It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

There's no justification for violence - no matter how afraid, saddened, or angry you are.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
i just went to twitter. i rarely go there, and even then i'm barely following just a few accounts. some from gaming industry, some from hollywood, and so on.

and many of them are getting butthurt. i know people are stupid, but repeating the same crap every other butthurt Hillary supporter repeats is just harmful for your image.

"Hate won tonight." - and right after that: "We did not underestimate Trump. We over estimated the sexist, racist, homophobic, incredibly ignorant American voters."
twitter.com...

so calling all those voters sexist, racist, homophobic and incredibly ignorant isn't hatred? hypocrisy at its worst.

don't get me wrong. this situation (people getting butthurt over democracy and spreading hate while claiming to fight it) is saddening in general, but people with thousands - or often millions - of followers, repeating such crap over and over again, that's just harmful. not just to themselves, but to the situation at hand. how about #boycotthypocrisy everyone?

at least she got some reasonable responses:
"always nice when you lump people together. Also a great way to get unfollowed and #aos taken off the dvr. #lostafan"

also, she retweeted this:
twitter.com...

and here's one of the replies to that tweet:
twitter.com...

that's what you get these days for voting Trump... so yeah. it looks like hate wins. that video was on youtube, but it was removed (for violating policy on "harmful or dangerous content") - i wonder how long it'll hang around twitter.

at least there are some that stay calm and promote being nice to others, despite different views.
twitter.com...

this quote of his should be a guide for everyone these days, otherwise things may only turn from bad to worse. at the same time, it seems like it isn't broad enough - all that hate speech, all that getting butthurt over the choice people have made - is just as damaging as violence itself.

i've supported Trump as the only candidate giving people any hope that things may change for the better, i didn't vote though because i'm not from the states. still, i'm worried. huge part of your nation - amazingly, those Hillary supporters most vocal about "love trumping hate" - seems hellbent on starting a civil war. either that, or they're too stupid to realize WTF they are doing.

it has to stop, those people - starting with those having the most influence via social media - need to be educated, by peaceful and calm dialogue, because spreading hypocrisy and hatred via fear and anger will tear your country apart.

you're possibly on the verge of something great. there's a chance - even if slim - that your country will get better, that your lives will get better, that the world will be a better, more peaceful place. and on the verge of that possible change, you're doing everything to destroy it?

WTF?

also, this thread - and all the posts in it - is highly relevant:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Graceful in defeat.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Moving now on two
People are just going through the stages of grief. First denial this was obvious on day one everyone asking how this could happen something has to be wrong. Moving now on to anger there mad at everyone people that voted people that didn't vote like I read today saying blacks cost the election for not turning out. Mad at democrats for not putting Bernie on the ticket. Some have moved on to bargaining youll see this as well hes president but I will continue to fight for my causes and hold him accountable. Then comes depression yeah that's coming as reality sets in and finally they will move to acceptance. Many were so invested in Hillary they literally feel her loss as a personal earth shattering event. But like all things time will heal the wounds and people will move on. My only hope is people don't take advantage of the grief to cause chaos and fear. Bottom line is we are all American's and well as such we need to unite to have a better future for us and are children. Fear of the unknown never accomplishes anything other than inaction. Working together as a nation there isn't much we cant accomplish its been shown in the past and will be shown in the future of this I have little doubt.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Whats funny is the media is always trying to spin violence towards Trump supporters,but the truth is it's the liberals who act out in violence,and most have no idea why they are rioting,they came because their friends asked them to hold a sign

link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
My only hope is people don't take advantage of the grief to cause chaos and fear.

i'm afraid it's kinda too late, and that's why i'm worried.

twitter.com...
edit on 10/11/2016 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

link   
As the Clinton Foundation unravels, the reality of the war machine will reveal its self. The whole justification of why people have been dying is delusional. But who cares as these are brown people on the other side of the world. In meeting some of the survivors some are doing well, some ain't so much.

Hopefully one day we can try and be as honest in killing a nation as we are in killing a person.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
There are dozens of videos today of left-wingers beating up people and generally causing violence. Where is the media? All we ever hear is how violent the right is how violent Trump supporters are and yet that never really materializes. On the other hand there are hundreds of videos going back to the primaries of left-wingers in mobs beating up people. What's going on here?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

The problem is that this new breed of people fail to recognize their major fault in their own reasoning. And that fault is--as with many believers in anything, is that they are totally correct and everything outside of their sphere is totally wrong.

The evidence is so plain. They relish using the word "hate" incessantly and justify that use by hanging it on terms that they use to display that hate. The intensity of their hatred of "the other" is a deep sickness that surely will eventually lead to actual violence of one sort or another if it is not tempered with a reasonable amount of acceptance of human behavior.

I applaud their unstated and usually unrecognized goal of making us into more conscious beings rather then what we are in our physical selves and physical environment. That should be the correct goal for all of humanity, but it will never be achieved by attacking those that it deems inferior.

I suggest that they reassess their views and wonder what Jesus, Buddha, or some other non-violent personage would do in the present situation. Certainly, they would find themselves in a more vulnerable position, with few weapons to hurl at others, but it would be more in keeping with their general credo.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
There are dozens of videos today of left-wingers beating up people and generally causing violence. Where is the media? All we ever hear is how violent the right is how violent Trump supporters are and yet that never really materializes. On the other hand there are hundreds of videos going back to the primaries of left-wingers in mobs beating up people. What's going on here?

psyop, most likely.

originally posted by: Aliensun

The problem is that this new breed of people fail to recognize their major fault in their own reasoning. And that fault is--as with many believers in anything, is that they are totally correct and everything outside of their sphere is totally wrong.

