It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Ladies; Get Your Birth Control NOW While You Still Can

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You would have thought no woman anywhere ever got her abortions or had any birth control prior to Obamacare!

Erm, prior to Obamacare... we had Roe v. Wade. Important point since Trump wants it overturned! Now that Republicans control much of our nation, it's actually feasible they could accomplish that. So how will women get abortions in the States that will ban it? Illegally that's how..

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What do you think the Hobby Lobby case was all about?

Moral outrage.

Says you. It was about the right of a family not be pushed into acting against their religious beliefs by being forced to provide those things they feel go against them.

You know, that 1st Amendment thing.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

They used to be able to do that, but Obamacare made that impossible because they mandated that all policies had to cover those things regardless. What do you think the Hobby Lobby case was all about?

Yeah, but Hobby Lobby won that case. So not all Providers of Insurance must include Birth Control anymore. There are special Religiously minded Insurance Providers set up specifically just for those businesses who want to provide insurance without BC.

link   

Because there are actually some people who use Birth Control for reasons other than because they're sleeping with random nasty people. I've been in a relationship for over 16 years with the same woman and she uses Birth Control to avoid having a baby. I don't use a condom because we like to enjoy sex. Condoms f*cking suck. We don't have any issues with disease because we only sleep with each other. We just don't want kids. So no, problem not solved.

I'm about as right wing as they get, and I don't care if you use birth control. I just don't want to pay for it. I had to pay for mine when I was younger, and you can too.

link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Or they drive to the states that allow it?

How many places do you think would seriously fully ban abortion in all circumstances?

link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

anyway my point was that i place a lot of faith in condoms since i dont use birth control and wont really be affected

Good luck with that.....

link   
a reply to: yuppa

Actually prevention of fertilization isnt considered wrong by conservatives.

That's the goal of contraception, but it doesn't always work, therefore the need to make the uterus hostile to implantation.

And, by the way, egg and sperm were alive before fertilization. There is no such thing as a "Life Fairy" that magically bestows life were there once was none.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

But only those businesses that fit that special, narrow definition. There is a reason, for example, why Little Sisters of the Poor are still in court even after the Hobby Lobby decision. That ruling didn't cover them.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

How many places do you think would seriously fully ban abortion in all circumstances?

They want a constitutional amendment. There will be no state to drive to. Abortion will be illegal in every state!
edit on 9-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   
Lock up your daughters.
Shoot your son's...
The Rebulicans are coming to town....

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

hm so basically the lack of condom is for you own sake. because they "f*cking suck"

a typical response from many men which is pretty SELFISH if you ask me.

condoms are just as effective. and for women they physically feel the same trust me.

birth control is not the only way to prevent children there are other methods.

why not get a vasectomy? theres a fun method! and no condom needed then!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

There is no such thing as a "Life Fairy" that magically bestows life were there once was none.

So there is no God? Why was I forced to go to Sunday School as a kid then? I want a refund.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Says you. It was about the right of a family not be pushed into acting against their religious beliefs by being forced to provide those things they feel go against them.

You know, that 1st Amendment thing.

It sure didn't stop that same family from Investing in the companies making Birth Control Drugs though did it??

I guess it's ok to make money off Birth Control but not spend money on it.

Sounds like good Moral Religious Principles there.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Let's say I get raped and I get pregnant from the raper. I would not want the baby. Would I lose all rights to abortion?

Edit: If they banned abortion from the USA
edit on 9-11-2016 by Jdennis10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
birth control at the end of the day is a CHOICE. and ONE method. people act like its a necessity.

my PERSONAL opinion is why should i have to ingest medication that causes such horrible side effects to my body

because all medications have side effects after all.

its not the end of the world if are no pills around. use a different method. maybe one better for your overall health.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bill3969

Trump won the presidency. Of course there is NO god!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Fear Mongering is so Passe' Nowadays . Birth Control was Never Dependent on Planned Parenthood to begin with . Speculation on what President Trump will do or will not do about that Right Now is a bit of Overreacting .

" Trump Says He’d Use Medicaid to Expand Insurance Coverage "

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said that as president he would use Medicaid to cover poor people who can’t afford private health insurance, and make birth control available without a prescription.

“Mr. Trump has been consistent on this issue since he announced his campaign -- he believes that Medicaid should be used as a safety net for the poor to ensure that nobody in America falls through the cracks,” Jason Miller, a Trump campaign spokesman, said in an e-mail.

www.bloomberg.com...

" Donald Trump Stands By Planned Parenthood — Except On Abortion "

Trump has also taken heat from Republicans for previously supporting abortion. In 1999, he said he was “pro-choice in every respect.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yes, let's make women have to drive great distances to have one. Wonderful plan.

Do I think many states would ban abortions after Roe v. Wade is overturned?

Umm, yes. I'd say that's quite obvious.

1. Our nation is still primarily Christian, and pro-life is largely religious fueled

2. If there wasn't a want to ban abortions throughout the red states then why would the right be so hellbent on overturning Roe v. Wade to begin with??

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jdennis10

Let's say I get raped and I get pregnant from the raper. I would not want the baby. Would I lose all rights to abortion?

Edit: If they banned abortion from the USA

According to the GOP's position, you couldn't get an abortion. According to Trump, if he gets his way, you could. Rapey fertilized eggs don't deserve the same sanctity and dignity of unwanted accidents.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

But only those businesses that fit that special, narrow definition. There is a reason, for example, why Little Sisters of the Poor are still in court even after the Hobby Lobby decision. That ruling didn't cover them.

They have to claim a Religious Exemption and sign a paper documenting their Religious Beliefs is why they want the exemption. So what???

It did cover them actually, but they don't want to sign a form saying that they want to be excluded from it. It's BS. They provided them with a way out but they refuse to take it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join