It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message To Black Folks and Other Minorities In The New Normal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
How about stop thinking about yourself as a color and perpetuating the self-fulling prophesy of failure and blaming every set back in life on a white phantom menace.

Wish I could except others don't.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: eluryh22

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN...in dog whistle make America white again
a reply to: Spider879

I've grown so weary of the "dog whistle" claims. I cannot recall the ATS member by name, but I remember a wonderful thread created about this "phenomenon."

Claiming "dog whistle" status quite literally means any individual can make an unsubstantiated claim that Statement A really means X or Y

The beautiful thing about it is, like I said, by calling it a "dog whistle" the person making the accusation needs to provide NO evidence, anecdotally or otherwise, to support their claim. Only they can see what is really being said.

Well I might believe you if the Alt Right wasn't in his camp, and supported by KKK groups think why do you think they found him an attractive candidate, come man get real.

So because insane person A "likes" normal person B..... The sins of person A gets transferred to person B?

Do you see how deranged that is?

Or, to put it in another way (since you have a huge focus on race issues)....

Any comments about the New Black Panther party wandering around outside a Philadelphia polling place yielding clubs and intimidating voters? Do those racist s.o.b.'s supporting Obama mean that Obama is a racist?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

How about stop thinking about yourself as a color and perpetuating the self-fulling prophesy of failure and blaming every set back in life on a white phantom menace.

Wait. You created a thread bringing "dog whistle" (aka: speculation at best... outright fabrication at worst).... and then claim that YOU don't focus on race and it's everybody else that does?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I am sorry but I think you are just flat out wrong. This is no better than whites saying when Obama got elected that he was going to wipe out white people.

I have a theory on people who think that saying things like "Make America Great again" is somehow anti black. I think that thought Obamas' "Hope and change" was a promise to bash white people. And because of their racism, they assume a different political message must be anti black.

How else can you explain all of these "dog whistle" claims. The person who is a racist assumes everyone else must also be a racist.

Here is the difference Gambler, Trump started his campaign with racist suggestion of raping Mexicans or illegals and went on from there,ppl cheered his boldness for saying what he thinks instead of hushed tones, plus AAs and others are use to having a White guy as POTUS, the shock for many was the Black guy, they thought Armageddon had arrived, another Rep and I would be disappointed but not as concerned.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Optimist - "we're all humans! We should learn to live and co-exist as just one group of people! One day we'll all unify under one global system where everyone is treated equally. I don't see color."

Realist - "I recognize my race/culture/nationality/religion/etc and realize that we're all different and that stereotyping and bigotry is apart of life and life goes on."

Pessimist - "I hate/fear anyone and everyone that doesn't look like me, doesn't what I believe, or I don't feel comfortable with. Humans will never get along. It's a natural part of life. I marginalize everyone and everything into a group. I can't see past the group everyone in that race/culture/nationality/religion/etc are the same!"

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I fully expect an uptick in police murders

Let me fix that for you with a bit of factual accuracy..

"I fully expect an uptick in police use of deadly force caused by a suspect attacking and/or doing the opposite of EVERYTHING that the police officer tells them"
edit on 9-11-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

How so?

Because Giuliani will make it so he was the one with the stop and frisk.

Damn fine program that one was.

Know why?

It worked!!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I hope that doesn't happen, and if blacks get targeted ill eat crow and speak out.

Also, stop and frisk is sketching you out that hard that you think it's going to be really really bad for black people?

What if he actually delivers with jobs? What if he is honest about addressing low income areas? I get it, all politicians lie.

What did Obama do for you?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

This echoes my feeling before I found this clip.
Now hear me out before you think I am being racial, I believe most white folks not connected through family with black folks and others will be fine or relatively ok under a Trump presidency, even those who hate him , that's if he doesn't crash the economy like he did so many of his businesses , then we are collectively fked.

For us, especially Blacks and Latinos I fully expect an uptick in police murders and sanctioned govt harassment called stop & frisk( Giuliani will be top cop that's his thing ) , continued gerrymandering and voter suppression aka assault on voting rights act..but???

