It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies; Get Your Birth Control NOW While You Still Can

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Hey, I'm pro choice on everything, I'm a Libertarian. I get it. That said, we all work within the confines of the Constitution and I honestly can't see any reason why any health insurer or employer should be obligated by law to provide birth control.

That's all I'm saying. Maybe I'm missing something but this would not be the first converstaion I've had on the topic so I doubt it.

Btw, I'm pro choice on abortion within limits as regarding trimesters. I don't like it but recognize the state needs to have a very limited role and personally believe we as individuals will ultimately be responsbile for our decisions in the next life.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Tell your employees that your insurance doesn't include Birth Control before you hire them so they can make the choice of whether or not to work for you.

I work for someone else. I can't dictate to my employer his insurance policy requirements. I can barely feed my family, pay the light bill, car insurance, taxes, ............. Now I have this enormous healthcare bill that I'm to young to use, so someone else can have abortions, and free birth control. Hell no. I paid for my own, you can too. No matter how good the intentions are, stealing is still stealing. You are taking from hard working families their ability to better themselves.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If women are forced to have children the men should have mandatory child support until the kid is 18. DNA testing no exceptions. Miss 2 payment...go to jail.

If that was the case pro choice wouldn't even be an issue. The men would gladly pay for the abortion and birthcontrol pills and plan B would be available like mints in any public place bars and post offices all paid for by the federal government.

There would be free vasectomy kiosks in every 7/11 and pool hall.

edit on 9-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If women are forced to have children the men should have mandatory child support until the kid is 18. DNA testing no exceptions.

That is why that is the current law. I have a few friends doing exactly that.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

The employer is just required to pay the provider whatever they agree on paying. Whether that money is then spent on Birth Control or Broken Legs isn't the business of the person paying the provider. The Provider runs it's business and spends it's money however they choose to spend it.

That's just how insurance works. Insurance companies spend the money people pay them in whatever way they choose. Because once collected, that money is there's to spend. Like car insurance. I pay some company and once that money hits their account, it's their money now, not mine. Maybe I don't think my money should pay for the guy down the road who crashed his car, but if that's where they insurance company uses it I have no control over that. Just like when I crash my car they'll pay me with other peoples money. That's just how it works.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bill3969

You don't have to get insurance through your employer if you don't want to then.

They can't make you use the insurance they provide.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I guess I'm confused on your position. Are you saying that employers should mandate that their insurance providers include contraception in their packages?

If not, please tell me how you think it should work, I'm admittedly not seeing an issue with what your saying at all, just taking mild exception with the entitlement of the op.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The employer is just required to pay the provider whatever they agree on paying. Whether that money is then spent on Birth Control or Broken Legs isn't the business of the person paying the provider. The Provider runs it's business and spends it's money however they choose to spend it. That's just how insurance works. Insurance companies spend the money people pay them in whatever way they choose. Because once collected, that money is there's to spend. Like car insurance. I pay some company and once that money hits their account, it's their money now, not mine. Maybe I don't think my money should pay for the guy down the road who crashed his car, but if that's where they insurance company uses it I have no control over that. Just like when I crash my car they'll pay me with other peoples money. That's just how it works.

No. The amount of money they charge you is based on what they have to pay out. If they have to pay out lets say $500 per person on average, they will charge $600 per person in fees. $500 payout, $100 for operating expenses. Lets remove abortions and birth control from the equation. Average is now $400 per person, with $100 operating expenses. Now they charge $500 per person. Nothing is free, they just pass the expense back to us.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Well, we all have our names on bombs that have killed babies that we pay for with taxes. Why is everyone so bent out of shape subsidizing birth control and abortions?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I'm the same way. I think late term abortions are best avoided unless it has to be done for some kind of health reason or something. I think the sooner the better on that kind of thing. Like while it's just some replicating cells. Especially if it's just a choice by the person involved.

But that is my personal feelings on the matter and others may differ. But at that point we're really talking about where to draw the cut off line. Not whether or not to allow abortions at all.

That's where allowing Doctors and Patients to decide comes in. That's between them. But you're still allowing for people to figure out their own lives at that point.

Saying to someone that you must have the baby is just as bad as saying you must abort the baby. Nobody should be forced into either.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You don't have to get insurance through your employer if you don't want to then. They can't make you use the insurance they provide.

