It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cal-Exit: Brexit style break at our doorstep?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

you're 100% correct.

they prefer whining instead of doing something, and whining rarely gets you what you want.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
What a bunch of selfish, entitled cry babies.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

You want your own country to escape from really. Trump is the president, deal with that.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: slider1982
Just shows how a liberal population view democracy, it didn't go my way lets start banding around absurd notion to better fit my own selfish wants and screw the rest..

Yeah ok. While Conservatives are known for their legendary selfless giving to others and their push of inclusiveness.

I love how "Liberals" have caused every problem from Mortal Death to the Common Cold in the eyes of so many Conservatives now.

It must be difficult to see reality from way up there where only Angels fly I guess.

Not at all, most of us "conservatives" aren't as you describe.

The "liberals" are under the false understanding that feelings are the answer to everything, and their feelings aren't to be ignored.

Sadly, the world is a cold, calculating mess of cruelty. Most conservatives actually know this first hand, from one thing to another.

Some of us learned it because we were homeless, jobless, friendless, and hopeless..

Some learn it other ways, and all have busted their ass from the bottom up. So we don't like having to pay for everyone else to be slackers when they are perfectly capable of making their own way in this world, just like the rest of us have had to do.

There is no such thing as a "free lunch", someone is paying for it.

Life works best when you give more then you take, but liberals all seem to only be in it for what they can get out of it.

That's my view, your mileage may vary. Feel free to hate, rage, and call me the problems you wish would go away.

But no, I don't hate liberals, I just think they're lazy with an unrealistic view of how the world works, and infantile when they don't get their way. I also don't think the world's problems are theirs to bear alone, or their fault.

No one is innocent in this mess, but whining about it doesn't make things better. Throwing fits in the middle of the street doesn't make things better either.

/shrug.. Sorry if my words are rough on you, that is not my intention.

Very well said,

I would also note that we have a generation that was educated in a education system that was put in place to give a totally unrealistic view of the world and to avoid ones personal growth.

My number one issue I have with liberals is that even if there is not a problem they will go out of their way to create one, they moan about equality and womens rights for instance yet how many marches have been geared towards politic pressure to help the Yazidi women and children that are sold as sex slaves in the middle east???.. Yet they will have a f#cking stupid hissy fit about "men" controlling the air temp in offices (yes it was a thing)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

It is this type of BS that gets the average person with any commonsense rattled..

No wonder home schooling is gaining the ground it is when people are being produced to conform to this crap...

RA
edit on 10-11-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

a reply to: slider1982

Really???

So he's just elected yesterday and hasn't done a single thing yet/

You may want to wait until he actually does something before you start bowing to your new messiah.

But I get what you're saying. When Conservatives do something it's wise and brave but when Liberals do the same thing they are stupid and haters of Democracy.

You are missing the point,

The fact that something "could" be done is what people have voted for, the other options was more of the same, maybe a portion of the population as into S and M and enjoy the suffering???....

When a liberal idea has common sense and logic attached to it I would be all for it, until then it is what it is...

RA

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Just shows how a liberal population view democracy, it didn't go my way lets start banding around absurd notion to better fit my own selfish wants and screw the rest..

If I recall, Texas which is a conservative state, talked about succeeding from the U.S.. Just shows how much hypocrisy there is in both political parties. You ignore your own party's failures and corruption.

With Stickers, a Petition and Even a Middle Name, Secession Fever Hits Texas

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

If I recall, Texas which is a conservative state, talked about succeeding from the U.S.. Just shows how much hypocrisy there is in both political parties. You ignore your own party's failures and corruption.

With Stickers, a Petition and Even a Middle Name, Secession Fever Hits Texas

I would say the same to Texas as I would to Cali do not let the door hit you.

If the US has any chance of getting back on track and out of the situation you find yourself in it will need to be with a common goal for the future, at this moment it means everyone getting a job done and cutting off the dead wood.. Make of that what you will..

In the UK where I am at the moment the Social program is about 10 years ahead of the US, believe me you do not want to head down that route, everything is worse..

RA

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Piece out suckers!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Way to be rational.

What I would do:

Let them go nuts with this, then when they get serious or try some vote or something, SEND IN THE FEDS, an army of private security and shut down their government....finally declare them a protectorate.

In other words, remove the rights they have as a state.

Also would send to prison or exile the entirety of their state and municipal governments.

Assholes. Deal with it or be dealt with.

Traitors. Political prostitutes

You know what, screw it. Try to break away, I want to go over there to crush their revolution.

edit on 11 10 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
Some of us have been hoping for a nice neat earthquake to physcially break California off of the rest of the country.

