It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

4 Men Went Missing From Desert During 97' Phoenix Lights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I've always been fascinated with the Phoenix lights, but I was surprised to learn that on that same night, in the Arizona desert, 4 men went missing and have never been seen again.

The 4 friends were in the Estrella Mountain National Park off-roading the night of March 13, 1997. That was the last night any of them were seen, and no identifiable trace of them has ever been found.

A suspect was later arrested and thought to be connected with the disappearances, but was released when the Maricopa County Medical Examiner claimed that an animal attack was responsible. They came to this conclusion after bone fragments were found in the area, but the results were inconclusive. The bones were never identified as belonging to any of the men. It was later claimed that a black bear was responsible for killing all 4 men.

So how is it that 4 strong young men all go missing the same night, never to be seen again, without a trace, all from a supposed bear attack? I have a hard time believing a black bear would be able to kill and consume 4 grown men at the same time.

This happened the same night that just north of the park thousands of people saw a massive UFO floating over the city of Phoenix.

So.....aliens right? Here's a website with a little info the disappearances, although I covered most the finer points here already.
www.phoenixincident.org...

There is also a found footage/sy-fy/thriller movie that just came out that is based on the disappearances.
m.imdb.com...

edit on 10-11-2016 by Quantumgamer1776 because: Editing

edit on 10-11-2016 by Quantumgamer1776 because: Editing

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

edit on 10-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Oh thank you for this post, I had almost given into the despair of this site. Commenting this so as to revisit it later.

Thank you qg as I've never heard of this story.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Hello it's me nat the cat

They were more than likely abducted. I've been reading about space beings not knowing what love is so they are interested in our planet .. That's why we have to be careful of them. Not all of them are here to harm but they are curious .. That's just my thoughts gathered after what I've been reading ..

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

That's cool. I mean interesting. Bad for the 4. I hope they live on in a better place.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
All these years and I didnt know about this. Great thread. The phoenix lights and the stephenville lights are two of my favorite ufo stories. I remember when they were going across texas and i heard a couple first hand accounts at the time.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That's cool. I mean interesting. Bad for the 4. I hope they live on in a better place.

Human mutilation used to be one of the late night horror stories at NTC.

Keeps the guys standing watch awake.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If it's aliens, you have to wonder....an honor or a nightmare?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Hah! These days you can't pay joes to stay awake in the field.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I've seen two UFOs in my life.

2 very distinctly acting objects far away.

The Phoenix lights is the show I wanna see in my lifetime.

Edit:

Well, hopefully without kidnapping anyone.
edit on 10 11 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I've been researching the UFO phenomenon for a number of years now, and had never heard this!!! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!! Also a very, very VERY welcome topic amoungst the sea of political BS.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

EDIT: Double Post.
edit on 10/11/2016 by Badams because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
If it's aliens, you have to wonder....an honor or a nightmare?

Hors d'oeuvres

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Bedlam

Hah! These days you can't pay joes to stay awake in the field.

Legend has it that some people standing watch at Walker AFB were mutilated and dropped in the nearby desert, as payback.

Ever since, they still like to dish out a little revenge. Especially in empty desert areas. At night. They mostly come when you fall asleep. Mostly.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
There is also a found footage/sy-fy/thriller movie that just came out that is based on the disappearances.
m.imdb.com...

Er, no. The websites about the (fictitious) disappearance of these men were part of an excellent multi-media viral marketing scheme for "The Phoenix Incident" (2015) movie. The people that supposedly disappeared were (and remain...) actors. Sadly, in my opinion the marketing campaign was more interesting and more innovative than the movie itself - which personally I found slightly disappointing. I thought this background was well known but, judging from the comments above (in which no-one has pointed out the actual facts and there are currently 14 flags...), it seems I was too optimistic. Ufology has a very short memory of the exposure of hoaxes.

Edit to add : TL;DR - No one "went missing"...
edit on 10-11-2016 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I have to chime in with the rest of the posters here, I never heard of this story. Makes me want to look into it more and watch the movie. Great thread OP!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
m.imdb.com...

Er, no. The websites about the (fictitious) disappearance of these men were part of an excellent multi-media viral marketing scheme for "The Phoenix Incident" (2015) movie. The people that supposedly disappeared were (and remain...) actors. Sadly, in my opinion the marketing campaign was more interesting and more innovative than the movie itself - which personally I found slightly disappointing. I thought this background was well known but, judging from the comments above (in which no-one has pointed out the actual facts and there are currently 14 flags...), it seems I was too optimistic. Ufology has a very short memory of the exposure of hoaxes.

Edit to add : TL;DR - No one "went missing"...

I was gonna say, with all the publicity the Phoenix Lights got surely this would have come up in a documentary beforehand. Cool story, even if it's a hoax.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

To add to that, the Phoenix Lights were just military planes doing training exercises that involved flare drops:

The Phoenix Lights - Laying To Rest The Myth

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
i was wondering exactly the same thing as i read the OP, with how widely known the story of the Lights is in general it just doesn't seem possible for something like the disappearance of four entire people to remain unknown....

Good thing for us we have the esteemed Mr. Koi here with the real information, as always

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Finally an old school thread, missed this.

It brings more mystery to that night.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join