It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why is Nobody Marching on the Media Establishment?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I disagree and think it has everything to do with the media or the medium as it were. Who stands to gain anything by having these protests tonight for instance?

Well I think it had to do with the media because after fake scandal after fake scandal is investigated by a GOP lead congressional committee. Then finds no wrong doing. The People on the right don't know who to believe..

They believed the GOP talking heads when they said reason was committed in Benghazi,the IRS scandal,planned parent hood , hillarys emails..all investigated by GOP lead agencies who found no wrong doing...

Why because the system is so rigged they don't have to break the law to cheat and win...politicians ages ago wrote them all in lop holes..exactly like insider trading is legal for elected officials..

Trump just took the ball and turned it back around and pointed it at the republicans.

he has sold it like they are both in on it.. the establishment..the media..everyone not a regular person or Donald trump..

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Beyond fluff pieces, no. They have proven they cannot be trusted. Laws need to be passed to break up the corporate monopoly stranglehold on the American press... until that happens, mainstream news in this nation is establishment propaganda.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes, TV's, internets (hehe) and radios have an off button. What about that guy at the office or on the floor or in ATS who spouts the same talking points unwittingly knowing they are nothing more than propaganda?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Yes, TV's, internets (hehe) and radios have an off button. What about that guy at the office or on the floor or in ATS who spouts the same talking points unwittingly knowing they are nothing more than propaganda?

Pointing, laughing, and ridicule works wonders on most folks.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I remember a while back I posted how our independent media was taken over by the conglomerates, Is not going to be broken that easy, heck we could not even brake the big banks when the market collapse in 2008.

Now they have gotten even bigger than before.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: marg6043

Beyond fluff pieces, no. They have proven they cannot be trusted. Laws need to be passed to break up the corporate monopoly stranglehold on the American press... until that happens, mainstream news in this nation is establishment propaganda.

The first one we need to bust up is Murdoch, fair and balanced, my ass

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Greggers
There is documented proof to the contrary. It is the reason DWS lost her position mind you.
observer.com...

So you weren't referring to the Atlas document, then. Thanks for clarifying.

If your claiming that they BS websites should be marched on then how could the media at the same time not be feeding anyone anything?

I didn't say you SHOULD be marching on those websites. I asked you why you weren't, because you're asking why people aren't marching on the MSM. The truth is, those websites published many 100% fake stories during the final weeks of the campaign.

Like them or not, biased or not, the MSM were far more reputable.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Therein lies my issue. Under freedom of press, they can write, publish whatever. Their integrity lies on getting it mostly right but now we have a great divide and even though the verbiage used at it's core has the form of truth, it's not always the case that that is exactly how the event/interview etc went down.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Why is Nobody Marching on the Media Establishment?

They will soon. People feel more in control now with an actual Leader at the helm.

Like dominos one by one we get to watch them all fall down.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Therein lies my issue. Under freedom of press, they can write, publish whatever. Their integrity lies on getting it mostly right but now we have a great divide and even though the verbiage used at it's core has the form of truth, it's not always the case that that is exactly how the event/interview etc went down.

I was thinking about this today. There clearly is a problem when most people get their media from a handful of wealthy companies with direct business interests in the election. It seems to me that getting money out of politics so the politicians are actually beholden to the people instead of the wealthy elite would be a good start.

However, there also seems to be a hypocrisy wherein some people blame the MSM for things and refuse to acknowledge that the media they prefer does far worse. That was really my point.

Also, I really don't think it's true that the MSM is responsible for working these protestors up into a lather. I feel causation is mult-faceted, including:
1) Trump's own divisive rhetoric.
2) The media's failure to discuss the reasons why Trump's message resonated with working class white people. My honest opinion of why this failure occurred is simple: They didn't GET it. Either that, or they were more interested in ratings. Probably both.
3) Larger sociological factors predisposing certain populations to violence

.. and so forth.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Great point! Yes...that time is coming. But as for tonight's protesters.. the fact that they're marching around Trump properties, instead of the MSM which fed them the false dribble, tells you that they're not that bright. If they were, Hillary Clinton would be President.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The media could, if there was a profitable reason, back the people and actually want to give them the story. As you stated however, having them owned by monopolies detracts from that to a huge degree.

Trumps divisive rhetoric exists. To the intensity that people are proclaiming? I don't think so at all. This has been a spin and hype campaign since the beginning. Thanks to the MSM

I agree with your second point. Catering common stories to the common American is not a ratings maker.

I do believe the MSM more than anything shares a large part of a Trump presidency more than anything and it eludes me as to why no one will hold them accountable in responsibility to the freedom of press.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

The media could, if there was a profitable reason, back the people and actually want to give them the story. As you stated however, having them owned by monopolies detracts from that to a huge degree.

Trumps divisive rhetoric exists. To the intensity that people are proclaiming? I don't think so at all. This has been a spin and hype campaign since the beginning. Thanks to the MSM

I agree with your second point. Catering common stories to the common American is not a ratings maker.

I do believe the MSM more than anything shares a large part of a Trump presidency more than anything and it eludes me as to why no one will hold them accountable in responsibility to the freedom of press.

I agree with much of what you've said.

My only nit is this: In my opinion, Trump's divisive rhetoric was at times so incredible that when people heard what he said, their gut reaction was, "Are you kidding me? He said What?!" As a result, the media could generate ratings by discussing his statements over and over.

So I'm not denying that the press played it up, but I see it as being primarily about ratings rather than some secret agenda. Trump was salacious. His statements drew crowds.

I also think the reason Trump is president is simple: His message really resonated with white, working class voters in the rust belt who felt disenfranchised by bad trade policies that had, in many cases, cost them their jobs and their standard of living.

Even if the press didn't talk about it, the people got it. That's why they voted for him.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: JesusXst

Great point! Yes...that time is coming. But as for tonight's protesters.. the fact that they're marching around Trump properties, instead of the MSM which fed them the false dribble, tells you that they're not that bright. If they were, Hillary Clinton would be President.

Yes it's funny how karma (name yours here) comes back to bite people that really do deserve it.

The way that America has been run for the past few decades, shows up bright and clear in the Education Dept.

People have been dumbed down, so much so, they couldn't handle a Trump win. The snowflakes are having a major melt down over this.

But they are the Product of the System so their not being bright is a bit of an UP and UP for those who voted for Normalcy by Voting for Trump.

edit on 10-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

So I'm not denying that the press played it up, but I see it as being primarily about ratings rather than some secret agenda.

That is the essence. The press is about ratings. My opinion is that the 1st Amendment was not created to protect their corporate interests.

PS. I'm not trying to discount your other words just keeping the posts short.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Why is Nobody Marching on the Media Establishment

maybe they are , their just not covering it

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Why when the media wasted no time deflecting with their over the air "white lash" commentary?

How do they get away with hate speech and not get their licenses revoked is the real mystery.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Hope TRUMPOTUS will address this to stop it happening again because as things stand now folk will never believe them again!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

Schrodingers CNN?

The slippery slope of the freedom of press has hit a new low this election. I'm not the person to look to for an answer but I can see the problem.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Does this apply to ALL media, or just those networks that share a different viewpoint to you?

Genuine question. As far as I am aware Fox News backed Trump (I don't know for certain, I avoid Fox like the plague), so Im just curious if we should rail against ALL media, or just those networks that didn't support Trump?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join