It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Lets talk about voter suppression.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Oh come now.
Politicians love poor people's votes.
Democrats get many minority votes and we are always told they are poor.
Republicans are uneducated therefore poor as well.

My entire town votes in the same place that's broken down into six districts.
Two of the districts had long lines and the rest were fairly short.
No those are not poor areas of town either, just more population.

I understand what you are saying, but 2.5 hours vs 15 mins. comeon, some douche weasel planned this. And this is in a vast majority white suburb, wth goes on in the hood?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Metallicus

I was harassed by two Hillary nuts on my way into the poll. They were calling me a racist and a bigot after I told them I didn't want their Hillary information. Are they allowed to do that in front of a polling place? I certainly felt mortified and angry. Isn't this suppression?

In my state, they are not allowed within 100 ft of the entrance to the polling place. We had a lady, supporting a republican house candidate, about 101 ft away, but she was pleasant, had her dog with her, and was just thanking everyone for coming out to vote.

They were outside the polling place and easily 100' away in the parking lot so I think it was probably legal to be there. I don't mind that they were there I mind that I was harassed by these goons (actually the man looked like Gandalf the wizard and the woman looked like Aunt Bee so it was weird that they were so aggressive).

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

I was harassed by two Hillary nuts on my way into the poll. They were calling me a racist and a bigot after I told them I didn't want their Hillary information. Are they allowed to do that in front of a polling place? I certainly felt mortified and angry. Isn't this suppression?

In my state, they are not allowed within 100 ft of the entrance to the polling place. We had a lady, supporting a republican house candidate, about 101 ft away, but she was pleasant, had her dog with her, and was just thanking everyone for coming out to vote.

They were outside the polling place and easily 100' away in the parking lot so I think it was probably legal to be there. I don't mind that they were there I mind that I was harassed by these goons (actually the man looked like Gandalf the wizard and the woman looked like Aunt Bee so it was weird that they were so aggressive).

I honestly feel for you man, I have never been harrassed like that. Yeah can see where that would bother you, and the name calling. At least here in MO, the polling place volunteers for the candidates have always been jovial. The one that sticks out in my mind was at the primary, for a repub state rep, she was defeated in the primary. The guy that beat her is a tea party ass hat. I wrote her in yesterday, just because I have met her a couple of times, she turns out for all of the veteran events. Sometimes politicians are just people too.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I live in a neighborhood that is solid middle class, but has a high-rise project in it. We all vote at the same place (used to be right next door at the church there, but now it moved about 3/4 mile away. Everyone was calm, but somber. We got there at 7:03 and there was a line. We were out by 7:38. No hecklers or rowdies. No "projects" people really either - just our normal neighbors of all colors, sizes, ages, races. Cordial but minimal eye contact.

I usually don't have to wait long. When we got done the line was shorter.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
In my neck of the woods, it was busier this year than the last several elections. The past few elections (bush plus obama) there was a crowd but the wait was no longer than a ten minutes, sometimes you could choose a time of day and vote without the wait. This is for early voting as well.

This past election it stayed packed. During opening hours there was a line snaking outside and if you drive past during the middle of the day there was still a crowd, very busy!

What i find amazing are the numbers. Around 130 million Americans voted this election (roughly). Minus felons and those that cannot vote, that's a voter turnout of what, less than 50%?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join