It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Were you mad before, mad now, or still mad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Our political system needs a severe shakeup. Yet most of Congress were re-elected. Our system was based on a two (or more) party system for some form of balance and covering different viewpoints and getting along through Compromise. That has gone along the wayside. Hillary being shady and known for that, means we would keep a close eye on her. Despising Hillary in no way reduces Trump's severe character flaws. Pre-war Germany needed a political shakeup too. Look what they ended up with.
Rebuilding infrastructure and building up our military? At the same time we cut taxes? That's exactly why we owe so much to China and other US debt buying countries. Spending more than we take in with taxes. Our economy crashed in part because Bush started TWO wars while cutting taxes, then left Obama to pick up the pieces. Has he done great? Not really. But it has improved. We also deregulated banking and let them run wild. They can invest in crazy schemes now, and leave us holding the bag... but there ain't no money in the bag. Banks make record profits.... but how much do you get in interest for your savings? Basically Nothing At All.
So do we really prefer cutting environmental regulations that try to keep our air, water, food, natural resources, and lives free of poisons and ruin, in order to let corporations run rampant because we are told they will share the money with new jobs? Short term thinking that may produce more crappy jobs that create more profits funneled up for the 1%. Is that the answer?
The whole reason we have government, is because we need governing. It is rules and regulations that keep the greedy under control. We lost control. We let the foxes rule the hen house. We let lobbyists make legislation. We let corporations donate unlimited anonymous dollars to political action committees. So who do we elect? A wealthy guy that has a vast record of screwing other people over.
More of the problem lies with Congress. They propose legislation, pass bills, control spending, and decide where and who the money ends up with. We re-elected most of them again. We place so much emphasis on the President, who appoints people to head agencies and Departments, that we forget the bulk of our problems lie with Congress. I was mad before. I'm still mad. That won't change anytime soon. Crooked insider/egomaniac with no experience and a bad temper.... we let it get this far on our own.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Im mad at this wall of text, i lasted 1 sentence.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jaxnmarko

I'm Mad All the Time Because someone Told me it Was the " New " Happy .

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What he said...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I've always been mad.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dan00

I've always been mad.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
YES.
Nothings happened yet.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I feel great!

This has nothing to do with the election or politics, however.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wasn't mad before the election,,, not mad now. I could care less at this point about all the hoo haw. By Monday everything will be back to somewhat normal except for talking heads on CNN stirring up the masses as usual.

Trump is only one man and can only do so much. Congress will keep him in check. If he screws up, impeach his ass and live with Pence... still going to be a Republican White House and both houses no matter what happens at this point.
edit on R212016-11-10T01:21:25-06:00k2111Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R212016-11-10T01:21:53-06:00k2111Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
What the Americans actually elected is the ceasing of 'kicking-the-dented-can' down the pot-hole road anymore.

Now its time to start imprisoning every coward that is getting ready to blame Trump for the coming economical collapse. This collapse was going to happen anyway.

Actually, i couldn't be more happy, because now all Luciferian globalists in this world are going to be judged for the Crimes they have committed against humanity.

Its now time to pull back the curtains on the World Stage and watch a massive transformation to occur where all world power shifts from the elite to the peasants.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
Im mad at this wall of text, i lasted 1 sentence.

Yeah I gave it a miss. What was it about?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: Dan00

I've always been mad.

That was great!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AttitudeProblem
What he said...

That's the BEST mad i've seen.

edit on 10-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Our political system needs a severe shakeup. Yet most of Congress were re-elected.

The life-time career politicians should all be voted out! We have representatives in their 70's and having over 25 years in office! These members get too much power and influence over newly elected members who may have new and better ideas. They're also more likely to be bought by corporate donors.

I wasn't a Trump supporter, but I definitely agree with his assessment of having a 2 term-limit for congress.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

If the US cut defence spending by about 30% all your problems would be solved, and stop invading other countries for your Globalist masters

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Good lord...

You should try books then! Entire pages, chock full of words they are!

Honestly, does everyone around here have an actual EXCUSE to be this lazy? I am sure I recall a time when it was perfectly legitimate to expect people to read text in nearly any standard format!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I think it is pretty mad to hand the keys to the castle to a property developer who has as many failed projects under his belt as Mr Trump, but thats by the by.

You are right to be concerned about how he intends to finance all these tax cuts and spending rounds he is talking about, because I cannot see where the money is coming from, unless he does something truly useful and recalls all troops, vessels and aircraft to American shores, and leaves them there for ten years, not doing anything, not even flying training missions, or allowing the Navy to conduct or take part in war games.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
congress has the lowest approval rating in history and people re-elected the same representatives that they said are doing a terrible job, stupid people get what they deserve.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

agreed,
and we need to cut foreign aid by %100 at least until we pay off our 19 trillion dollar debt.

why should we keep borrowing money and giving it to other countries? if they need money let them borrow it.

top topics

join