The evidence is so plain. They relish using the word "hate" incessantly and justify that use by hanging it on terms that they use to display that hate. The intensity of their hatred of "the other" is a deep sickness that surely will eventually lead to actual violence of one sort or another if it is not tempered with a reasonable amount of acceptance of human behavior.

I applaud their unstated and usually unrecognized goal of making us into more conscious beings rather then what we are in our physical selves and physical environment. That should be the correct goal for all of humanity, but it will never be achieved by attacking those that it deems inferior.

I suggest that they reassess their views and wonder what Jesus, Buddha, or some other non-violent personage would do in the present situation. Certainly, they would find themselves in a more vulnerable position, with few weapons to hurl at others, but it would be more in keeping with their general credo.

maybe. or maybe you're reading too much into their motives. no offense to anyone, but Hillary many times acted like she was speaking to mentally retarded - and that could be a clue. the people willing to vote for her are so brainwashed that it's looking like an addiction. when someone tears that illussion apart, they act like an addict.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

the people willing to vote for her are so brainwashed

Our whole society has been brainwashed. There has been a major crime brought upon the peoples of this world. It is a scare that smashes your faith in so many things. There are significant mental health issues involved, some will adapt better than others.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
healing never comes if the wound is constantly being reopened people....
if this nation is gonna heal it's gonna take trump and his followers extending an olive branch also....

less insults would be a good starting point for yas.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
healing never comes if the wound is constantly being reopened people....
if this nation is gonna heal it's gonna take trump and his followers extending an olive branch also....

less insults would be a good starting point for yas.

tell that to those protesters.

it seems none of them listened to his speech after he was elected.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

This shouldn't be news but "news outlets" are rarely if ever non biased and the lean of the editors, writers, producers etc is going to come through, sometimes in an up front way other times not.

I'm sure we can find crap from both sides.
twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I don't recall... Was there mass protests like this when Obama won? I dont' seem to remember.

I'm also wondering what they hope to accomplish by protesting? He's still going to be president no matter what they say or do. Unless...

What if it gets horrible and Obama declares martial law and he stays president? Could that happen?
edit on 10-11-2016 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
So Trump won! I would have thought Hilary would win this round of the presidential run, or at least going by my 10 minutes of watching the tube and climate here on the nets on this election season, they were pushing for her pretty hard especially on the tube. But! Anyways..

Generally the ones who get elected are the ones who say what people want to hear. The reason Hilary lost is because she or her team lost tract of that fact, and the fact that the atmosphere changed oh, lets say about 5 years ago on just what people wanted to hear. She was going by an old out of date playbook. You would think that with the millions and millions of dollars some of these people get paid they could at least keep track of that.

But jeez whats with all these marches and violence?

I know its so stupid. Even if Hillary would have won, pretty much the same things would ensue, the whole criminal element going on here is that there actually is nobody better then Hilary or Trump.

All these people, in fact all people are making a mountain out of a molehill, but I suppose its better then making a mountain into a molehill, because a molehill is so much more easier to traverse, then an actual freaking mountain.

Either way, and way you splice it....Eventually the bottom drops out.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I haven't listened to his speech either really, just part of it, what can I say it was three in the morning.... I had to be up before six!
as far as I know, as of yet, there have been no protests in my area, we are concentrating on the olive branches. you know, blessed are the peacemakers and all that...

I haven't really listened to all of hillary's speech either, but by what I heard of each speech, it seems that some of their followers just aren't following!

to me, it just seems sensible to sit back and wait, I'll react if and when he starts doing things that I object to... not things that I am afraid he might do.

I refuse to let fear rule me!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit
That right there is what is known as opportunists. And stupid ones at that, the driver should have remembered that while god created men, Smith and Weston made them equal.

Funny how they keep going in his car checking the compartments while there braying about voting for trump. To bad the vid ended prematurely, but it looks like the one guy at the end there was going to take off with his car.

I would say that is plain ol assault and robbery and more then a few other charges.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: aivlas

Oh wow! Is that # real? I believe it, simply because stupid propagates faster then cancer on steroids. Seems all the seedy effects and people are coming to surface. And still people still don't seem to realize that a presidential election wont effect any dire worldwide scopes all that much.

The fact that they are to begin with effected to this degree is not only downright sad, and disturbing, but pertains to the real sickness out there, red vs blue mentality being the least of it.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: aivlas
a reply to: TheBulk

This shouldn't be news but "news outlets" are rarely if ever non biased and the lean of the editors, writers, producers etc is going to come through, sometimes in an up front way other times not.

I'm sure we can find crap from both sides.
twitter.com...

idiots will be idiots, no matter left or right. hell, i wouldn't even be surprised if some of those more serious situations would be people paid by Hillary campaign to create unrest.

but the bottom line is, there is police. if someone is behaving like that, it doesn't matter if he says he's a Trump supporter or Hillary supporter, he's just a moron and a pig, and should be put in jail.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan

I don't recall... Was there mass protests like this when Obama won? I dont' seem to remember.

I'm also wondering what they hope to accomplish by protesting? He's still going to be president no matter what they say or do. Unless...

What if it gets horrible and Obama declares martial law and he stays president? Could that happen?

what if?

you may want to check that thread i've mentioned in the first post.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join