It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 800 pound Gorilla in the room

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Now that Trump has won the election there is a gigantic looming threat that no one is talking about- the extremist, Republican congress. With Trump in the white house the Republicans under far-right extremist Ryan (if he's still their leader) will be emboldened to unleash their ultra-right wing destructive dreams upon America. Drastic and terrifying plans like eliminating social security and drastically cutting medicare, jailing women who have miscarriages, eliminating our right to elect our senators and jailing reporters for reporting the truth will likely be brought up in congress leaving the America that we have known for generations on the brink of complete annihalation.

It's ironic that all the morons claiming that Obama was destroying America will be completely blindsided by a barbaric, medieval lurch to the caveman era that will be completely unprecedented in modern history and will truly reshape the country until it's unrecognizable.

The true irony here is that Trump the barbarian warrior is actually not as extreme on some of these issues as congress is, and he may be the only person who can save America from utter destruction with the power of his veto. Whether he will be able to stand up to the tea-party, caveman congress is the $64000 question now.

www.dailykos.com...

www.democracynow.org...

edit on 9-11-2016 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I had hope for that until he chose Pence. Now we are sandwiched between an oligarchy and a theocracy. Doesn't that sound like the middle east way of governing. Mm......

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

It will be ok
You are just understandably upset

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Oh, now, be nice. Just think if that crooked and evil Hillary and her husband, daughter and the Foundation had won.

We came out the winner of a no-win contest.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Pence is a great insurance plan like Biden. Kill me, you get a guy further down the spectrum.
Maybe that's why Clinton picked that other unlikable idiot too.
a reply to: MOMof3

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
How the hell can we win with a congress that wants to take away all of our rights and prosperity???

You people have obviously paid zero attention to all the bills and plans the Republicans have been making for the last decade.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I am hoping that theyll be less "medieval" than Obama, forcing us to buy a service from for-profit insurance companies under threat of fines and imprisonment, writing indefinite detentions into law, expanding civil asset forfeitures, prosecuting whistle blowers, foreign militarism, warrant-less spying, sky rocketing debt etc.

But I'm not very enthusiastic.

Under a GOP controlled Congress, Bush began many of the policies that Obama continued, giving us more government, more debt, pre-emptive lie based wars, warrant-less spying, the citizen kill lists etc.

Will this President and GOP reduce the size of government, get rid of agencies/bureaucracies, restore the 4th Amendment, cut spending, lower taxes, repeal thousands of rules and regulations?

Or will they continue the pattern of past Republicans and Democrats?

We'll just have to wait and see.

edit on 9-11-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be in the Mudpit?

And what 800 lb. gorilla? The dead one thousands of idiots voted for?
Trump was a left-leaning Democrat 16 years ago.
I think he stands the chance of at least pandering to both parties.

It hasn't even been 24 hours yet....

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Maybe you should learn to read before criticizing people. Tump isn't the Gorilla, the Tea-party controlled Republican congress is.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What you can't seem to grasp is that Trump is a symptom of Obama and the left that haven't yet learned the lesson of how you go about effecting change is just as important as the why.

The left tried to divide and conquer and force their medicine down everyone's throats because we're all stupid and they know best - And it didn't fly.

Even if they're right and their medicine is the one we need (which I think in some cases is true), you can't just force someone to take it or they'll spit it back in your face every time. We, as a nation, need to become much more adept at communicating our ideas instead of a select few behind closed doors attempting to manipulate people into a groupthink. Because, quite simply, that will never work in the end. Not in America. Not ever. The people will get wise.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Time to update those old FEMA camp maps and road routes.

Time to spend money on infrastructure like modernizing those FEMA camps.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Trump needed to seem conservative for votes, why is abortion so important to liberals anyway. Chris Matthews on msnbc was the one who brought a ban on abortion and punishment then Trump took the bait on his questioning, for headlines ofcourse.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

How the hell can we win with a congress that wants to take away all of our rights and prosperity???

Ummm, you mean like Clinton wanting to use EOs to take away gun rights? Also, what prosperity? People that voted for Trump are not experiencing the 'prosperity' you seem to be and have been left behind. That anger at the Bush / Obama 16 years of crap is what gave us Trump.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Let's give this man a chance.

Hell , we even gave an unemployable human rights " race hustler " lawyer, 8 years of our time .

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Dude, I'd rejoice over most of those changes... but they're not going to happen. Step back from the woe is me nonsense and celebrate the fact that this is finally over and actual work to restore America can begin in earnest.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Well Obama had the same with congress and senate in the first two years and wasted the opportunity. Gave us ACA. Could of done a whole lot more if they would of set there egos aside and did some real work.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I would hesitate to call the Republicans in Congress "extreme" considering they basically rolled over for the ACA and Executive Amnesty.

The current crop of Republicans have been little more than "token opposition" during the Obama administration because he kept the gravy train for the Establishment running, regardless of what side of the aisle they sat on.

With Trump upsetting the apple cart I think we'll see the current Republicans start putting their money where their mouth is in terms of REAL conservative legislation practices. Otherwise they face being ousted in two years.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The one good thing is now the right will no longer be able to call anyone else "regressive". The true regressives will be on display for everyone to see. Conservatives have become the new PC, the establishment. Oh, the irony.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

Why are only conservatives the right people and the right way. That sounds like a religion.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much yet. The Republicans still lack a filibuster proof Senate (60 seats), so Democrats could potentially pull off the same obstructionism that we have seen from Republicans for the last six years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join