Ya'll are in your own little delusional world over there.

Bon voyage!

And now given you guys legalized a certain drug, maybe all the ones that came to CO will go back home and stop turning my state into Cali 2.0.

Believe me, the feelings out here are very mutual, except from this end it's "Oh please send the big one so we can all break off from the new fiefdom of Trump-Tardia, thus giving us a natural sea barrier and sparing us the cost of actually having to build a wall ourselves".

But even if we remain physically stuck to the new "Murica", the citizens of your nation aren't terribly bright anyway, nor are they geographically literate, so keeping them out and on their side of the mountains isn't a terribly difficult task. And your terror of science, technology, and basic reasoning will make this easier as time goes on.

So it looks like we might all get our wishes this election.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Cygnis

I don't care what you think about Liberals or California either.

I'm just in awe of the double standard being applied here.

I mean it was just in the past couple of years that Conservatives were cheering the idea of leaving the union for multiple reasons.

But now that some liberals say the same thing you act like they invented the idea. It's just hypocritical and lame partisan finger pointing BS.

A minority in TEXAS pushed the idea of succession from the union, and it was shot down. Yes, so what, they pushed the idea, and it was shot down by other conservatives in Texas. Texas has a rather large religious base, both Muslim and Christian, both are aghast at some of the liberal ideals on same sex marriage. So do you expect anything less from Texas?

Some conservatives are not religious, most are. Typically you liberals think you are your own little godlings, so that would be why you have the religious moral convictions keeping the country from sliding into a immorally depraved little childrens petting zoo.

And since I kind'a figured you didn't care about my thoughts, allow me to express a little more about most of you liberals don't give a crap about what anyone else thinks, especially if they are outside your own little perceptive bubble of feelings and what you want. Half the problem with the world right there, no willingness to even listen to someone outside the fold, right? It's always someone else's fault, right? I mean you people are the enlightened folks, aren't you, you never succumb to corruption or do anything wrong, because it's not your fault, right? Perfect little snowflakes.

The country is a Republic, with a lot of people with a lot of different view on everything. Each side has their Loonies, we just decided to go with a non-establishment loonie, as we needed a change of pace in this country.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Have you noticed no one's really saying anything to stop their ironic plunge in logic?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I'm for the west coast seceding from the U.S. too.

Yes Sr right along themadrid fault line.

Just think one big plop and a good flush.

That would be a good start to making America great again.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The very essence of Brexit is that the EU is NOT democracy. Democracy lies in rejecting it. Whereas an anti-Trump secession would be the rejection of a democratic vote.

You explained it well - ignorance is rife on this US centric site

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

You want your own country to escape from really. Trump is the president, deal with that.

Nope. More like me and a lot of people out here have been talking about the possibility and need for a separate country for decades, and that need and possibility just got more real. It's actually a good thing, believe me. If Hillary had gotten elected, it would have actually been a lot more difficult to get a consensus, because people out here would be divided and any break would never be possible. But with Trump, it's unified people out here who normally disagree on everything else.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: DISRAELI

The very essence of Brexit is that the EU is NOT democracy. Democracy lies in rejecting it. Whereas an anti-Trump secession would be the rejection of a democratic vote.

You explained it well - ignorance is rife on this US centric site

Same kind of ignorance where about half the posters on this thread didn't even read the date on the linked article.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
When you have a quarterback that won't even stand for the national anthem what would you expect? The riots out there put it all into perspective. When bush and Obama both got re-elected I didn't burn the flag or tear down my neighborhood. Grow the f up. In life you don't always get your way.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Same kind of ignorance where about half the posters on this thread didn't even read the date on the linked article.

What's your point? Nothing wrong with using those articles in the context of this thread.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: ScepticScot

What's your point? Nothing wrong with using those articles in the context of this thread.

Read how many posts are saying this is Liberals throwing their toys out the pram about Trump winning.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I want to take issue with the word "Brexit-style" in your title.
There is much more mileage in comparing the Trump victory with Brexit (as many were doing even in advance of the event), becasue both involve rejection of political correctness, against the establishment and the establishment media.

Actually, you are wrong. Like all presidents, Trump was elected by the Electoral college. Apparently, once again, we have a repeat of of 2000. Trump won the Electoral vote, but apparently, according to every reputable foreign and domestic news site I've seen, Hillary Clinton actually had more of the popular vote. In otherwords, more people in America actually voted for Hillary Clinton, you know, which technically, would make her the "people's choice". I.E., the definition of democratic.

www.independent.co.uk... ege-a7407826.html

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

Kinda kills your whole crybaby argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join