The law says I have to have insurance. It doesn't matter where I get it, they will still rape me because you want free abortions and birth control. I have enough to pay for already, now I have to pay for your promiscuity too. Remember, every time you have sex, you are taking food from my children. Your liberal utopia doesn't work, never has, never will. Just because you use the government to steal, doesn't mean you aren't stealing. The only difference is if I fight it, I go to jail. At least a robber with guts would leave me alone afterwards.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

No, because an employer is in control of their own business, not the insurance providers business. I have no problem with employers being able to choose which provider they go with. If they want to choose a provider that offers BC fine, if not fine. They should have to inform their employee about it though is all.

But employers should be able to choose their provider. Providers should be able to choose what to provide though. Employees should be allowed to choose their Employer too. That way everyone gets a choice in the matter.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Meh, I think we agree wich makes it boring conversation lol.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I don't have to worry about birth control pills,I have been spayed.
I am also in my 60's,still no problem.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

No, because an employer is in control of their own business, not the insurance providers business. I have no problem with employers being able to choose which provider they go with. If they want to choose a provider that offers BC fine, if not fine. They should have to inform their employee about it though is all.

But employers should be able to choose their provider. Providers should be able to choose what to provide though. Employees should be allowed to choose their Employer too. That way everyone gets a choice in the matter.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It's because "liberals" do not believe in the concept of unborn child, while at the same time not knowing with any exactitude when a clump of cells becomes a human being.

I think it has more to do with allowing others to choose for themselves on such a personal matter as this rather than forcing everyone to comply with some moral or religious rule.

Liberals I'm sure have many concepts of what and when an unborn child is a child and not a clump of cells. But it's because of the complexity of the argument that they choose "Pro Choice". That way everyone is allowed to do what they feel is best.

You know, Freedom of Choice to do what you think is best. You should support that idea too ya know. You don't like others making your choices for you either when it comes to some issues. This way you can choose to have have babies while others choose not to. Fair is fair.

Many people think they know best when and where to take a life. Freedom of choice without responsibility or knowledge of the consequences is not fair at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

not knowing with any exactitude when a clump of cells becomes a human being.

We know that clump of cells has to develop enough to have the necessary neurological functioning since it's the brain producing our consciousness. Exact? We are getting there. Our knowledge in neuroscience is not so undeveloped that the guess of a religious person as to when the fetus becomes a 'human being' would be equal to that of our scientific knowledge.

We do not know that at all. The jury on what consciousness entails is still out.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bill3969

Oh ok. You're talking about being forced in to paying for health insurance. AKA ObamaCare. I don't think that's right either. I wasn't talking about that though. I was talking about Employers who pay part of their employee's Insurance along with the employee. They shouldn't get to dictate what the provider can and can't provide. That's all I'm saying.

As for being forced to pay for your personal insurance, no, I agree, it's BS. But you don't have to do that exactly. You could just go with medicare instead but the service isn't all that great.

But if you're paying for insurance, you don't get to demand what they provide. You can either go with that insurance provider or not but you can't tell them what to do with their business.

There are people who probably think they shouldn't have to pay for other peoples medical issues too. I mean why should I pay for your kids asthma medication after all. Just tell him to walk instead of run and don't get winded or whatever right???

Or why should I have to pay for some kids broken leg?? Just don't let him play sports and that wouldn't happen, right???

But that's not how it works. That's just how insurance works. Everyone pays in and only some people use it while others don't. Those that don't do it because they might get hurt and want to be covered just in case. That's just how it goes.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

No, that's not how it works exactly.

You buy a product that is a coverage package. You get a set of terms that include a dedictible and list of services and circumstances under which you can make a claim on the insurance. If you are needing new tires, you have no claim. That's routine maintenance and most of us cannot afford insurance that covers that much. However, if you are hit by another car and need a new tire, that will be covered, likely by the other person's insurance if they were at fault.

Insurance covers things like that.

You can choose different companies with different degrees of coverage and different services offered. Mine covers tow, for example, but the one I had prior to this did not.

Health insurance was the same way, but then Obamacare gave the power to write policy to the government who decided what had to be covered and how in all policies.

The money you pay is for the services in your policy, no more, no less.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ladies?

How very sexist.

Birth control is both parties responsibility.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join