It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Michael Moore’s 5-Point ‘Morning After To-Do List’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Kryties

So do I Kryties,

But unfortunately, this election has proven many things, and one of them is that soundbites, short, effective, and concise messages, are better received and more likely to take root.

Personally, as a lover of the English language, I find it very sad, but not nearly as sad as I find the fact that the constitution is likely to take two rounds to the back of the skull during the next administration in the US.

I am British, but I think the constitution of the United States of America is one of the greatest documents ever penned, which makes me very nervous for the future of my American associates and the freedoms they stand to be deprived of, if Trump and his VP act on their stated intentions.

I am confused...Trump and his VP have stated their intention to appoint Supreme Court Justices who are Constitutionalists.

So, what freedoms are you concerned citizens are going to be deprived of?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

OOh I thought it was about him consumming 5 sausage and egg Mc Muffins for breakfast,dang what a miss read article

Dammit now I want Maccas brekky. At 10.30pm. Lol.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale
a reply to: Konduit

I do see your points. Coming from a Westminster system though I guess I just see many ways that the Electoral College could be gamed, or outright taken over by special interests. I read something yesterday about Faithless Electors - being Electoral College voters who ignore what the people of their state voted for and just vote whoever they want.

The whole process just seems very odd to me.

edit on 10/11/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
If you're concerned about the American Constitution you should be worried about your own left-wingers in this country. They are the ones constantly assaulting it. From the First Amendment, the Second Amendment and they are constantly saying it's an old document that's no longer relevant. They are the ones who threaten it not Trump supporters.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
if the dems follow #3 that might be the end of the democratic party...

people are pissed about all the garbage the last 8 years... bad policy from the whitehouse... useless do nothing congress...

IF (and yes its a big IF) the republicans actually try to do things and the Dems block it at every turn... AFTER the american people just gave the establishment the middle finger... they risk further alienating the moderates in their own party.

Their best bet right now is to work with the administration and make sure they dont go to far to the right, then they can show the people that they arent obstructionist and are trying to make the govt work.

Yes I realize what the republicans have done the last 8 years... remember the average american has a short attention span and wont remember that, they will only see the dems being dumb... and the republicans are great at re-directing.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

edit on 10-11-2016 by imjack because: y

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Konduit

Hillary carried only 18 out of 50 states.

The electoral college isn't perfect, but you can clearly see that by your logic large cities like NY, LA, and Chicago would decide the US election over the entire country.

But if the majority of people live in those cities then why shouldn't their vote be counted in its entirety instead of having to share equal vote with less people in other states?

One thing that has separated America from several other countries is the protection of minority decisions. Otherwise as someone once said it is like two wolves and a sheep voting on what is for supper; not good if you are the sheep.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Trump has stated that he has no respect for the freedom of the press on many occasions, and he has also suggested registration of and sanctions against Muslims in the US, and a discriminatory ban on their entry to the US. Essentially, he has already made it clear that his love of the first amendment only extends to HIS freedom of speech, not to others freedom of religion or the freedom of the press.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Trump has stated that he has no respect for the freedom of the press on many occasions,

I realize you get your news filtered by talking heads who certainly have an agenda... The speech and not the sound bite was he did not want a press which can make up stories and flat out lie without consequences.. I have to agree with that...

he has also suggested registration of and sanctions against Muslims in the US, and a discriminatory ban on their entry to the US.

Again the few times I heard him speak on that subject was he wanted background checks and full vetting of who would be allowed in... Again being an American I agree.. France and Germany would be a heck of allot better off if they would have had the same policy IMO

he has already made it clear that his love of the first amendment only extends to HIS freedom of speech, not to others freedom of religion or the freedom of the press.

We usually agree on many/most things but as I told an Aussi friend of mine don't believe what you hear about what someone said without also listening to the target person's actual words (TPTB thought they had much to lose with a Trump victory and they used every dirty trick in their dirty trick book)... My Aussi friend was the one who called me (I was on a golf course) all excited that Trump had won. Full 180 degree turn around for him.. Trump could be many terrible things but he would not be lent in the bottom of HRC's purse of evil IMO

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

And who shall be the arbiter of fact?

Most of the things on which newspapers report, have highly subjective issues attached to them, which mean different things to different people. For example, one incident can be reported several different ways, without a single lie being told in the doing of it, the only difference being, how convenient the narrative is for the person in power.

I am all for unbiased media, but it is important that stories which have political implications are explored, possibilities discussed, revelations made. People were telling us conspiracy people we were nuts over the surveillance state for YEARS, and it was proven, which is just one example of stories that would have been undiscussed by ANYONE had there been no noise about it, despite the lack of documentary evidence, pre-Snowden.

