It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheppard Smith footage from last night near the win announcement, stalling the call for Trump?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hello, I have a favor to ask of ATS. Im a new member, I joined just to ask this special request.

Last night, I was watching coverage on FOX and this dude Shepard Smith was literally going bonkers near the time when they called it for Trump.
Im not a FOX fan, and I barely knew who that guy was, but I knew it was FOX, and it supposed to be right wing.

But Shep was losing his shiz on national TV. They kept coming up with excuses why they wouldnt call the race for Trump, despite the fact AP and other sources did. They brought in a guy via phone to explain why FOX wasnt calling it. No TV network was calling it, no one wanted to be the first. It was very suspicious, like they knew Hillary was "supposed" to win, and they were stalling bad. Ive never seen anything like it.

There was one point, where Sheppard was wistfully talking about how they were supposed to be seeing the fireworks through the glass ceiling, as Hillary broke though it...it was insane, coming form FOX coverage.

Can anyone find this on youtube, I cant? Please help, I wanna show my friends this and I dont have a DVR so I dont have it recorded.

Thank you ATS community, you are my only hope!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PauHana

Did you click the youtube filter to "newest"? Try finding it that way. I looked but I can't tell which one it might be.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PauHana

You weren't seeing things. It was obvious to many of the members here last night.

Would've been nice to have you on-board with us then.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: PauHana
They kept coming up with excuses why they wouldnt call the race for Trump, despite the fact AP and other sources did. They brought in a guy via phone to explain why FOX wasnt calling it. No TV network was calling it, no one wanted to be the first. It was very suspicious, like they knew Hillary was "supposed" to win, and they were stalling bad. Ive never seen anything like it.

I was flipping between MSNBC, CNN and Fox Business, and had social media running. The issue with not calling it was a report out of Philadelphia precincts that 25% of the vote in some precincts needed to be counted because they were provisional ballots. Provisional meaning people showed up in the city to vote, they weren't on the rolls, and were provided a provisional ballot that would be verified later. Twenty-five percent is astonishing high. It wasn't one or two precincts, but many. That's just how Philly rolls. Detroit was reporting a very high number of absentee ballots that still needed to be counted. Since both states were now in play, networks didn't want to make a call that could later be challenged thus triggering a recount. No one wanted to go first.

I believe AP finally called it. I got a text that Trump won, but didn't see Fox Business calling the race nor MSNBC, CNN.

The candidates had to get their game on and decide who was/wasn't showing up, and the President had to make his call to each candidate. That all goes on before the election is "called" on national t.v. The on-air personalities are getting info via an earpiece, then they disseminate, and turn it into t.v. talk. Producer could have whispered in his ear that AP called the election based on PA, but Fox couldn't yet confirm via their own sources. If something sounds too fantastical to believe, it surely will impact their reporting.

Didn't see Shep Smith's reporting. He's capable of providing great blow-by-blow summaries that get just-tuning-in viewers up to speed.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
And you didn't know FOX was a shill for Clinton???? WOW!!

Megyn Kelly gave that away months ago!! They "act" conservative, but they were in the hole for Hillary!!

NEVER WATCH FOX!!!

They're the WORST of the WORST!!..

At least CNN was very open about shilling/rooting for Hillary last night...it was all about how she could win if the just got "this or that". At least they didn't hide it. (Yeah, today they're backing up majorly, but last night it was pretty clear). Fox...not so much!!

Lying, cheating, establishmentarian THIEVES!!!

Screw 'em!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The media's retaliation against Trump and his presidency is going to be something to behold. We've only seen the first flicker of the firestorm to come. They're going to make his life miserable.

That's one thing I don't think his detractors in the citizenry appreciate. Trump vanquished the establishment on all fronts. Literally everything was against him, but the people and the electoral college. I'm greatly skeptical of what a Trump presidency entails, but what he has accomplished thus far is nothing short of remarkable.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't know about FOX.

I do know CNN was one of the last to call it, and I learned today on the Michael Smirconish show on Sirius/XM that it was because the guy who runs CNN called all the talent into a conference call where he told everyone he didn't care if CNN got scooped, as long as they didn't embarrass themselves by calling a state incorrectly.

Keep in mind, this was early in the day, back when everyone thought Hillary was going to win.

However, during the last hour prior to making it official, King and Blitzer made it very obvious they didn't know what was keeping them from calling it for Trump.. King kept going over and over PA county by county, saying, "I just don't know how it's possible for Hillary to come back here."

And the whole program became a postmortem long before they called it.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The fireworks thing is because Clinton was going to throw celebratory fireworks, I think at 9:30 EST on the 8th.
But then on the 7th she suddenly cancelled them.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

no thats not true. he was talking about the victory celebration

has anyone had any luck? why cant i find FOX election night coverage on the internet?

new topics

top topics

join