It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faithless Elector

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Could we be in for a real true shakeup?

In United States presidential elections, a faithless elector is a member of the United States Electoral College who does not vote for the presidential or vice-presidential candidate for whom they had pledged to vote. That is, they actually vote for another candidate, or fail to vote, or choose not to vote. A pledged elector can become a faithless elector only by breaking their pledge; unpledged electors have no pledge to break.

In some states this is illegal however in others, it is not and there is virtually no penalty for doing so. If these electors were to "flip back" even one or two key states that would be all it took. States with big a big electorate count such as Florida could swing the whole thing.

It's a long shot but the possibility exists. Now wouldn't that be a grand show for the masses.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Could we be in for a real true shakeup?

In United States presidential elections, a faithless elector is a member of the United States Electoral College who does not vote for the presidential or vice-presidential candidate for whom they had pledged to vote. That is, they actually vote for another candidate, or fail to vote, or choose not to vote. A pledged elector can become a faithless elector only by breaking their pledge; unpledged electors have no pledge to break.

In some states this is illegal however in others, it is not and there is virtually no penalty for doing so. If these electors were to "flip back" even one or two key states that would be all it took. States with big a big electorate count such as Florida could swing the whole thing.

It's a long shot but the possibility exists. Now wouldn't that be a grand show for the masses.
en.wikipedia.org...

This is interesting, i'm going to take a look at it, will bm it.

So if Florida flipped back as one of the key states.. can they do that?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

If all 29(?) of the electors were to be faithless, yes. Some states have a provision where the faithless elector vote is not counted.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

nm
edit on 10-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The electors will do as they were ordered by the American people.

The people who hold these positions are steadfast rule followers.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

2 in almost 30 years. Yes hardly worth an alarm.

However, what would be the odds of Trump being in the White house in late 2015?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Here's a fascinating link that may explain it better than wiki; it answered some of my questions, esp about HRC already conceding.
blog link

Interesting to note that the day the electoral votes are due, 19 Dec 2016, not only does Mercury go retrograde, but it is conjunct Pluto. If you don't do astrology but are curious, here's a few links that that give some insight; suffice it to say it opens the door to possible upsets/miscommunication.
Pandora Astrology
Cafe Astrology

Also there's a hashtag #faithlesselectors

Also note that the first of three of Trump's court date for the Trump University Fraud thing is on 28 Nov 2016, before the electoral vote date of 19 Dec. And impeachment before he even gets in office is not out of the realm of possibility. Law News-impeach

In this weird year anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Here's a really nice breakdown of the electoral college elector laws by state.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SCGrits

who`s going to impeach him? not a republican controlled congress.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Greggers

2 in almost 30 years. Yes hardly worth an alarm.

However, what would be the odds of Trump being in the White house in late 2015?

I dunno. The Back-to-the-Future movies seemed to eerily predict this 30 years ago.

And I gotta be honest. That, along with the Cubs winning the WS (also predicted by the movie) freaks me out a little.

Just a little.

I mean, the cubs had to win sometime, and the prediction was off by one year....

Still, Trump as President... Freaky.

edit on 10-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join