And with regard to the registration issue, bull sir, bull poop. The man said he wanted registration, that's how it is. I do not care how you dress it up, if when its disguise is shed it looks precisely the same.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I've got a 1 point to-do list for Michael Moore, go to hell. He is actually not totally wrong there though. The media and pollsters suck. It's funny seeing a liberal finally having to deal with it. They are your media and your pollsters after all. Now all of a sudden they suck.

He's also right in the fact that the party let you down. It gave you Clinton. The problem is you could have rejected her for years now and you haven't. You have supported her every step of the way. So it's on you guys. The party did screw you out of a better candidate this time though. Once again, nice to see liberals going through this for a change. You get what you deserve.

The point he makes about people being fed up and feeling screwed and all of that is right on and I honestly don't get why, if he understand this, he is so bothered by Trump winning. Seems to just be a party thing because he seems to feel and understand the way others feel about the Govt.

As far as the electoral college situation, I'm not a big fan of it either. I also know that simply going with the popular vote won't work. As others have said, New York and California will dictate every election if that's the case. The only thing I can think is that there has to be a better way to balance the proportion of electoral votes. I don't know.

What I do know is that if you look at the election map this year, it is almost completely red. That seems like a majority to me. To go by popular vote would mean that the president for 50 states would be decided by 2 states and the people that live in the cities of those 2 states. That doesn't work either. The only way to really get this right is for both parties to run better candidates. That's how you win elections.
edit on 10-11-2016 by awhispersecho because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2016 by awhispersecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Point 5....i have some real issue there.

The problem in America, and you can see it in the county level voting map, is that half our country lives in the cities. The further you get from cities, the less confidence the people have in the government and the direction our nation is heading (i can cite this if needed).

Minimum wage laws can negatively effect smaller, local economies. COnsider the $15 minimum wage that is being talked about....in a town like Presidio, TX it could cause businesses to close (like restaurants). The mom and pops won't be able to operate and break even. And $15/hr is on the upper end of the wage scale there currently.

$15/hr as a minimum may make sense in cities, where cost of living is much, much higher. In rural areas, its a death knell, and will force people to move into cities to find work.

Me personally? I see it as an all out assault on rural life. If policies cannot be enacted to account for the vast differences in culture and economies between different areas of our country, then it creates a serious issue for me. I live out here because I don't want to eat at Chili's. I like having lunch at the taqueria that looks like its 100 years old, and still run by the same lady that opened it. Thats why I live here....and that is what is at stake for me, personally, in this minimum wage discussion. Because that place cannot operate with a doubled labor cost. By the time the system trickles it all down into making $15/hr the new poverty line, her business will be long gone. Sitting vacant and just another crumbling building in my small town.

This really, really pisses me off to think about.

How about we put a stop to inflation so our currency doesn't devalue all the time?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: awhispersecho

Stop talking out of your rear most orifice for a moment and understand the following.

Fox News exists.

With that in mind, the idea that the entire machinery of propagandism and political spin is left wing and left owned is UTTERLY invalid and preposterous. Furthermore, on the print media front, there are MANY right oriented publications out there, many of which have readerships which are absolutely enormous.

So next time you find yourself about to lie to yourself and everyone who might read your utterances, about the state of media and its particular bias, remember the existence of fox, the Daily Mail, and others, and that truthfully and realistically, there are just as many bloviating sacks of cat vomit working on the right, as the left, and in many places far more people working that side of the room.

In short, stop this BS before people start believing it.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: awhispersecho
In short, stop this BS before people start believing it.

Oh come now, that is no way to control the message

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

3. Any Democratic member of Congress who didn’t wake up this morning ready to fight, resist and obstruct in the way Republicans did against President Obama every day for eight full years must step out of the way and let those of us who know the score lead the way in stopping the meanness and the madness that’s about to begin.

nonsense. the Republicans made one effort to stop funding 'Obamacare' and it caused a government shutdown that resulted in everyone in the media blaming the Republicans for being mean and not bowing down to Obama so the Republicans caved so nothing has been done in the last six years to defund Obamacare, Planned Parenthood, etc.

the one thing McConnell did, was stop the Supreme Court nominee. I wonder how much he did this on his own, and how much he was pressured by voters, donors, fellow Republicans, etc.

MM presents himself as blue-collar but he's just another Gated-Community out-of-touch Hollywood elitist.

imho.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
That was great until the 5th point where his clue train completely derailed. The electoral college has a very good purpose it is designed to protect the country from electing a tyrant. However, it can't protect us when we allow two tyrants to run at the same time. That's the real problem. It's not the electoral college's fault. It's our fault-- when we fail to pick proper candidates in the primaries Or demand higher quality candidates in the first place!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join