America got the president it deserved, sorry but Hillary was an extremely bad candidate, I told that to my friends and they kept saying nooo way Trump will win, people were not inspired by her, people vote more for something than against something..Trump's message was MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN...in dog whistle make America white again, what's her's???...vote for me I am not Trump???, at least Obama had HOPE & Change and YES WE CAN! the Neo liberals in collusion with the media and the DNC did every thing possible to sabotage Bernie Sanders who was a much better candidate who would have trounced Trump, lookit if Hillary had run against a more establishment Rep candidate she would still get her clock cleaned , she was just that unlikable going in , and it's not because she is a female, Elizabeth Warren would have been much better especially if she had teamed up with Bernie.
Up side is we have gone through worst, our parents and grand parents been through Jim Crow, our great great parents been through the great depression and and our great great great grand parent lived through the scourge of slavery.
What ever happens group economics is a must, there is a need for strategy in what is to become the new normal, most AAs do not carry a passport GET ONE! travel make meaningful contacts through business and friends, have a place you can haul ass if the need arise and TSHF.

Lol liberal buzzwords dogwhistle racism, white-lash esc i swear you people are in love with a word you can use to attack people with. Deplorables hahah how well did that one work out for you huh? Maybe just maybe she had no record to run on and accomplished nothing except failure in most of her positions.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I've grown so weary of the "dog whistle" claims. I cannot recall the ATS member by name, but I remember a wonderful thread created about this "phenomenon."

Claiming "dog whistle" status quite literally means any individual can make an unsubstantiated claim that Statement A really means X or Y

The beautiful thing about it is, like I said, by calling it a "dog whistle" the person making the accusation needs to provide NO evidence, anecdotally or otherwise, to support their claim. Only they can see what is really being said.

Well I might believe you if the Alt Right wasn't in his camp, and supported by KKK groups think why do you think they found him an attractive candidate, come man get real.

So because insane person A "likes" normal person B..... The sins of person A gets transferred to person B?

Any comments about the New Black Panther party wandering around outside a Philadelphia polling place yielding clubs and intimidating voters? Do those racist s.o.b.'s supporting Obama mean that Obama is a racist?

If they actually made calls and worked in Obama's campaign with his full knowledge ...then Yeees! and I would have kick his ass to the curve from the outset.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Stop with your damn "black folk" BS.

We are "Americans". Period!

"Blacks" are no more "African" than my lily white ass is "Irish". Yes, generations ago our ancestors came from other Countries. Not so much today.

Put the racial divide away and focus on being an American above any other label!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I hope that doesn't happen, and if blacks get targeted ill eat crow and speak out.

Also, stop and frisk is sketching you out that hard that you think it's going to be really really bad for black people?

What if he actually delivers with jobs? What if he is honest about addressing low income areas? I get it, all politicians lie.

What did Obama do for you?

You know if that actually happen and there is tangible evidence of that in the next four year then you'll never find a bigger Trumpteer than me..well there is other things like climate denying and stuff that I am concerned with but yeah , i'll eat crow pls pass the salt.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Stop with your damn "black folk" BS.

We are "Americans". Period!

"Blacks" are no more "African" than my lily white ass is "Irish". Yes, generations ago our ancestors came from other Countries. Not so much today.

Put the racial divide away and focus on being an American above any other label!

You know ppl keep saying that, I think most want to believe that, but they never thought about their own actions and perspectives, you saying it shouldn't matter is one thing, but in reality it does or else we wouldn't be having this conversation.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Your didn't answer, what did Obama do for you?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Some limp wristed white boy on youtube is going to give me and/or those that look like me a 'message'??

How about some of us down here actually on the streets send him one back:

Stop being an indoctrinated fool, and telling people that you obviously don't and can't hope to understand what 'they' face.

The problem ain't, you see, who is running the show uptown, be it Obama or Trump;no, the problem is five decades of leftist policy that has destroyed any sense of family or real pride or self determination and cultural respect our damned community once---even under your 'white devil' segregationist---managed to have.

Hell boy, my parents, and even me as a kid, used separate water fountains and had police dogs on us and STILL had a better environment than what I live in right here and right now in west Birmingham, al.

Then the ilk like this 'Jordan' come along at some point, deciding that somehow, someway, they have the answers, they have a 'message'. And let me tell you, they sure as hell did.

