It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message To Black Folks and Other Minorities In The New Normal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

This echoes my feeling before I found this clip.
Now hear me out before you think I am being racial, I believe most white folks not connected through family with black folks and others will be fine or relatively ok under a Trump presidency, even those who hate him , that's if he doesn't crash the economy like he did so many of his businesses , then we are collectively fked.

For us, especially Blacks and Latinos I fully expect an uptick in police murders and sanctioned govt harassment called stop & frisk( Giuliani will be top cop that's his thing ) , continued gerrymandering and voter suppression aka assault on voting rights act..but???

America got the president it deserved, sorry but Hillary was an extremely bad candidate, I told that to my friends and they kept saying nooo way Trump will win, people were not inspired by her, people vote more for something than against something..Trump's message was MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN...in dog whistle make America white again, what's her's???...vote for me I am not Trump???, at least Obama had HOPE & Change and YES WE CAN! the Neo liberals in collusion with the media and the DNC did every thing possible to sabotage Bernie Sanders who was a much better candidate who would have trounced Trump, lookit if Hillary had run against a more establishment Rep candidate she would still get her clock cleaned , she was just that unlikable going in , and it's not because she is a female, Elizabeth Warren would have been much better especially if she had teamed up with Bernie.
Up side is we have gone through worst, our parents and grand parents been through Jim Crow, our great great parents been through the great depression and and our great great great grand parent lived through the scourge of slavery.
What ever happens group economics is a must, there is a need for strategy in what is to become the new normal, most AAs do not carry a passport GET ONE! travel make meaningful contacts through business and friends, have a place you can haul ass if the need arise and TSHF.

edit on 9-11-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
If your candidate doesn't get elected cry racist. Got it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

edit on 9112016 by Snarl because: nvm ... this ain't the Mud-Pit

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN...in dog whistle make America white again
a reply to: Spider879

I've grown so weary of the "dog whistle" claims. I cannot recall the ATS member by name, but I remember a wonderful thread created about this "phenomenon."

Claiming "dog whistle" status quite literally means any individual can make an unsubstantiated claim that Statement A really means X or Y

The beautiful thing about it is, like I said, by calling it a "dog whistle" the person making the accusation needs to provide NO evidence, anecdotally or otherwise, to support their claim. Only they can see what is really being said.

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Perhaps the problem has to do with black men being 6% of the country, yet commit over half the violent crime? Or is it just easier to blame boogeyman and whites?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This race baiting is BS and shame on you and all who do it.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
If your candidate doesn't get elected cry racist. Got it.

Hillary wasn't my candidate, I fully expect things to go really really bad black folks have to get internal and think about our next move.

+14 more 
link   
So basically, when you hear Make America Great Again, you hear Make America White Again?

Odd, I hear that notion that the economy might improve to the point where I will once again be able to gain full-time employment status again. I am not sure what that has to do with anyone's skin color though. I thought it had more to do with the economy ceasing to be stagnant so that employers start getting more work so that they need to hire people, you know, anyone who can do the jobs they have.

Maybe, if you are the one hearing the whistling, the racism is your problem and no one else's?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN...in dog whistle make America white again

I've grown so weary of the "dog whistle" claims. I cannot recall the ATS member by name, but I remember a wonderful thread created about this "phenomenon."

Claiming "dog whistle" status quite literally means any individual can make an unsubstantiated claim that Statement A really means X or Y

The beautiful thing about it is, like I said, by calling it a "dog whistle" the person making the accusation needs to provide NO evidence, anecdotally or otherwise, to support their claim. Only they can see what is really being said.

Well I might believe you if the Alt Right wasn't in his camp, and supported by KKK groups think why do you think they found him an attractive candidate, come man get real.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

And BLM backed Hillary, but no one is supposed to think that is its own type of racism?

Did either candidate solicit that support?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So basically, when you hear Make America Great Again, you hear Make America White Again?

Odd, I hear that notion that the economy might improve to the point where I will once again be able to gain full-time employment status again. I am not sure what that has to do with anyone's skin color though. I thought it had more to do with the economy ceasing to be stagnant so that employers start getting more work so that they need to hire people, you know, anyone who can do the jobs they have.

Maybe, if you are the one hearing the whistling, the racism is your problem and no one else's?

I know I am not imagining this but he have ATL Right and KKK in is camp am asking again what did they love about this guy.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And BLM backed Hillary, but no one is supposed to think that is its own type of racism?

Did either candidate solicit that support?

BLM did not back Hillary they did not endorse any candidate matter of fact they annoyed the hell out of her.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Perhaps the problem has to do with black men being 6% of the country, yet commit over half the violent crime? Or is it just easier to blame boogeyman and whites?

I wonder how many of that 6% qualify to get a passport? It took me almost two years
to get mine, 'cause racism. I'm one of those white Hispanics, you know, like a neighborhood watchman.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Will Quigg must not have gotten the message then. He liked Hillary.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

How so?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
How about stop thinking about yourself as a color and perpetuating the self-fulling prophesy of failure and blaming every set back in life on a white phantom menace.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

So let me get this straight.. you actually think there is an inherent propensity towards violence among black people? Here's an article explaining the correlation between poverty and violent crime. In case you don't want to read the whole article, here's an excerpt showing that violent crime rates are equal between poor white and poor black populations-- in fact whites are a bit more violent, believe it or not:

For the period 2008–12— Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000). Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8–2.5 per 1,000). The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks. However, the rate of violent victimization for Hispanics did not vary across poverty levels. Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000). Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000). Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

Source:
www.dailykos.com...

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I am sorry but I think you are just flat out wrong. This is no better than whites saying when Obama got elected that he was going to wipe out white people.

I have a theory on people who think that saying things like "Make America Great again" is somehow anti black. I think that thought Obamas' "Hope and change" was a promise to bash white people. And because of their racism, they assume a different political message must be anti black.

How else can you explain all of these "dog whistle" claims. The person who is a racist assumes everyone else must also be a racist.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

How so?

Because Giuliani will make it so he was the one with the stop and frisk.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Wow, I'm shocked, the quality of threads has plummeted post election.

I really figured we were at the bottom, I guess we actually had a way to go.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join