me for all the years I been here, posting and the way I post, I voted for Obama first term, by the second term I knew he was going to be nothing but a lame president, the only legacy of him was a incomplete health care reform that hurt the working class and now that is failing is going to be the worst legacy that he brought us in 8 years.

He divided this nation like no other president has done in history, now we are seen the results of that division.

I still can not judge Trump because he is not even in office yet, but I will as soon he shows what he is all about.

edit on 10-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: acackohfcc

No, but I have been confronted recently with the anxiety this is causing to the LGBTQ folks, and would like to understand it so I can possibly help them through the supposed trauma.........

Quite frankly, I don't understand it either and I'm a lesbian. LOL The only thing I can tell you is that LGBTQ is a self appointed group that thinks they speak for all of us. In reality, they don't. Plenty of gay people are average ordinary people that don't support this fringe group. We work, pay bills, eat and sleep just like the average 'straight' people. And a lot of us voted for Trump. I really don't understand people that think that the entirety of their life decisions must revolve around their sexual orientation.

SM2

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And while I agree 100% that it is wrong to refuse service to a customer based on discriminatory reasons.... It is that business owners prerogative. Your rights do not trump his. Thats all I am saying. You, or I are not more important than any other individual. You are demanding to violate his rights in order to exercise yours. When you give a certain group of people special privilege, regardless of the intention it is discriminatory. So, in essence, forcing someone to hire someone because of their skin color is racist and forcing someone to do private business with someone they chose not to do business with is unconstitutional.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You cannot give someone the right to discriminate just like you cannot give someone the right to murder someone. No one is forcing anyone to do business. But if you choose to do business in our society, you must follow certain laws that our society has set up. Non-discrimination is part of those laws.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Is all about certain groups hijacking peoples concerns to pursue personal agendas, that is why I don't trust any self appointed group.

I am latina, but hell I want nothing to do with any self appointed pro latino rights group in this nation, because I already enjoy my rights under the constitution of this nation.

Is all about power, corruption and lots of dirty money, to create subgroups and divisions.

A divided nation is an easy target to self destruction and is a lot of entities that will like nothing but destroy what our nation of laws is all about.

edit on 10-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That, and as an evangelist excuse to ram their deals down everyones throat.

Gays = 4% of the population.
Transgenders = less than 1% of the population.

They got their equal rights, restrooms, anti-discrimination laws, yet the leftists of the lot have still been on the warpath (seemingly more than ever). WTF.

What do they even want beyond this is beyond me.

They will never be "done" because this has nothing to do with "equality".

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I didn't say it would be a bad thing if that happened, but you know the GOP are going to demolish everything of his they can.

Some of it for good reasons, others politically expedient and some so that they can try experiments with programs and how they work.

I'm only opposed the politically expedient ones. The rest is normal, human nature.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You cannot give someone the right to discriminate just like you cannot give someone the right to murder someone. No one is forcing anyone to do business. But if you choose to do business in our society, you must follow certain laws that our society has set up. Non-discrimination is part of those laws.

If I dont went to make a NAZI cake that will be part of a neo nazi bday party for Hitler, I'm not discriminating against them. I'm just not participating.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I agree, I never wanted the Obamacare the same way I was opposed to bailing the banking system and the passing of the patriot act.

We all dissected all that crap here in this boards and people still would never get the point.

If is something I have never understood is how people blind themselves with party affiliations and forget that is all about the individual candidates to propose and try to do what is best for the people that elected them.

The elite two parties in this nation once in power forget about the will of the people and pander to the will of the special and private interest that fills their pockets with dirty money.

This scaremongering that is going right now needs to stop, because as of today is baseless.

SM2

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

well, there are plenty of minority organizations and business that do business solely with minorities. Why is this not discrimination. It goes both ways, and this would be hyprocrisy and special privilege i was meaning. You can not have it both ways. Bottom line here, as you and I are seriously off topic here lol. All of this concern over what Trump may or may not do is nothing but fear mongering from a bunch of whiney butt hurt children that can not come to grips that not everyone thinks like they do and were sick of establishment crooks like Hillary. Get over it folks, Trump can only do so much as president, I seriously doubt he will use the executive order as much as obama did, and oh man, I cant wait to see the reaction from liberals when he does , it will be priceless to watch them cry on tv

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join