The message was clear back then:" Go forth, negro, and VOTE! Break the chains! You are beautiful and we soooo love you colored folks!"

"Pssst.....Just vote for US, agree with US, have a sense of self loathing and cultural disconnect like we noble and divine white and wealthy college boys and girls have!"

I was there, man. I heard your message THEN and look where it got us. Damned near dependent on the USGOV for everything from food to medical to the phones them boys out shooting hoops chat on.( Until the crack sales let them buy those fancy ass smart phones, that is.)

Damn. Trump and all 9 or 10 old toothless leftover klansman that might have but probably didn't support him are hardly a threat to us.

No. The real message to send back is that it's the weird, self hating, almost 100 percent white leftist club and it's policies of 'no personal responsibility required' that has helped to almost utterly destroy my people.

Sanders? More of the same. Clinton? More of the same.

ONLY Trump offered something that might actually help my community.Which is why my part of this nasty semi-ghetto I call home voted for him.

*Sorry for the near rant ATS, but that mentality disgusts me.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Disappointed in how you are taking the lazy way and brushstroking this as racism.

I'm Hispanic libertarian who got behind bernie. Not because of his political views but because i felt he was going to bring attention to the number 1 issue in this country , govt corruption and conflict of interest.

When he endorsed Hillary it disgusted me since she was everything he was suppose to be against .He spit all over his message, his movement, aND supporters. To later find out via wikileak that he made a secret pact with the devil only disgusted me more and solidified further my #neverhillary stance.

Trump winning has little todo with racism or white america. Its about giving the middle finger to the gop, dnc, msm, and the establishment like Micheal Moore said. People had enough from career scandal riddlled politicians like the clintons regardless of color,sex, or anything else.

I don't like trump nor trust trump but the clintons did the impossible and made trump look like a viable candidate.

Also under the democrats and Obama i saw racial tension increase versus deminish. MORAL of the story stereotyping white people or trump supporters is no less of a form of racism than when it's against black Americans or hispanics.

The issues are not black or white and there is blame on ALL sides.

Like I said I don't trust trump but lying to the black African and Latino communities that all their problems stem from the privileged whitey is not helping them any. It's actually doing more harm than good.

I don't see what is worse than getting people to chase their tail in an endless family cycle by distracting them from the truth so they can never fix their problems. So from that point of view, I don't see how trump could be worse than another democrat in office.

I grew up with racism and experienced racism and I'm fully aware it exist. However my parents taught me that life isn't fair and only you can stop yourself from suceeding. It's up to me if I let whitey beat me .

My tool to beat whitey was an education. Once I got that education I saw that racism dwindle and even whitey was coming after me to offer me a job. I took it a step further and married a whitey and became proud papa of a half whitey.

Perhaps grouping people into groups of victims and villians, like the democrats and MSM have done and encouraged might not be the best way to bring people together. Most people don't want to be labeled a victim or villian, it's no wonder racial tension is growing.

Perhaps that whitey was just a D-ck like anyone else of any color is capable of being. It doesn't have to be automatically racism.

Trump winning is an f u to the establishment and bs political correctness that sides steps hard truth. If we can't be treated like adults to handle hard truth on the issues, then we are enslaved by them which is their intentions.

edit on 351130America/ChicagoWed, 09 Nov 2016 21:35:01 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

If they actually made calls and worked in Obama's campaign with his full knowledge ...then Yeees! and I would have kick his ass to the curve from the outset.

You have pay stubs that show the KKK worked for the Trump campaign? If yes, lets talk. If no, your last response was completely meaningless.

Further, can you point to any incidents where the KKK was engaging in physical voter intimidation in a pro-Trump fashion as the New Black Panthers did? If yes, lets talk. If no, then somehow your response is more than completely meaningless.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Then vote. The black voter turn out was very weak and cost Hillary the election.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

If your candidate doesn't get elected cry racist. Got it.

Hillary wasn't my candidate, I fully expect things to go really really bad black folks have to get internal and think about our next move.

Might I suggest JOINING the rest of America here in 2016 and taking a bit of personal responsibility rather than looking for eexcuses to deflect from the crimes that usually occur before these police incidents go down as a solid next move?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Your didn't answer, what did Obama do for you?

Not a damn thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join