It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Lets talk about voter suppression.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Personal experience, no sources to back this up. My sister lives about 3/4 of mile south of me, in a relative well to do neighborhood, surrounded by McMansions. 2 polling places less than a mile apart, I have to go to the north one in the older, less wealthy portion of town, I wait in line 2.5 hours. My sister lives in the high class part of town, she walked in and voted with no wait, in and out in 15 minutes, anyone else see a problem here?

ETA: We both got to the polling place at the same time.
edit on 11/9/2016 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Population density?

High voter turnout as well.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The failures are on the backs of local government.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Population density?

High voter turnout as well.

I feel that it is the way the precincts are drawn, didn't mention, the line was twice as long when I finished.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The failures are on the backs of local government.

True, and you want to give them more power?

ETA: My sister and I are in the same zip code, and both polling places are .5 miles from my home.
edit on 11/9/2016 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I was harassed by two Hillary nuts on my way into the poll. They were calling me a racist and a bigot after I told them I didn't want their Hillary information. Are they allowed to do that in front of a polling place? I certainly felt mortified and angry. Isn't this suppression?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I was harassed by two Hillary nuts on my way into the poll. They were calling me a racist and a bigot after I told them I didn't want their Hillary information. Are they allowed to do that in front of a polling place? I certainly felt mortified and angry. Isn't this suppression?

In my state, they are not allowed within 100 ft of the entrance to the polling place. We had a lady, supporting a republican house candidate, about 101 ft away, but she was pleasant, had her dog with her, and was just thanking everyone for coming out to vote.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I got a few of those at my door this year.

link   

I live here in the south, I think it has to do with the time you get in, my husband and I went to the same place to vote, he had to wait in line for half and hour when he went in at 7:00, I waited three hours later and It was no wait.

Actually every time I have voted in the same place I never have to wait, now I always go around the same time.

link   

Sure, could be that. Working class folks really were compelled to the polls by both sides.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

In my neck of the woods is the same, It was people on the outside of the parking lot to the voting precinct with signs waving but nobody was near the entrance and nobody has ever approach me to talk to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I live here in the south, I think it has to do with the time you get in, my husband and I went to the same place to vote, he had to wait in line for half and hour when he went in at 7:00, I waited three hours later and It was no wait.

Actually every time I have voted in the same place I never have to wait, now I always go around the same time.

My BIL and neice also had no wait, both voted at different times. The elderly couple behind me in line told me the line had been that long all three times they have driven by that day. Poor you must wait in line vs. Oh you have money, come on in?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I live in a lower middle class neighborhood. Went in at 8 am and we were done by 830.

ETA: We also share the same polling locations as the projects.

edit on 9-11-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Sure, could be that. Working class folks really were compelled to the polls by both sides.

I drove by at 7:45 in the morning, the line was around the building. I had morning commitments, back at 3:30 pm, made it home at 5:55 pm. This is not the way it should be, most people do not have 2.5 hours to commit to casting their ballot, and god help those when I left, when the line was twice as long. Face it, politicians do not want poor people to vote.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I can't argue with how you feel about things, nor do I wholeheartedly disagree. It was a big turnout and some did have to wait in line for quite awhile.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I live in a lower middle class neighborhood. Went in at 8 am and we were done by 830.

ETA: We also share the same polling locations as the projects.

I would say my neighbor hood is solidly middle class, but surrounded by older/lesser. It is nice to know this is not the case all over the country, guess my county is horked.

(post by LifeMode removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Oh come now.
Politicians love poor people's votes.
Democrats get many minority votes and we are always told they are poor.
Republicans are uneducated therefore poor as well.

My entire town votes in the same place that's broken down into six districts.
Two of the districts had long lines and the rest were fairly short.
No those are not poor areas of town either, just more population.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I personally think that we should have a national holiday for voting day. Most people are distracted for the next day or so anyhow and it is not like it happens every year.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I don't live in an affluent area is more of a mix match of working class, thankfully is always nice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join