It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Would Trump Supporters Be Acting Like Petulant Children?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
To be fair I am more of a Hillary hater then I am a Trump supporter, but damnit, give the man a chance at least. I have a feeling Trump supporters wouldn't be in the streets acting like spoiled brats had their candidate lost.

We (surprisingly to me) had a free and open election. Now is the time to act like grownups and move forward with the winner. I had to live through Bush for 8 years then Obama for 8 years. The least we can do is let Trump have our support...it doesn't benefit anyone to have him fail...America is more important than your ego and feelings.

If I have had to move on for the last 16 years you can do it for 4.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

No sir, we would have accepted the loss like we have the last two elections and carried on with our daily lives. ( answer to thread title)

As for the idiots protesting, they will be forgotten in a couple days.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I don't recall massive protests in major cities shutting down streets in 2008.
Or in 2012.

2016 brought on a bunch of butthurt criminal supporters out of their armchairs.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

This thread was a good start.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
To be fair I am more of a Hillary hater then I am a Trump supporter, but damnit, give the man a chance at least. I have a feeling Trump supporters wouldn't be in the streets acting like spoiled brats had their candidate lost.

We (surprisingly to me) had a free and open election. Now is the time to act like grownups and move forward with the winner. I had to live through Bush for 8 years then Obama for 8 years. The least we can do is let Trump have our support...it doesn't benefit anyone to have him fail...America is more important than your ego and feelings.

If I have had to move on for the last 16 years you can do it for 4.

Are you sure about that? There was quite a bit of talk in the run up about muskets and stuff - a lot of people believing this was the line in the sand before the globalists.

But then it's really easy to speculate.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Wanna see the youtube videos of people calling Obama a monkey at a Tparty gathering?

edit on 9-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I would have hoped HIllary would have done well, but been very skeptical. However, many Trump supporters would have whined and moaned.

But I don't think we would have seen protests like this. They didn't in 08 or 12,, and conservatives groups rarely have these types of protests or riots.

No, the party of PEACE and LOVE are the ones that actually take to the street, damage property, light fires and threaten to kill supporters of the other candidate.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Of course they wouldn't! Think about it: Obama was elected, twice. Both times he ran on Obamacare being a big issue. The half of us who understood, both times he was elected, exactly what a disaster was awaiting us did not go rant and rave and cry and storm the streets and burn things.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok

I don't recall massive protests in major cities shutting down streets in 2008.
Or in 2012.

2016 brought on a bunch of butthurt criminal supporters out of their armchairs.

Well you can thank our friendly neighborhood domestic terrorist supporter George Soros and his Nazi like cult MoveOn.org for inciting this bullsh**

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Alex Jones would be standing on a fire hydrant screaming through a mega phone surrounded by a sea of red.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
no we would be at work and know it wouldn't do any good anyway. they are just stupid college kids and uninformed people.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I have to agree with Van Jones on this one:

“You need to have a little bit of empathy and understanding for people who are afraid because your candidate has been one of the most explosively provocative candidates in the history of our country, and there is a price to be paid for that,
You have people who are terrified, and you have to take some responsibility for it. I am not spreading the terror. I am trying to damp it down."

“You have people, Latino families, who say, ‘This guy has said that he’s going to deport millions of people.’ They don’t know, should they sell their homes? They are terrified. That is a real fear. You have Muslims who have heard him say nothing good about the Muslim community the entire campaign. That is a real fear.”

“If you talk to the actual people at the base, here is what you hear. Terror. Terrified Latinos. Terrified Muslims. I had a Muslim mother asking me, ‘Should I leave the country? Are they going intern us?"
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 9-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
No way. Would have felt bad, went home, wondering how to prepare for the worst. In rural Texas it would just be a bunch of people packing heat saying "yup", agreeing with what anybody has to say. Haha
You won't find many Trump people (working class tax payers) in the metropolitan inner cities.
Let them burn their neighborhood down. There isn't any money for projects in the country. Maybe Mexico will build these idiots some free housing and give them food stamps when the inner cities are in ashes. LoL
reply to: Metallicus

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I have to agree with Van Jones on this one:

“You need to have a little bit of empathy and understanding for people who are afraid because your candidate has been one of the most explosively provocative candidates in the history of our country, and there is a price to be paid for that,
You have people who are terrified, and you have to take some responsibility for it. I am not spreading the terror. I am trying to damp it down."

“You have people, Latino families, who say, ‘This guy has said that he’s going to deport millions of people.’ They don’t know, should they sell their homes? They are terrified. That is a real fear. You have Muslims who have heard him say nothing good about the Muslim community the entire campaign. That is a real fear.”

“If you talk to the actual people at the base, here is what you hear. Terror. Terrified Latinos. Terrified Muslims. I had a Muslim mother asking me, ‘Should I leave the country? Are they going intern us?"
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I agree with the empathy thing actually. I understand people being afraid of Trump, and I feel for them. But many of these protestors don't seem to have a reason. Lets have a conversation, I am fine with that.

But empathy works both ways. These people have no empathy for people like rural voters that feel like the system through them overboard thirty years ago. Even today you see these protestors screaming how all trump supporters are racist.

I can only hope cooler heads prevail. Its time for politicians, entertainers, the media, and academia to stop causing divisions. It didn't seem like things were this bad before Obama. But it needs to stop.

But we as individuals need to start having empathy for people that disagree with us. Its ok to have a different opinion, that doesn't make the person disagreeing with you evil.

All I can do is to try and improve on this myself, and that is what I am trying to do, but I still have a lot of work to go.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

www.prisonplanet.com...

Oh the Suffering Masses of Asses.......

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Trump supporters would be having a fit of epic proportions like you wouldn't believe.

Not only would a lot of his supporters be extremely poor losers, some are demonstrating they are sore winners.
edit on 9-11-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Alex Jones hardly constitutes a majority, or even a large minority. He barely registers as a minuscule minority. Contrary to what he'd have people believe...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

This was our brand new President-elect in 2012.

Thanks Donald! (I'm starting that now btw)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

What year is it now?

People have been known to change their views from time to time...

Look, I don't like him, either. But how about we give him a chance to actually screw up before we lynch him? Or is that too much to ask?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This was our brand new President-elect in 2012.

Thanks Donald! (I'm starting that now btw)

Was he a politician then? Was he on the street lighting effigies of Obama on fire? Was he suggesting killing Obama?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join